• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - E3 Gameplays, Interviews, Articles: Compilation

LOFL. Let this be a lesson to us all - this is what happens when the source material is not translated. ;_;

If she is one of those girls that visit tumblr frequently, not even a good translation in engligh and she reading it would have helped. She would have probably ship them or some similar shit, and find sexual tension where it doesn't exist, just like all those MalfoyXHarry HermioneXHarry fangirls. lol

Raptor

Potions AND Bombs and probably more things will be refilled while meditating.

http://www.pixelitis.net/features/e3-14-interview-talking-sidequests-witcher-3-cd-projekt-red

I once woke up with the idea: “what would it be if these potions and bombs would be infinite?” But how to do it? We started to dig into this subject and we made it this way that when you’re playing, when you’re resting near the fireplace, potions will be automatically refilled, and bombs also. Like tea, let’s say. You’ve got the teabag, then you put the water in again and it will be tea again. In this approach, you don’t need to save this stuff in the inventory. You can play with it, and you can enjoy this alchemy on the full scale.

jett

D-Member
Yeah, I could understand claims that "there are better looking games in some areas", but to state that the game is "downright ugly" still strikes me as lunacy.

I did say "under certain conditions." Mostly how the characters can sometimes look radioactive. The lighting overall can make the visuals sometimes aesthetically unattractive, for me anyway.

Speaking of the game's lighting, is there no way to get the redone lighting of the 360 version on the PC game?

PFD

Playing Witcher 2 right now...man, this game used to be one of the best looking game ever made just a few years ago, now under certain conditions it can be downright ugly. :p Witcher 3 is a serious generationl leap I gotta say. I hope it doesn't give me any troubles on my PC. I also hope that menu system is easier to handle on a controller.

I'm also replaying Witcher 2, just got to chapter 2. The game is GORGEOUS, especially with the flora mod. I don't know what you're smoking mang

Have we ever visited Geralt's hometown Rivia in any of the games? Will we get to?

Not his hometown

Despite his name, Geralt does not really come from Rivia (although he is described, during his first visit to Vizima, as having an "unpleasant" Rivian accent), but young witchers were encouraged to make up surnames for themselves by master Vesemir, to make their names sound more trustworthy. His first choice was Geralt Roger Eric du Haute-Bellegarde, but was dismissed by Vesemir as silly and pretentious.

Denton

God damn finally. I like it how he always leaves the best - the witcher - for last.
And nice substantial interview it is, even if he retreads many known things. But the enthusiasm of Joe and CDP guys is infectious.

Yep. And it is glorious

I would make comparison gifs, but I'm far too lazy. Walking in the flotsam forest was night and day

Ha, that's awesome. What is the performance cost and is it fully compatible with the latest of the latest Enhanced Editions? I am thinking about using it for my next playthrough, when I have decent GPU at last.

PFD

God damn finally. I like it how he always leaves the best - the witcher - for last.
And nice substantial interview it is, even if he retreads many known things. But the enthusiasm of Joe and CDP guys is infectious.

Ha, that's awesome. What is the performance cost and is it fully compatible with the latest of the latest Enhanced Editions? I am thinking about using it for my next playthrough, when I have decent GPU at last.

It is compatible with the latest version of the game and even with the combat rebalance mod (but you have to follow the readme instructions to make the rebalance mod work.)

I noticed a small performance cost in the forest, but my game is still running smoothly on a GTX 770 @ 1440p. The only place that gives me low framerate is the fog battle in chapter 2.

Maedhros

I'm playing the first Witcher and I'm having a blast. The game looks... a bit outdated. But it's pretty good.

Heard the sequel is much, much better. And it using controller instead of mouse + keyboard like the first game.

Sentenza

I'm playing the first Witcher and I'm having a blast. The game looks... a bit outdated. But it's pretty good.

Heard the sequel is much, much better. And it using control instead of mouse + keyboard like the first game.
If by "control" you mean a controller, yes, it's an option, even if it still plays far better with M&KB.
It's also entirely different, since it moved away from a "point and click", to become essentially a third person action game.

Maedhros

If by "control" you mean a controller, yes, it's an option, even if it still plays far better with M&KB.
It's also entirely different, since it moved away from a "point and click", to become essentially a third person action game.

Yup, that's what I wanted to say. That will be my choice while playing.

Heard the sequel is much, much better. And it using controller instead of mouse + keyboard like the first game.

Heck I used a controller on the first game using one of those keyboard-to-controller programs. It was lots of fun and less tedious than expected.

Pls don't bump this thread till next Feb.

sSNSwf0.jpg

Denton

I dunno if these were posted, but I did a more tech-angled interview with one of the VFX honchos on the game, and a regular impressions sort of thing.

http://rpgsite.net/interview/3663-talking-visual-fx-passion-witchers-with-cd-projekt-red
http://rpgsite.net/preview/3677-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-impressions

Thanks, added into OP. The interview is awesome.

New piece from The Witcher 3 soundtrack by Mikolai Stroinski (also known for the Dark Souls 2 trailer music): https://soundcloud.com/mikolai-stroinski/commanding-the-fury

Ooooh that was nice.

Where's he from then?
the Rivia part
was orignally a surname made up Vesemir. But his name became official when he was knighted by Queen Meve of Lyria and Rivia after the battle for the bridge on the yaruga
As for his heritage
he is is son of sorceress/healer Visenna and a warrior called Korin. He was abandoned as a child and set to the wolf school Kaer Morhen.
But Geralt meets her again when treats some very serious injuries he has sustained. (in the short stories)

J Range

One of my most anticipated games but I'm even more excited for Cyberpunk
Is this suppose to be the Witcher but with a cyber punk skin? That would be cool. We haven't seen anything about it though so it's really hard to be excited for me. We don't even know if it will ever see light even.

Leb

the Rivia part
was orignally a surname made up Vesemir. But his name became official when he was knighted by Queen Meve of Lyria and Rivia after the battle for the bridge on the yaruga
As for his heritage
he is is son of sorceress/healer Visenna and a warrior called Korin. He was abandoned as a child and set to the wolf school Kaer Morhen.
But Geralt meets her again when treats some very serious injuries he has sustained. (in the short stories)

Wait, is 'A Road with No Return' considered canonical? Also, if I might inquire, what language did you read it in? I haven't been able to find an English translation but I've been told that the Spanish translation of 'Lady of the Lake' comes with both short stories from 'Something Ends, Something Begins' but I've been unable to find a copy of that either...

Also, if I might inquire, what language did you read it in?.
I've read the german "Hexer" books (dtv version), outside of the first and last ones which aren't available ("The Witcher" is essentially the same as The Last Wish and not sold anymore, and the prequel Season of Storms isn't translated yet)

how important is it lore-wise to experience the first game? i'm gonna take a shot at the 2nd one again (really didn't enjoy combat last go around), but should I play the original first?

Denton

how important is it lore-wise to experience the first game? i'm gonna take a shot at the 2nd one again (really didn't enjoy combat last go around), but should I play the original first?

You should play it because it's a great game (just make sure to select OTS camera and preferably hard difficulty).
But lore-wise, second game is more important.

I've played both games before and after reading the books.

The first game focuses on humans vs non-humans and the path of witchers
The second deals with the politics of northern countries and a possible nilfgaard invasion.
From what we have seen so far, the third will likely focus more on the past relationships of Geralt.

So I don't think playing the first game is necessary lore-wise.
But I was pretty confused with the second game without reading the books (e.g. where is and who is important in Kaedwen, Temeria, Aedirn, Redenia?
What happened at the battle in brugge/sodden hill? What's the deal with his anmesia?)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
While it might not be insanely important politically, the first game does have a pretty big thing now tying into Wild Hunt.

I feel the first game makes a better introduction to the Witcher world, the characters than the second game, even if the second game is better written, as it goes into the political stuff, it supposes you have some idea of who is Triss, Dandelion, etc

Azix

Banned
Sorry if this was confirmed already but I have a question about "First 1080p direct feed footage" this video from the first post. is the game using Nvidia's hair/fur tech?

I ask because it seems underwhelming in comparison to tressFX. Assuming this is the PC version. Maybe its just that the hair in TR was just better shampooed...

Never mind. it looks the same as the E3 hair. Where can I go to see the fur tech in action? Really concerned/interested.

PFD

7 million copies sold across two games is nice. Hopefully TW3 overtakes it by itself soon though. Nice article and video, I like Marcin Iwinski a lot.

Releasing on 3 platform simultaneously should definitely help. But I'm pretty sure a big chunk of those 7 million copies was from deeply discounted GOG/Steam sales

Denton

Releasing on 3 platform simultaneously should definitely help. But I'm pretty sure a big chunk of those 7 million copies was from deeply discounted GOG/Steam sales

Sure, but even discounted, since CDP gets 70-95 % of the profit from every copy sold (depending whether it was on steam or GOG), the profit is still nice. It allowed them to expand by some 150 people after all.
I definitely hope most people that will buy TW3 will do so on PC, specifically on GOG, so CDP gets the money without having to split with other companies.

(I realize most sales will be on steam and consoles...but still)

Top Bottom