• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer (CG)

Savitar

The "Killing monsters" line is basically a theme of the Witcher games, what is evil, what constitutes a monster. So it fits. One thing the series has done very well is show that not all things non human is evil and it goes without saying not all humans are as pure as some like to think.

Hence the choices, even better none are truly pure good or evil so it's not like you can be a "good" or "evil" person since it tends to be perception based or whose side your on.

Ovek

7Member7
Seeing Yennefer would be nice, but I just want to bro up with Roche and Letho again.

Events in Witcher 2 all point to you finding Yennefer but remember she
has amnesia so won't remember you anyway.

Anyway what's all this love for Roche... The kings thug who didn't do a very good job of protecting said king. I want to know what happened to Lorveth and his merry band of freedom fighters the Scoia'tael.

Striek

That was a pretty terrible trailer and the CG looked wierd. Looks like an amateur production next to Cyberpunk's.

Perkel

Banned
Worst witcher CGI to date. I really did not like speed up movements.

That is not speed up. That is how fast normally witchers fight. They are inhuman fast. Games does not represent this because it would be op.

Though TW1 did that when you hit 3-4 times combo Geralt then gets super fast

DieH@rd

Banned
That is not speed up. That is how fast normally witchers fight. They are inhuman fast. Games does not represent this because it would be op.

Though TW1 did that when you hit 3-4 times combo Geralt then gets super fast

Nah, even before fight they moved too fast.

Dec

Awesome trailer. Expected nothing less from CDPR though, even the Witcher 1 intro CG was great.

While production values were lower, W1's intro is my favorite. It's a CG recreation of one of the short stories in The Last Wish.

zkylon

zkylewd
While production values were lower, W1's intro is my favorite. It's a CG recreation of one of the short stories in The Last Wish.

yeah I fully agree

set the mood perfectly and really showed geralt as the beast-like thing he is

really good introduction to the series, watched it a lot when booting up the game

FourMyle

I wanted the game to look like this trailer! The scope of the gameplay vid was impressive but the graphics didn't impress at all.

StiLt

Aaaand I'm hyped.

Enjoy the CG for what it is, contributing to the tone and narrative. Buying into the world CD Projekt creates, I find anything issuing from it is a tasty morsel indeed. Hugely looking forward to seeing some gameplay when they finally drop some. Until then though, this'll do me rather nicely cheer ta.

Hystzen

Good finally see a representation of how fast Witchers move compared to normal humans. I might just go freeze my body ready for next year this is my most hyped game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Anyway what's all this love for Roche... The kings thug who didn't do a very good job of protecting said king. I want to know what happened to Lorveth and his merry band of freedom fighters the Scoia'tael.

I seem to remember it was Geralt who failed at protecting the king.

JDSN

Banned
Oh, you are one of those.

StiLt

Was ist das?

Roche was a champ. As was Iorveth actually in a pissed off "mum never hugged me" kinda way. If you're not playing through both branches on W2, I think you're doin' it wrong chief ;)

Hystzen

rochegifkq9b.gif

Roche is damn great not just what you described at all

Midou

Love it, as I said in the other thread announcing it, I just wanted to see another video of Geralt being Geralt, even if it is CGI, so it's maintaining my hype levels. Witcher 3 is my most hyped game for next year, and 2014 is looking like a killer year.

Good finally see a representation of how fast Witchers move compared to normal humans. I might just go freeze my body ready for next year this is my most hyped game.

Yeah, exactly. It's hard to portray it in the games without making him superman or something, but in the novels it's common for him to get surrounded by 'veteran assassins' and to take them out in a near-literal flash. Too bad it's possible to have trouble with common soldiers in the games, but thus is gaming. :p

Loved the trailer, people that want to see how the game really looks, they know they are other trailers with actual gameplay no?

About the trailer, seems like the one that goes in the other horse with Geralt is a man (its the one who acts as narrator "Make it quick"), although the figure in the horse looked like a woman in the gameinformer cover, it also can mean its not the same companion as in the cover.
Hope we can get Ciri in adventures with you in the game.
Aside from people being caught up in the CG stuff, what really sticks out for me is how he is acting. His grizzled look and sporting a "Fuck this shit" attitude make me feel like there's going to be more consequences to his actions.

Also I wonder if that was Vesemir with him? I can't remember his voice from W1.

Mmmm, it could be.

cool

so I guess this means tw3 is at least partly in nilfgaard?

No man's land (as it notes in the trailer) is the part that got devastated when Nilfgaard attacked in the books (I think is in Time of Hate if IIRC) where Cintra was and Ciri scaped and went living with a poor family that Geralt helps and gets Ciri as a reward (its something about destiny, as Ciri was tried to be given earlier to Geralt by the Cintra queen before the attacks). Nilfgaard retreated when the northern kingdoms used powerful wizards and witches to get them out of there (to their live expenses, and Yeneffer's name is one of the names in the tomb, although Geralts finds that she is not dead some time after).

Hystzen

About the trailer, seems like the one that goes in the other horse with Geralt is a man (its the one who acts as narrator "Make it quick"), although the figure in the horse looked like a woman in the gameinformer cover, it also can mean its not the same companion as in the cover.

It looks like different character from the cover, I think this trailer has Vesemir didn't he go south after W1 prologue actually i hope we get to see the other 3 at least once again.

Usobuko

Banned
In this day and age, you need this kind of video for promotion, especially to the mainstream audience. That's not necessary a bad thing and it has done well in that aspect.

Loved the trailer, people that want to see how the game really looks, they know they are other trailers with actual gameplay no?

I don't know if this actually meant anything as promotional image is subject to change, but they rode different horse too, which indeed might imply that they're actually different person. The one in the trailer rode a brown horse, while the one on Gameinformer cover rode a white horse.

Interestingly, Ciri signature horse in the books, Kelpie, is a black mare. Still nowhere in sight, apparently.

Midou

That was Triss, right? Thats why she's called "Fourteenth of the Hill".

Yes.

Also, I've always been really curious as to where the games take place within the universe of the books. I know most of the books only have fan translations, so perhaps not many people have read them (I read the first 2 short story books, and I'm half way through Time of Contempt now, the 2nd in the Ciri Saga).

Like it sort of feels like the first game tried to stay as far away from the books as possible, but then the 2nd game mentioned Yennefer, but she is so major in the books, it's kind of odd she didn't come up until then. I wonder if the events surrounding Yennefer in Witcher 2 actually happened in one of the books or not, or if this is like alternate universe.

Top Bottom