• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher III: Blood & Wine |OT| One last contract, one last plough

ToKre

Just finished the
Wight
quest , my god

playing HOS before B&W is a must imo after this mission when "his" music started playing

while geralt explained how the
Wight got cursed
gosspumps.

Juraash

Just finished the
Wight
quest , my god

playing HOS before B&W is a must imo after this mission when "his" music started playing

while geralt explained how the
Wight got cursed
gosspumps.

I literally did this exact thing last night. It's a pretty subtle nod, but it works so well, especially if you've just come from HOS.

Tinúviel

Guys i just started B&W which starts with lvl34 character if you directly jump to expansion pack.Can someone recommend me a build cause i almost forgot everything about the game i did finished main game and HoS long time ago.Now there is mutation stuff and i forgot all the armors,skills etc.

killatopak

Gold Member
Is the OT strictly for B&W?

I'm still playing the base game but this is the only Witcher OT that popped up in quite a while.

Edit: When you get to Velen, you immedietly get the quest for Hearts of Stone but I don't see the one for Blood and Wine. I'm afraid that I might brush up on the expansion before I'm meant to. Is there a way to know?

Coreda

I'm still playing the base game but this is the only Witcher OT that popped up in quite a while.

Edit: When you get to Velen, you immedietly get the quest for Hearts of Stone but I don't see the one for Blood and Wine. I'm afraid that I might brush up on the expansion before I'm meant to. Is there a way to know?

The base OT is here in Community. For the expansions there's no way to trigger the main quest events without explicitly initiating them via the notice boards (IIRC it should notify you about the B&W expansion with the in-game full-screen tips upon successful installation however).

There is a new region in Velen added for HoS, but since I began HoS at the same time as the new region was added I'm not sure if there are any HoS sidequests that can be found there prior to triggering the main quest, apart from treasure hunts and some standalone sidequests I suppose.

Meier

Just got back into The Witcher 3 after a 2 year break and finished the base game (I was about 5 hours away from finishing it). Working on the expansions now (done a little bit of both, but made sure to unlock the new mutation stuff and mastercraft armor in Blood and Wine).. downloaded the free Wolf School gear DLC but it seems like there is a bug where I can't access the first piece. Anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

jamsy

Finished the main story last night.

I have to say, the last boss fight against
Detlaff
was absolute bullshit. Like the poster above, I was level 51, and getting absolutely slaughtered. I'm not sure how the game deems the last quest a level 49 endeavor.

I mean, I've always played on the normal difficulty level, and sure, it's been tough in places, but this last fight was just unfairly punishing. His second form kills you in two hits. I finally managed to get the timing right, and was able to get to the third phase a number of times, which is even more difficult than the second. After getting frustrated and angry, I ended up turning down the difficulty level. I mean, I never used oils and potions and things, so sure if I had a bunch of those, that would make things more tolerable, but once you get to the last area, you're pretty much screwed if you don't have that stuff already on you. Sadly this was not an insignificant blemish on an otherwise awesome experience.

In my ending
the duchess and Syanna both end up dead, which was fitting I thought. I'm assuming it's not the "good" ending, but I'm totally happy with that.
Have a few more quests to finish after which I'll probably put down the game for good.

Top Bottom