• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 launches in NA on Sept. 15, EU on Aug. 23

3S4N2uH.png

I just noticed you can see the other superheroes faces in the fist :eek:

So we got....
Red: Punchin dudes
Blue: with a katana
Green: lasers and cheeseburgers
Yellow: big fucking hammer
White: will slice your shit
Pink: will whip your shit
Black: Not giving a shit

Hype level: Max

L Thammy

All of you doubted the Project P-101 reveal. But I knew. I may not have been on GAF yet but I knew.

The kid in black looks like he has a (3)DS. This is a first party game. What if all of his attacks are Nintendo cameos?

All of you doubted the Project P-101 reveal. But I knew. I may not have been on GAF yet but I knew.

The kid in black looks like he has a (3)DS. This is a first party game. What if all of his attacks are Nintendo cameos?
I was down from day 1. The reveal thread was disappointing though.

ohlawd

I was down from day 1. The reveal thread was disappointing though.

Me too. Hyped ever since I saw the first footage.

Reveal thread, my memory escapes me. Is that where everyone doubted this game was Kamiya's baby?

edit: guess not, t'was a different thread then

super edit: omg lol it is that thread. Shitstorm happens on page 2. What a freaking joke lol.

Me too. Hyped ever since I saw the first footage.

Reveal thread, my memory escapes me. Is that where everyone doubted this game was Kamiya's baby?
Pretty much, people judged it over the colorful graphics, theme. Some people thought Nintendo was forcing Kamiya to make this or something, One dude said it looked like Platinums "D Team" was probably making this and some were made because they thought if he was making this Bayo 2 wasn't being made.

L Thammy

Seriously, though, the only hero without their weapon drawn is the 3DS kid. I think that is his weapon.
Could have a really funny video game / Nintendo themed moveset.

I was just rewatching the trailers and I just noticed we've seen the yellow character in action...for like a split sec. In the first trailer during the multiplayer tease you can see the yellow hammer icon. So going by the boxart I'm assuming all 7 characters in the forground are playable instead of the main 3 featured in the trailers.

Neiteio

I can't believe they had a goddamn Platinum game and didn't put it on the conference stage. Idiots.
I'll admit, I was underwhelmed when I first saw the first trailer. I remember saying to my bro that it looked like Jimmy Neutron -- no disrespect to JN, but I mean the look of the game seemed a bit cliché at first (the robots, in particular).

But the game grew on me quickly: I started to notice the Tron-like patterns of light on the robots, the convincing weight to their movements, etc, and then the setting itself started to give me strong Earthbound vibes. Bit by bit, the more I saw, the more I admired the game's style.

Seeing the 15-minute demo walkthroughs was what sold me once and for all. The moment-to-moment action looked SUPERB. Turning into Jell-O pudding to fling projectiles back at baddies, before slithering away in the form of a human Slinky? Amazing! By the end of E3 2012, TW101 had become my most wanted game. And it has remained near the top of my list ever since. :)

Galang

Banned
I already did, but I don't have a link.

Also, never realised you could clearly see the other characters in this art too:

Y2Xqr.jpg

Heh I never noticed that either interestingly enough.

I wasn't a fan of the art at first, but I've come around to liking the characters.

explodet

I checked with a few others and they agree with me, so at least I'm not crazy...

th_1369006873708_zps2a7075c7.jpg

When looking at a thumbnail of the boxart, I swore I saw "Viewtiful Joe" instead of "Wonderful 101".

Top Bottom