• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbone games being played at E3 weren't even being played on an Xbone Dev Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not surprising. Remember E3 2005 when almost every Xbox 360 game were running off G5 Power Macs with X800 XT/ GeForce 6800 Ultra's (or something like that)? .

G5s-3.jpg

Oh yeah, the 770 and 780 are the only 700 series cards available now, right? Must be expecting a serious performance bump once they get an opportunity to start coding to the metal.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Yeah it's usually nothing when it's a PC with "Comparable specs" but this? Shouldn't a Nvidia graphics card be the opposite? What is going on?

Claiming it has "Comparable specs" is where it all falls down, even the lowest of the 700 series (770 GTX) is a 230watt beast with performance close to two to three times more powerful than the Xbox One's GPU.

Miburou

I asked while trying out The Crew why I was playing with a One controller but there was also a mouse and keyboard, and was told it's a PC emulating the One.

Yeah it's usually nothing when it's a PC with "Comparable specs" but this? Shouldn't a Nvidia graphics card be the opposite? What is going on?

You could use Quad SLI GTX Titans if you wanted to. As long its using the same settings as the console version it doesn't matter.

lefantome

Claiming it has "Comparable specs" is where it all falls down, even the lowest of the 700 series (770 GTX) is a 230watt beast with performance close to two to three times more powerful than the Xbox One's GPU.

it's the ideal performance on floating points operations per second.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This does not surprise me, to me the bigger question is whether Julian Rignall still rocks the hairstyle of the gods

andycapps

I'm going to guess that PC's were used a lot for the PS4 side of demos, as well. If they were running on actual dev kits, that's impressive for this far from launch, to me.

lol remember when everyone assumed Sony was doing drm and online checks too? safe to say Nintendo and Sony prepared to release their game consoles. more than Microsoft by miles.
For all the shit we give Nintendo (and rightfully so) about wasting the past few years, what the fuck has MS been doing? They launched first last gen but are somehow the least prepared with their hardware this gen?

You could use Quad SLI GTX Titans if you wanted to. As long its using the same settings as the console version it doesn't matter.

And what if they aren't using the same settings? And what about framerate? This just confirms to me that we don't know if that's how the games will look on the Xbox 1.

Salaadin

So basically like any other pre-launch demos, ever?

360 demos in 2005 were running of g4 Power Macs.

For all the shit we give Nintendo (and rightfully so) about wasting the past few years, what the fuck has MS been doing? They launched first last gen but are somehow the least prepared with their hardware this gen?

I think when Sony said "We will let MS go first!", MS thought "Sweet!"

So, I can't find any source for this nVidia rumor. Where did they get that from? As for using slightly more powerful hardware, that's normal, because at E3 you are trying to show what performance of the final game looks like, not performance of a game with months left of development, where speed optimization and polishing tends to be one of the last steps.

CDX

The Nvidia part is new information.

OK, What models of HP laptops use the Nvidia 700 series?

Can we narrow it down and figure out the HP laptop that was playing Xbone games?

So, I can't find any source for this nVidia rumor. Where did they get that from? As for using slightly more powerful hardware, that's normal, because at E3 you are trying to show what performance of the final game looks like, not performance of a game with months left of development, where speed optimization and polishing tends to be one of the last steps.

The picture in the last page, you can see that it's an Nvidia GTX card. Can't make out the model though.

they never are

I think the real conversation is the fact that they are not on similarly specced hardware. Not even close.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Zoom in on the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom