• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox 360 defect thread

Chiggs

Gold Member
My 360 equipped with a Samsung drive is giving me a shitload of DDE's. Microsoft is sending out a box later this week. Wonder what the turnaround time will be...

Does anyone else have movie playback freezing, and your entire 360 with it?

Im really starting to hate my 360 :-/

(And I wish it would just break down completely so that I could send it in knowing its absolutely necessary)

/edit: Hmm, it just froze while in the dashboard, and after a reboot it froze at the damn 360 logo. I think its time to send it in, cause I cant live with a 400 euro machine acting this f*cked up.

Trasher

Are there any 360 owners here that got a non-launch system that has died? Just wondering if my 360 I got a couple months ago will be alright. :)

Chiggs said:
My 360 equipped with a Samsung drive is giving me a shitload of DDE's. Microsoft is sending out a box later this week. Wonder what the turnaround time will be...
Took a little less than 2 weeks from the time I called till the time I am getting mine back (tomorrow)

Took off the HDD, but it still freezes after a little while (at the dashboard).

Damnit, so whats next? I get one refurbished machine after the other?

VALIS

Trasher said:
Are there any 360 owners here that got a non-launch system that has died? Just wondering if my 360 I got a couple months ago will be alright. :)

Yes. My launch 360 died a few weeks ago, I bought a new core the next day and swapped my HD over because I didn't want to miss out on Dead Rising, that new machine broke in 2 days.

I'm sure there will be a class action suit happening at some point. It's too bad, the console is outstanding except for its build quality, which is ****ing atrocious.

Mojovonio

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
Took off the HDD, but it still freezes after a little while (at the dashboard).

Damnit, so whats next? I get one refurbished machine after the other?

do you see this?

DSC01484.jpg

Synbios459 said:
I bought it at Wal-Mart about a month after it came out, how much should I expect I'll have to pay to get Microsoft to fix it?

They'll quote you $129. Ask to speak to a supervisor and they'll give you 25% off, $96.75. That's the best you'll get for a launch/near-launch system. Grief them politely a little bit more and they'll send you a MGS game, though apparently if you say you have all those, they'll send a controller instead. Wish I'd known that, I'm not much of a PGR3 fan.

Tarazet

I bought a 360 a few days ago. I've had one freeze (the first time I booted BG: DA2), which was fixed by opening the disc tray and closing it again. Also, I usually turn off my powerpad when I'm done playing to save energy, and after such a cycle, my 360 sometimes won't send any video or audio signal until I turn it off, unplug the video cord, plug it back in and turn it on again.

Top Bottom