• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zavvi Thread of Monumental Incompetence

YoungFa

RPGCrazied said:
So I get this today:

lol.jpg

Thanks for my order. Hope I'm happy with my purchase. Did they really just send me that? Come this Wesnesday will be week 3. How is this website with giving refunds? Don't think I'm going to make a whole month.
Tell them you didn't receive it and that you want a refund. They will either tell you to wait a bit longer or want you to reconfirm that you want a refund.

RPGCrazied

YoungFa said:
Tell them you didn't receive it and that you want a refund. They will either tell you to wait a bit longer or want you to reconfirm that you want a refund.

First they told me to wait until 9/5 and they will trace it. Then it bloated into 9/15 which would be a month, which I don't want to wait that long. I can't force them to give me a refund.

Aegus

My Zavvi story is that I wanted to change the payment details on my MGS HD collection (the limited to 4000 one).

No option on the site so I emailed them asking to change my details. Assholes cancelled my order.

Hieberrr

I prr-ordered the PS3 version of Child of Eden from them 2 weeks ago and I'm having it shipped to Toronto. You guys are scaring the shit out of me... I might just cancel my pre-order now :S

EYEL1NER

My buddy and I just got our two copies of Arcana Heart 3 and they arrived in good time and great condition. My only experiences with importing from the UK to the US are with Zavvi/The Hut and game.co.uk and they have been smooth experiences so far.

RPGCrazied

I think one thing they desperately need to start doing is give tracking numbers. Even if its an added $2.00. Tracking something is *not* that expensive. I know it would ease a lot of minds, mine included. I'd like to know where the fuck it is.

Hieberrr

Thanks GAF, you guys just made me realize that I might potentially have to wait 2 weeks for my game xD ORDER CANCELLED!

Omikaru

Every order I've had with these guys has been cancelled for one reason or another. After the third canned order, I decided to never shop with any stores from The Hut Group.

RPGCrazied

Hieberrr said:
Thanks GAF, you guys just made me realize that I might potentially have to wait 2 weeks for my game xD ORDER CANCELLED!

Probably a good idea. Should try GAME, I'm hearing good things with them, and much faster shipping times. This was before the fact I ordered with Zavvi.

Hieberrr

RPGCrazied said:
Probably a good idea. Should try GAME, I'm hearing good things with them, and much faster shipping times. This was before the fact I ordered with Zavvi.

:( Child of Eden is out of stock (they aren't taking anymore pre-orders).

Hieberrr

RPGCrazied said:
Maybe 365 games? I seriously doubt Zavvi would be your only option.

Oh, nah. I'm having it shipped to Toronto, so anything more than 20 bp is too much for me. I guess I'll wait until the price drops on the game in a month or so after it releases.

donny2112

RPGCrazied said:
I think one thing they desperately need to start doing is give tracking numbers. Even if its an added $2.00. Tracking something is *not* that expensive. I know it would ease a lot of minds, mine included.

Not on International packages. You're assuming that International shipping is basically the same as domestic U.S. shipping, and you are terribly wrong in that regard. I think EMS (super-expensive international shipping option; e.g. like $35 shipping for a single game) may give tracking, but not sure on even that. Free International shipping is 1) super awesome if you have any experience paying for International shipping and 2) has no chance of having fancy tracking options involved. It's too bad that it hasn't gotten to you, yet, but hopefully it'll come by Tuesday, since Monday's a holiday. If this experience shies you away from Zavvi.com, that's fine. International shipping, in general, isn't something to just jump into, in any case.

mAcOdIn

Seriously, I don't see how this is incompetent, they shipped the game about a week early, and it's taken almost a month, I know that's painful but lets be honest, did we not shop there because they had free shipping and a good price, did they not say it might take this long? I find it hard to bitch at them for the experience turning out about what they said at the start. I have ordered lots of stuff online from overseas and while this game is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything it was also the cheapest shipping I have ever paid, not one other time have I ever spent less than 8 dollars on international shipping. Maybe it'd be nice if they had a higher priced option but I still don't think this is really all their fault or anything.

Anyways, RPGcrazied, they're coming, mine is sitting in my landlords office right now, arrived via USPS Saturday(why was my landlord there and why did they not knock on my door louder!!!), so it should be any day now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Quick ? can I buy using American Debit Card, my Chase bank card?

I'm interested in some of the games double dipping for trophy purposes lol

mAcOdIn

GraveRobberX said:
Quick ? can I buy using American Debit Card, my Chase bank card?

I'm interested in some of the games double dipping for trophy purposes lol
Is it a pure debit card or is it a Visa or Mastercard Debit card? If it's a debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo on it you can use it like a Credit Card which is how I bought mine. But if it is just a plain old ATM card then no.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
mAcOdIn said:
Is it a pure debit card or is it a Visa or Mastercard Debit card? If it's a debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo on it you can use it like a Credit Card which is how I bought mine. But if it is just a plain old ATM card then no.

K I'm good then, it's a Visa

Sagitario

donny2112 said:
Not on International packages. You're assuming that International shipping is basically the same as domestic U.S. shipping, and you are terribly wrong in that regard. I think EMS (super-expensive international shipping option; e.g. like $35 shipping for a single game) may give tracking, but not sure on even that. Free International shipping is 1) super awesome if you have any experience paying for International shipping and 2) has no chance of having fancy tracking options involved. It's too bad that it hasn't gotten to you, yet, but hopefully it'll come by Tuesday, since Monday's a holiday. If this experience shies you away from Zavvi.com, that's fine. International shipping, in general, isn't something to just jump into, in any case.

Yep. I am used to wait anything from 2 weeks to 1.5 months (not from Zavvi though, but from other reliable sites).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Zaavi shipped from the UK to Canada in 1.5 weeks.

I'd say I have a good impression for now...

exhume

donny2112 said:
Not on International packages. You're assuming that International shipping is basically the same as domestic U.S. shipping, and you are terribly wrong in that regard.
Totally. Living in Australia, I buy nearly everything except food off the internet and I get a tracking number from maybe 1 in 10 retailers (and it often doesn't work properly to boot). Shipping is usually crazy expensive as it is (offset by our strong dollar) so paying even more for premium shipping is out of the question. Very rarely have I had a bad experience; actually, the worst that's happened was Play-Asia losing an artbook, so I try not to shop there. Oh, and whoever Amazon uses as their couriers here don't even knock on the door, they just leave the parcel at the door...but we're getting off topic, haha.

hirokazu

RPGCrazied said:
I think one thing they desperately need to start doing is give tracking numbers. Even if its an added $2.00. Tracking something is *not* that expensive. I know it would ease a lot of minds, mine included. I'd like to know where the fuck it is.
I think they should offer premium shipping for LE items and other fragile stuff.

They unfortunately lifted the free shipping on Saturday so now it is an extra $2 or so per game which is a little annoying since TheHut was still free. Oh well, at least OzGameShop is still free postage too.

I don't have a problem with them so far but if they decide to cancel my 20 pound Zone of the Enders Collection because the price was wrong I'm gonna get mighty pissed :mad:

trinest

I've never had any issues with The Hut Group.

Packages always come in good condition (if they are squashed the product is still good). 2 - 3 weeks is expected delivery anyway because its an international order and the prices are good. And the times I have delt with Customer Support they have been understanding and responded quickly with responces to my various questions.

reptilescorpio said:
They unfortunately lifted the free shipping on Saturday so now it is an extra $2 or so per game which is a little annoying since TheHut was still free. Oh well, at least OzGameShop is still free postage too.

The shipping cost seems to be cheaper then what it originally was (though it is a disapointment they no longer do it free).

Oh wait I DO have a complaint...

I got a discount code for being a good customer (I've been getting stuff for years and this is my first code).

I plug it in during checkout and it doesn't work. So I send off a polite message asking for a new one. The response?

Hi,

Thanks for your message,

I am sorry that the code does not work,

We do send out codes periodically,

If you have any further queries please contact us,

Kindest regards,

Kieran.

Fuck you, Kieran.

RPGCrazied

nincompoop said:
So... where else can I order Xenoblade? Also FUCK YOU ZAVVI I WANTED TO FUCKING PLAY IT

Apparently Zavvi is issuing refunds, have they sent you that email yet? I'm in the same boat as you. Shipped on the 15th and still no game. I got a refund. She told me if the game shows up by a miracle, email them back, and they will charge me again. I don't think I will though. :p

The only place for now is eBay, but they are going for $100. I emailed a few other sites about when they would get more stock, but haven't heard anything back. :(

What the deuce, I thought maybe my Xenoblade pre-order from them was just one of those rare instances where international shipping takes really long time, but are you guys telling me that it is not going to show up at all now?

What the hell happened? Do they have an explanation for this? Was the over a month old shipping notice a mistake?

RPGCrazied

ScionOfTheRisingSun said:
What the deuce, I thought maybe my Xenoblade pre-order from them was just one of those rare instances where international shipping takes really long time, but are you guys telling me that it is not going to show up at all now?

What the hell happened? Do they have an explanation for this? Was the over a month old shipping notice a mistake?

It might. People moan all the time on here it could take up to a month. But I don't buy that. After 2 1/2 weeks if someone doesn't have something, usually means it was lost or stolen. I would ask for a refund, so you can at least get your money back.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
It might. People moan all the time on here it could take up to a month. But I don't buy that. After 2 1/2 weeks if someone doesn't have something, usually means it was lost or stolen. I would ask for a refund, so you can at least get your money back.
Yeah, because we were all lying when we said that.

Zavvi is a slightly iffy company. They are not out to con people, but sometimes they mess up, and they seem to have terrible customer service, which does not help things. When things go right, they are awesome, but when people have a problem, it usually ends up spiraling. They sometimes even mess up shipping within the UK, and more times shipping out to Europe, so when I saw people choosing to import to the US from them in the Xenoblade thread, I mentioned it might be a bad idea, but at the time no one noticed.

I am sure a huge percentage of the people that ordered got there stuff, but there is always something that could happen with an order from them. They are known for it in UK and Europe, and it is brought up in the Cheap Ass thread a lot.

I took a vague notice of the the bad rap back then, I guess I took the chance anyway, I shop a lot online and usually I am lucky.

Now that I've checked the ship date I see that it hasn't exactly been a full 30 days since then. I'll wait until then and fire them an e-mail, get a refund and I guess just go on hunt for a copy amid my friendly eBay scalpers.

RPGCrazied said:

Yes, people who have imported hundreds of games since the 90's are lying to you. Because they hate you.

Celine

My rule for Zavvi is to wait at least 4 full weeks before allarming ( and I live in Europe ).
Use Zavvi/Thehut only if you want a cheap price and don't care for the shipping time.

Zafir

People who already did receive it said it went to inland europe before it actually went back out to the USA, which probably extended the time a bit.

RPGCrazied

Well, don't you think if the Zavvi rep was positive I would eventually get it, why did she issue a refund so fast? It was against there policy. It's like over 40 days before you can get one. I asked one time, and bam.

Then this morning someone in the OT that bought from them got a refund without even asking. Maybe something happened to the first shipments of the game. Has anyone gotten it from the 8/15 shipment?

wrowa

donny2112 said:
You are talking to a person who has a history of ignoring every reasonable post regarding his situation.

Well, why do I even tell you that, it's already obvious that he ignored your post too.

This is btw the reason why I have 0 sympathy for his situation. He never listens to what other people with more experience say and just continues his ramblings. Really annoying.

Oemenia

Banned
My BlazBlue Continuum Shift Limited Edition was dispatched on Thursday, other than slow delivery, what else should i be warned about, will it at least come in good condition?

Zafir

Oemenia said:
My BlazBlue Continuum Shift Limited Edition was dispatched on Thursday, other than slow delivery, what else should i be warned about, will it at least come in good condition?
It depends, I think since the Limited Edition is quite a bit thicker than most dvd/game cases, they'll probably put it in a padded envelope rather than one of those horrible cardboard sleeve boxes which aren't very protecting. Which should hopefully be better.

Rolf NB

And another happy customer. Borderlands GOTY/PS3 ordered on the 29th, shipped on the 31st, in my mailbox today. Nine days shipping. Eleven days total. A new record actually. It's usually faster.

Not to brag or anything but 365games sent out my order on a Wednesday, and it took until the next Wednesday to get here. I think I'll be using them more in the future...a week for international shipping is crazy fast (and I only paid $1.30 for it o-O)

Oemenia

Banned
Zafir said:
It depends, I think since the Limited Edition is quite a bit thicker than most dvd/game cases, they'll probably put it in a padded envelope rather than one of those horrible cardboard sleeve boxes which aren't very protecting. Which should hopefully be better.
Thanks for the info, ill let everyone here know how it goes, so far it dispatched the next day.

Machine

I ordered Xenoblades from Zavvi. I will wait patiently. I should have acted sooner. If it takes 2 months, that's ok. Fuck NOA.

Ryuuken

my first preorder at Zavvi, charged 13/8, despatched mail 15/8, 30 days later and I have not received my preordered Xenoblade, UK->Germany lol, I already ordered at another retailer who has it in stock, gonna cancel Skyrim and Skyward, Zavvi never again

I ordered a game at Zavvi that never arrived. I contacted them through e-mail and they offered a resend or a refund. Two days later I had the money back on my paypal account. So no complaints about it. That's the only problem I've had with them, and I buy games from Spain. Anyway, I almost always pre-order my games at amazon uk because of the free MRW delivery. In two or three days I have my game at home. I use Zavvi mostly for special offers.

Top Bottom