• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Kouriozan

Getting the game in about 2 hours, but I'll start with some Hyrule Warriors.
I usually can't quit a game until I can 100% it, it's going to last me a little while, haha.

I just spent an hour playing with my friend in Versus Mode, its so fun. Im genuinely impressed how fleshed out the game turned out. Bought all the DLC that is out at the moment.

Canon

Banned
So does the damage actually do anything? I presume adds points to your score. It would be cool if it wasn't timed and instead you kill bosses based on how many criticals you do, would feel more satisfying in my opinion.

Oh God, listening to the music of the older Final Fantasies makes me realize how much I miss the NES to the PSX games. And how much I am disappointed by the modern generation ones.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wow, are a lot of the EMSs kind of Spoiler-tastic?

If I hadn't finished XIII-2 a couple years back I'd be pretty annoyed that half the EMS is literally the ending.

hamchan

Alright I might have to use stylus mode for field music songs. The wavy bit with a swish at the end always gets me a good because I'm still using the circle pad to move up and down.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Where are we exchanging friend codes? I want to battle you guys online. Can't believe how fun the VS mode is, my mind is fucking blown.

I'm having great trouble getting into the store right now. I've unlocked the option, but keeps feeding me errors. Other than that, I'm liking it.

Kouriozan

Oh yeah, forgot the game only release tomorrow, I get an error trying to buy DLC.

Anyway, the volume is alright for me, picked up Benjamin/Terra/Cosmos/Zidane as my starting party, finished my first quest, it's really addictive!

chip123

Anyone in Europe had their CE ship from the SE store yet? Been saying "order sent to warehouse" for three days now.

Underdose

Neo Member
Anyone in Europe had their CE ship from the SE store yet? Been saying "order sent to warehouse" for three days now.

I got this E-Mail today:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry that you are having issues with your order for Theatrhythym.

Currently all orders were dispatched yesterday. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with any tracking details. We can assure you that you should be getting your order shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Goddammit, if they were gonna alter Desperate Struggle (FFXIII), why couldn't they just use the full song instead of cutting out the opening portion?

Petrie

Banned
Without Olan's Theme, the single greatest track in FF history in this game, there is no room for complaints about any other songs missing.

So does the damage actually do anything? I presume adds points to your score. It would be cool if it wasn't timed and instead you kill bosses based on how many criticals you do, would feel more satisfying in my opinion.

Oh yes damage counts. Character stats, abilities, and how well you do on each note count towards killing enemies. Also some equipped items can help with damage. I could never verify from the first game but I think higher chains may also give a slight damage boost.

Also each character's stats are used for notes in their row.

In the first game you could easily kill 20+ enemies with the right setups.

Ugh, I fucking suck at EMS. I can't seem to SSS even the Tactics one, even at Beginner level. Is there any trick to getting criticals on EMS?

Kouriozan

ESM are weird, I'm too fast for getting critical most of the time.
If I can manage to slow down just a little it'll be alright.

Ashkeloth

The way I reliably hit criticals on EMS is to focus completely on the outline of the circle marker as it moves and hit the instant it surrounds the note.
It might be that my timing's a bit slow, though. You might want to leave it 0.1-0.3 seconds after the circle passes the note as doing it late is better than doing it early for some reason on EMS.

Anustart

Cosmo Canyon is a really fun FMS on Ultimate. That is all.

Edit: SS'd that bitch. Anyone have the problem on hold notes where you start holding too high on the screen and you run out of space to slide up? :(

The only thing im dissapointed in is that 1000 words isnt the english version.

Also, im not too fond of VS mode. I would have just preferred a straight up way to disable EX bursts if you wanted to.

Chipworm

I got this E-Mail today:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry that you are having issues with your order for Theatrhythym.

Currently all orders were dispatched yesterday. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with any tracking details. We can assure you that you should be getting your order shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thanks for posting this. I think it's safe to say I won't be using their official store again. I paid for this game back in July, the least they could do is provide updates!

ohlawd

agree on the english stuff

I would swap the Crystal Chronicles songs to English and use the DS versions for III and IV's sets.

Mupod

I got this game two days ago and haven't had a chance to play it yet - wanted to finish Wonderful 101. But tonight's the night.

I noticed the case didn't come with a big special stylus like the original did - I still have that anyways, so I'm good to go.

Never played the first one, how does unlocking people go? I just want Squall

Just pick him as one of your four starters. You'll have him from the beginning.

If not...
Certain bosses give you crystal drops. 4-6 crystals of a single color let you pick from a certain selection of characters.
Certain Rhythmia milestones also will give you a free character unlock.
Once you get the crystals that let you unlock Squall (It took me maybe an hour and a half to get enough to be able to choose Squall) you can choose him.

Just pick him as one of your four starters. You'll have him from the beginning.

If not...
Certain bosses give you crystal drops. 4-6 crystals of a single color let you pick from a certain selection of characters.
Certain Rhythmia milestones also will give you a free character unlock.
Once you get the crystals that let you unlock Squall (It took me maybe an hour and a half to get enough to be able to choose Squall) you can choose him.
Sweet, thanks!

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Picked the game at work today. Got home and played a bit, never played the first one... Man this thing is crack.

I can already see myself lose an unreasonable amount of hours into it. I love it.

Stuart444

Any EU people still have their CEs set to "Order sent to warehouse"?

Should be sent out now for Friday :/ I need this before Wednesday next week.

edit: Ah, I see the above e-mail. Before I posted this, I sent a tweet to their EU twitter: @SQUARE_ENIX_EU but looks like that won't do much good anyway. :/

So annoying when the last order (FFXIV OST) went fine, Got sent out via DPD with tracking and everything.

Kouriozan

I have 0.5 star, woot x)
Can you get the first class ticket for Quest Medley as a (very very rare) drop?
Got 3 regular one.

How many songs can you favourite? I've just had this brilliant idea of favouriting the songs I've "truly" SSS'd. I'm hoping you can favourite them all...

utentagen

Neo Member
there's something about the FMS tracks that bugs me and i'm not sure how to explain it, but i'll try my best.

in the first theatrhythm, when you hit a green note, the circle at the beginning of the note moves past your marker and, obviously, you have to move your marker and hit all the smaller notes on the line. it's still like that in curtain call, but instead of the green circle at the beginning moving past your marker, it moves on its own and follows the line while you have to move your market and catch up with it. for whatever reason i absolutely HATE that addition and it really, really throws me off, especially on parts where there are a lot of super short lines. it makes me feel like i'm supposed to just be catching up with the robotic movements of the green circle as opposed to following the line itself.

idk, maybe i'm overthinking it, but i really wish you could turn it off

I just checked the manual and it doesn't seem to say how many you can favourite. I don't see why there should be a limit though, since you can make it so that it lists every song back to back

zruben

Banned
I didn't know this game was out.

I went to my game store to pay my Smash Bros preorder and returned with this.
jX6XZpkOOKLg5.jpg

Ok, now what I have to do about the Free DLC and stuff?...

Ok, now what I have to do about the Free DLC and stuff?...
Play about an hour of the game to unlock the DLC downloading option.
It's on the screen where you choose your save file when it's open.
The two tracks are free for 12 days still so you've got plenty of time. :)

Top Bottom