• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

lionpants

Skills are absolutely necessary to clear high level chaos maps. I have a map where I cannot beat the final boss with 4 level 99 BMS oriented characters all using their limit breaks, and this is with SS perfect chain score on Ultimate. It looks like I'll have to reset them to level 1 for the CP gain along with beefing up their stats with cards. I'm still in the processing of getting every character to 99 to see final stats and abilities as I have not decided yet who I want have as my BMS team.
What method do you use to level up?

Aiustis

Anyone else got this game without much FF experience? I honestly love it as a rhythm game, but it does feel weird to be unaffected by all the fan service in it.

Yup. I'm not a FF fan. I've only enjoyed Crisis Core and Tactics. I love me some rhythm games though.

How does street pass work?

Stuart444

So the SE EU store is saying "Order Sent to Warehouse." on my order now.

Should be sent out tomorrow then I'd hope and arrive on Friday.

Dizzy-4U

Physical copies will be available in 25 days or so where I live. I hate this thread!

I can't......Screw it, going digital. I'm gonna regret this.

I'm pretty good so far with Expert but Ultimate is insane!

I'm not fast enough. Doesn't help I have very limited musical ability and naturally born with no rhythm!

Yes, I can't dance! :p

Pangya

Does anyone know what the letter beside the level number means in the Quest Medleys (Chaos Maps)?

IE: Lvl 35 P Hills and valleys, blah blah

It follows the same rarity as cards (N, R, P). P maps generally give better boss rewards and boss item drops.

What method do you use to level up?

I'm just leveling as I do maps. When I decide on the four characters I want for my main BMS team, I plan on using Exp UP scrolls on them to make grinding and resetting them much easier. There are also one time use items that give 2x and 6x exp I believe. If someone found a way to farm the 6x exp item, it would be really easy to level. Combine the 6x item, Exp UP abilities, and up to 2x exp from long maps and you have yourself a grinding session.

Petrie

Banned
I
I'm just leveling as I do maps. When I decide on the four characters I want for my main BMS team, I plan on using Exp UP scrolls on them to make grinding and resetting them much easier. There are also one time use items that give 2x and 6x exp I believe. If someone found a way to farm the 6x exp item, it would be really easy to level. Combine the 6x item, Exp UP abilities, and up to 2x exp from long maps and you have yourself a grinding session.

For someone who enjoyed the music part of the first game without delving too much into other stuff, why would one grind a reset?

In fact any and all advice with the RPG side of this game would be greatly appreciated. It does a pretty poor job explaining things.

Since this one has all the songs from the original is there any reason to keep the first game (e.g. gameplay differences, characters, etc.)?

The Somnus DLC is the only notable difference between the two at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if that became DLC for Curtain Call eventually.

Pangya

For someone who enjoyed the music part of the first game without delving too much into other stuff, why would one grind a reset?

In fact any and all advice with the RPG side of this game would be greatly appreciated. It does a pretty poor job explaining things.

Every time you reset a character back to level 1, the character gains 10 CP (up to a max of 99). Since you can normally only have 50 CP at level 99, you'd have to reset 10 times in order to hit the cap of 99 CP (CP increase per reset decreases). Having 99 CP gives your character a lot more flexibility in equipping abilities, especially since a lot of abilities can be learned through the usage of item scrolls.

jholmes

So this is embarrassing -- I created an Indies Zero thread and linked it here, but the link was a bad one! The real deal is right here and I think it's worth discussing just how far these guys have come in such a short time!

Please, the thread is just lonely and sad right now :(

How do I unlock Versus Mode?

I need to show people the king of Shuffle or Boogie.

I think you need to do a quest medley first. You also have to beat the AI in versus at least once before you unlock multiplayer versus.

Beast780

This has probably been posted somewhere in this thread. I just picked this up, and bought a $20 eShop card. How do you buy the DLC in this game?

bumpkin

This has probably been posted somewhere in this thread. I just picked this up, and bought a $20 eShop card. How do you buy the DLC in this game?
I think you press Start when you're in the one-off song play mode. At least that's what the icon which says "Start" on it looks like to me (a list).

ohlawd

game threw that YRP song on Ultimate at me during a quest medley

I failed. I failed quite miserably. how do people do this shit o.o

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Skills are absolutely necessary to clear high level chaos maps. I have a map where I cannot beat the final boss with 4 level 99 BMS oriented characters all using their limit breaks, and this is with SS perfect chain score on Ultimate. It looks like I'll have to reset them to level 1 for the CP gain along with beefing up their stats with cards. I'm still in the processing of getting every character to 99 to see final stats and abilities as I have not decided yet who I want have as my BMS team.

Like I said, they only matter when you're trying to beat bosses for items and cards. You could easily "clear" the Chaos map without beating the last boss/getting the items.

Kouriozan

Ugh, so hyped right now. A little less than 12 hours to wait, I'm sad that EU had to wait a few extra days but we're getting a revenge with Fantasy Life :lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Quick heads-up, those two free DLC songs are only free until the 30th. There's also a few other songs up at the moment, all $0.99.

BMS:

- Shuffle or Boogie (VIII)
- Blitz Off! (X)
- Tough Battle #2 (XI)

FMS:

- Library of Ancients (V)
- Kuon: Memories of Waves (X-2)
- Crazy Chocobo (XIII-2)

....I still hate how I can't preview the song, so I gotta go to YouTube to hear it.

Also, the only character you can buy at the moment (also $0.99) is Yuffie (VII).
What do you mean by this? Those DLC songs will stop working after the 30th? Or they will just stop being free for people who didn't already downloaded them? I was going to wait a few months before buying this game (haven't put too much time on the first one), but if I can keep those songs forever for free I may grab it now instead.

Kouriozan

He meant they are free to download until that date, then for those who didn't download it, it won't be free anymore.
If you already downloaded, they'll be free to redownload again, of course.

Luigi87

"Damn, I wonder if We Have Come is in the game..."
*gets next Rhythmia unlock*
>You have unlocked We Have Come (EMS) from Final Fantasy Type-0

... It knows!
I mean I hate that it's EMS, but at least it is in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are the unlocks still random? I could've sworn they were random in the previous game for each 500rms you got.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be picking this up from the post office this evening. Any tips for the first hours of the game on what to do?

jholmes

I'll be picking this up from the post office this evening. Any tips for the first hours of the game on what to do?

Crank the volume, pick your favourite tracks and try to play enough to be able to access DLC and get those two free tracks post-haste. The FFV one in particular is a must.

I need to stop playing so I can do things like, I don't know, eat. The "just one more level" feeling is off the charts for this game. So much to play and collect!

Pangya

Like I said, they only matter when you're trying to beat bosses for items and cards. You could easily "clear" the Chaos map without beating the last boss/getting the items.

Actually, you fail the quest if you don't beat the last boss, so the map would not be cleared.

Hansel?

Neo Member
With the first game being my fav 3DS game, I'm loving this already.

Quick question, though:

IIRC, the first game had a "speical way" of getting 9999999 and SSS ranks for each song. Basically something like you couldn't have anything equipped and you had to "all-critical" the enitre song.

In my first playthrough of a few songs, I completed them with "all-critical" and still go SSS even with spells and items equipped.

Did they do away with this from the first game? One of my favorite things from the first game was discovering this part and basically getting to re-challenge myself on each song.

Is there an equivalent to this in the second game? Do we know yet?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
He meant they are free to download until that date, then for those who didn't download it, it won't be free anymore.
If you already downloaded, they'll be free to redownload again, of course.
Oh that's good! I'm buying the game now then. Guess there's no point in continuing to play the old one when this has so much new content.

Luigi87

*cries*

zlCfzSc9E48nUJzNTJ

Pangya

With the first game being my fav 3DS game, I'm loving this already.

Quick question, though:

IIRC, the first game had a "speical way" of getting 9999999 and SSS ranks for each song. Basically something like you couldn't have anything equipped and you had to "all-critical" the enitre song.

In my first playthrough of a few songs, I completed them with "all-critical" and still go SSS even with spells and items equipped.

Did they do away with this from the first game? One of my favorite things from the first game was discovering this part and basically getting to re-challenge myself on each song.

Is there an equivalent to this in the second game? Do we know yet?

They got rid of it from the first game. They also made it so you can get SSS even without an all critical score. I'm glad it's gone since you can now farm exp/items more efficiently while still aiming for a top score.

Pangya

Am I doing anything wrong by just using my four guys a picked from the start and playing through all the songs in order?

If you're aiming for trophies, you may save some time by just randomly finding the songs in quest medley. Your scores in quest medley are recorded as if you were doing it in stage select, so there really is no reason to just play random songs through quest medley.

Top Bottom