• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

All of the characters I want are under turquoise shards and I don't have a single quest that gives them. AND all my quests are like lvl 70-80 and I get murdered on most ultimate scores...frowny face

Kirlia

Banned
All of the characters I want are under turquoise shards and I don't have a single quest that gives them. AND all my quests are like lvl 70-80 and I get murdered on most ultimate scores...frowny face

Turquoise Shards are pretty rare for me as well, although I did finally get a map that gives me at least four of them upon completion.

Incidentally, I've unlocked almost all of the Red Shard characters (Lightning has a single Red Shard left to go); once all the characters under a shard color are unlocked, do Quest Medley maps with those shard colors stop appearing, making other shard colors more likely to appear? Or do maps with a rare item for a reward start appearing more in place of the completed shard color?

Hmm... I've got a level 68 long quest with a total of 16 turquoise shards listed as rewards. I'm sure you'll get some ultimates but it'll probably be doable. Interested?

Incidentally, I've unlocked almost all of the Red Shard characters (Lightning has a single Red Shard left to go); once all the characters under a shard color are unlocked, do Quest Medley maps with those shard colors stop appearing, making other shard colors more likely to appear? Or do maps with a rare item for a reward start appearing more in place of the completed shard color?

I don't think it starts favoring the shards you still need. The last color I needed was Orange, and I had to complete several maps that gave me all sorts of useless shards before the RNG finally coughed up one with Oranges.

Swamped

Banned

I have a short premium quest for turquoise shards, let me know if your want it. I think it's a level 70 quest though, but you can use a fortune sphere for the really tough ones!

Kirlia

Banned
Finally got all the characters unlocked~ Silver and black were my last shards that I had a hard time finding.

Ugh, black is going to be a huge pain for me. If any people have any maps that have Black Shards, please let me know. I'm not sure what I can give back in return, but let me know if there's anything you're looking for.

Lumiere

Neo Member
I want to buy some of the new DLC but after installing the system update I haven't been able to log into the DLC menu :( I keep getting a connection error (the connection works otherwise). Is anyone else having the same problem?

Really want Cid and Locke's theme :(

Phil S.

Banned
Thanks to swamped's generosity with her time, I was able to get the EXP map. I've been happily leveling up characters, getting new shards with the Jeweled Ring items, and really enjoying myself. I'm much more used to the game now, too, after my extended hiatus due to Hyrule Warriors and Smash!

MrDaravon

I want to buy some of the new DLC but after installing the system update I haven't been able to log into the DLC menu :( I keep getting a connection error (the connection works otherwise). Is anyone else having the same problem?

Really want Cid and Locke's theme :(

No problems here, that's really weird :(

What's Tutorial Number 13 in this game? For some reason in the menu it's still locked out and I don't know if it's a bug or something I genuinely haven't seen yet! Can someone have a look and see what it is?

Kirlia

Banned
Been playing more Quest Medleys for more shards...it felt pretty damn rewarding to clear Ultimate Otherworld (WITH spinning arrows during the boss), even if it took many, MANY restarts because I hadn't played the song before on ANY difficulty level. On the flip side of the coin, getting the spinning arrows on the boss of Ultimate Vermilion Fire, one of my favorite songs (I think I've gotten close to SSSing it), felt like being hit in the face with a soccer ball. I shouldn't have felt so disappointed in getting an S with how terrible the spinning arrows were.

Also, it may just be me, but Ultimate Behind the Door and ESPECIALLY Ultimate Timely Ambush seem to be on par with The Castle as some of the harder FMSes.

I'm down. My FC is 1907-8735-4892.

Added. Let me know when you want to play. I also have the Exp Map.

What's Tutorial Number 13 in this game? For some reason in the menu it's still locked out and I don't know if it's a bug or something I genuinely haven't seen yet! Can someone have a look and see what it is?

I assume it's Local Battles, since 11 is Versus Mode, 12 is AI Battles, and 14 is Online Battles.

I have now completed all songs on Basic difficulty, and a song I've recently discovered is YRP Fight! No 1 from X-2. I love the song, and combined with the scenery, feels as far away from Final Fantasy based on my experience as it can, yet I'm still playing a Final Fantasy game. I'm also close to getting 60,000 Rhythmia.

Kirlia

Banned
I have now completed all songs on Basic difficulty, and a song I've recently discovered is YRP Fight! No 1 from X-2. I love the song, and combined with the scenery, feels as far away from Final Fantasy based on my experience as it can, yet I'm still playing a Final Fantasy game. I'm also close to getting 60,000 Rhythmia.

Good job, dude! I have yet to complete all songs on Basic...I'm super impatient and keep jumping around from song to song. There's so many. It's AWESOME.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
You can defeat the quest mode Spinny Boss Arrows by just bringing four characters with boss-killing moves, yeah? They only spin when the boss is out, just gotta kill him ASAP.

Zhao_Yun

I am getting slightly annoyed by FMS songs on Ultimate. I use touch controls for them because the hold sections are easier with the touchpen but sometimes the game just doesn't recognize my swipes although I am pretty sure that I swiped in the right direction. It happens so often although I try to be as precise as possible when swiping. Any tips on that?

I am getting slightly annoyed by FMS songs on Ultimate. I use touch controls for them because the hold sections are easier with the touchpen but sometimes the game just doesn't recognize my swipes although I am pretty sure that I swiped in the right direction. It happens so often although I try to be as precise as possible when swiping. Any tips on that?

I notice this too, even on lower difficulties. Sometimes the game will think I've released a hold section when I haven't.

I notice this too, even on lower difficulties. Sometimes the game will think I've released a hold section when I haven't.

I had a few issues like this but it was my fault. Because of the way I was holding the console, I would accidentally press the left shoulder button by mistake now and then and it would cancel the hold. The press is so light that I hardly even noticed I'd done it.

... Just in case that's a possibility. I haven't had issues of that kind since I realised.

Kirlia

Banned

I'm afraid I can offer none, although touch controls do seem to be the way to go for FMS songs. Still, getting a Bad swipe on an otherwise Perfect Chain run of The Castle (on Ultimate) when I'm sure I swiped in the right direction (and near the end of the song, too!) was infuriating.

MrDaravon

It might be my 3DS then :( Looks like i'm able to get into the Store every 10 tries or so... at least I was able to purchase the DLC though :)

Yeah, only other thing I can think of is check your internet/security settings. Seeing some folks here and there having issues based on that.

After a few more weeks of trying I've perfected 19 songs on Ultimate. Anyone else doing the same feel free to post the songs you've perfected so we can all have a go at them.

Battle (FFI)
Town (FFII)
This is the Last Battle (FFIII)
Eternal Wind (FFIII)
Battle to the Death (FFVI)
Kefka's Tower (FFVI)
Let the Battles Begin! (FFVII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (FFVII)
Don't be Afraid (FFVIII)
The Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII)
Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
Battle 1 (FFIX)
A Place to Call Home (FFIX)
A Fleeting Dream (FFX)
Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI)
Boss Battle (FFXII)
Fighting Fate (FFXIII)
The Land Breathes (A Realm Reborn)
Chaos (Lightning Returns)

Wichu

After a few more weeks of trying I've perfected 19 songs on Ultimate. Anyone else doing the same feel free to post the songs you've perfected so we can all have a go at them.

Battle (FFI)
Town (FFII)
This is the Last Battle (FFIII)
Eternal Wind (FFIII)
Battle to the Death (FFVI)
Kefka's Tower (FFVI)
Let the Battles Begin! (FFVII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (FFVII)
Don't be Afraid (FFVIII)
The Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII)
Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
Battle 1 (FFIX)
A Place to Call Home (FFIX)
A Fleeting Dream (FFX)
Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI)
Boss Battle (FFXII)
Fighting Fate (FFXIII)
The Land Breathes (A Realm Reborn)
Chaos (Lightning Returns)

I've managed a couple of FMSes and the FF theme from FF1 by accident while doing quests. I can check exactly which ones tomorrow, though I did do Zanarkand earlier today.

I've also had FFIV Battle 1 all-criticaled against me online. Guy was seriously good.

Kirlia

Banned
Advent One Winged Angel was disappointingly easy on ultimate. I was expecting Force Your Way levels difficult :(

Well, it IS pretty long! Isn't it the longest song in the whole game? If it were Force Your Way difficult the entire song, I think hands would be broken.

I've managed a couple of FMSes and the FF theme from FF1 by accident while doing quests. I can check exactly which ones tomorrow, though I did do Zanarkand earlier today.

I've also had FFIV Battle 1 all-criticaled against me online. Guy was seriously good.

Would be great so I'll know what to go for next. I've nowhere near tried all of the songs, maybe about half and I'd rather go for ones that some of us have achieved here. It's more fun like this and saves more time rather than spending hours on impossible songs!

I came very close to doing Something to protect (FFIX) and the Chocobo Man with the Machine Gun remix today. These two are definitely doable but will take me a few hours.

lupin23rd

Been playing this game a lot the past couple of days and really enjoying it, but a little confused on what I should be doing?

I've been playing quest medleys, which unlock new maps, and trying to clear out all stages by replaying maps. Hoping to get all characters unlocked. Is there anything else I should be focusing on or just keep questing?

Groodon

Neo Member
Told myself to buy this game if "Price of freedom" was in it, and what a happy surprise it was!
Just a question, do you guys have any kind of goals while playing this game?
Are you just framing quests, mastering ultimates or trying to get all achievements?
Sure, I can play this game without any goal in mind, but it's easier to pick up when I have a goal set aswell.

suzu

Been playing this game a lot the past couple of days and really enjoying it, but a little confused on what I should be doing?

I've been playing quest medleys, which unlock new maps, and trying to clear out all stages by replaying maps. Hoping to get all characters unlocked. Is there anything else I should be focusing on or just keep questing?

Told myself to buy this game if "Price of freedom" was in it, and what a happy surprise it was!
Are you just framing quests, mastering ultimates or trying to get all achievements?
Sure, I can play this game without any goal in mind, but it's easier to pick up when I have a goal set aswell.

Goals? Uhh, I guess things like:

- unlock all characters
- make a good BMS-focused party
- make a good FMS-focused party
- get SSS in all songs
- rank up in VS mode
- get more trophies
- get more rhythmia to unlock things

Swamped

Banned

I have played this game food more than 80 hours now. My current goals are as follows:

- unlock all remaining characters
- perfect chain as many Ultimate songs as possible
- get a rating higher than 2000 (and maintain it) in versus mode
- collect the remaining nostalgia maps

Top Bottom