• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

Ok, so, um, well. I was wrong.

Have fun Sony PR!!!

This is good news for fans of Evolution racing games that want the best possible game... and haters of Sony that want something to point and laugh at.

Wait for something official before taking it to the bank... but, yeah, shit.

Wow, what a mess if this turns out true. Major fuck up by Sony.

DC is the game that I pre-ordered my PS4 for.

But to be honest I like shiny new things. So I'll just have my shiny new thing. Play a bit of Resogun and hope DC is good when it finally emerges.

In the meantime I'll play some Forza 5.

And I'll be looking out for the Need for Speed face-off to see if (a) I buy it at all, and (b) which platform. Be nice to have a PS4 racer.

shandy706

DON'T BAN FAMOUSMORTIMER! PLEASE MODS!!!

Why would someone who is normally reliable, be banned for giving a "my sources say, so I'm confident" post?

That seems like a horrible reason for a banning. I understand if you get it 100% wrong 2 or 3 times in a row.

I guess we'll get 100% confirmation sometime soon.

kpaadet

If this is true then I hope Sony gives a big fat bonus to Guerrilla for single handed carrying Sony's 1st party launch.

If only Wipeout was around to save the day.

/bitter about Wipeout.

Either way I'd rather have it delayed than have an unfinished product.

Taker34

Banned
Ok so here's what I know...

I heard it from someone I trust. That's all I can say. This person isn't working on the game and could be wrong. I trust that it isn't wrong.

They are likely scrambling to pick a new PS+ game to deliver some good news with the bad and announce it then.

I will likely get banned (temporary, I hope?!?) if I'm wrong so I guess that will let you know how confident I am.

If i'm wrong, I'll see ya when I'm allowed back. But I don't think I'm wrong. I would assume if it's untrue someone at sony/evo will crush it shortly. If it's silent... well, wait for the announcement of "hey _____ is on ps+ on day one and also driveclub is delayed but who cares because ______ is on PS+ on day one!."

I don't think anyone doubts that you're trustworthy. Thanks for the info and stay funky! I will start a riot if something happens to you!

I heard it from someone I trust. That's all I can say. This person isn't working on the game and could be wrong. I trust that it isn't wrong.

They are likely scrambling to pick a new PS+ game to deliver some good news with the bad and announce it then.

I will likely get banned (temporary, I hope?!?) if I'm wrong so I guess that will let you know how confident I am.

As for personal opinion: Motorstorm was my favorite racing series last gen. I love Evolution. When there was a rumor about a delay last time I posted that I hoped it was true because I want the best possible game from them. I don't need it at launch. I take the jim sterling approach to launches... give me good games spread out, not rushed games all piled on day one.

That said... it's a disaster for Sony PR. This + Watchdogs is bad for next gen sales in general this year. It just further cements the feeling that the systems aren't ready. Which is true. Modern systems never are. The 3DS shipped without an Eshop, the vita didn't have PSone support, the Wii U OS was a disaster. There will be similar growing pains for microsoft and Sony. We already know a lot of stuff has been pushed from launch (youtube uploads, usb storage, ID @ xbox, etc for x1, gaikai, certain headphones working, hdcp being turned off, etc for Ps4). There will also be games for both systems that once you play them you will wish they were delayed.

If i'm wrong, I'll see ya when I'm allowed back. But I don't think I'm wrong. I would assume if it's untrue someone at sony/evo will crush it shortly. If it's silent... well, wait for the announcement of "hey _____ is on ps+ on day one and also driveclub is delayed but who cares because ______ is on PS+ on day one!."

Well, shitballs. :( I hope you don't get banned if the dook hits the fan. I was looking forward to trying this at launch. Guess its KZ and Resogun for me. Its ok, though. I have a baby due a week after launch, so Im not going to have oodles of time to play anyway, and by the time Im done with KZ, Infamous will be out.

Killzone, Knack, Resogun, and Contrast. Then whatever indie game I get in December..

Honestly, for me personally, that's absolutely ok to close out 2013.

Would've liked my DC PS+ Ed. and Watch Dogs, but it ain't worth worrying over. If those games in particular were my reasons to pick up a PS4 Day 1 then yeah, I'd be upset and prob. wait until Spring to get one, but they're not.

Bsigg12

No

There is another

the-last-guardian-screenshot-1.jpg

image.php

Sony have three new ones, Doki-Doki Universe, Hohokum, Resogun, Resogun is already going to be free.

If they can't figure something out with Knack, since DC PS+ edition was a bit different from the retail version, maybe throw in the rest of the launch indie titles? I think the main issue is that it wasn't a full version of DC they were offering on PS+ at launch but something less, so I don't know if you could convince a 3rd party to have their game be featured or not and if they could put together a not full retail version in time for launch.

Korezo

This was gonna be my game at launch, now a possibilty of nothing to play at all? The only other game I would consider is cod but I don't even play cod anymore. Gonna just ebay my ps4 if true.

Vashetti

Banned
After the loss of Watch Dogs and now (maybe) this, I'm seriously tempted to cancel my pre-order.

inFamous in February seems a much better time to jump in. How easy would it be to get a console then?

Pain

Banned

As for personal opinion: Motorstorm was my favorite racing series last gen. I love Evolution. When there was a rumor about a delay last time I posted that I hoped it was true because I want the best possible game from them. I don't need it at launch. I take the jim sterling approach to launches... give me good games spread out, not rushed games all piled on day one.

That said... it's a disaster for Sony PR. This + Watchdogs is bad for next gen sales in general this year. It just further cements the feeling that the systems aren't ready. Which is true. Modern systems never are. The 3DS shipped without an Eshop, the vita didn't have PSone support, the Wii U OS was a disaster. There will be similar growing pains for microsoft and Sony. We already know a lot of stuff has been pushed from launch (youtube uploads, usb storage, ID @ xbox, etc for x1, gaikai, certain headphones working, hdcp being turned off, etc for Ps4). There will also be games for both systems that once you play them you will wish they were delayed.

Looks like we're getting Knack on PS+ or maybe a few indies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sony have three new ones, Doki-Doki Universe, Hohokum, Resogun, Resogun is already going to be free.
Where is Octodad? Can't believe that one's taking so long, it looked so simple.

Acheteedo

If true, that's obviously bad news for Sony, their launch lineup was already looking somewhat weaker the Xbone's, this just makes it official. That said, I really doubt that many people were hinging their pre-orders on the game, I don't think this changes much, the PS4 will still have much higher demand than Xbone.

Probably good news for the game itself though, of all the launch games this one gave off the biggest "not ready yet" vibe.

_woLf

S¡mon;86292121 said:
We only lost Watch_Dog thusfar, and DriveClub hasn't been confirmed. In fact, I would call this a very inreliable rumour.

And what about other great titles? Like Battlefield 4, FIFA 14/Madden NFL 25, Call of Duty, etc.? Just because those titles are multiplatform, doesn't mean they are less awesome. :)

They aren't less awesome, but I want new experiences. In fact, AC4 is only on the list because I would be buying it on PC otherwise, which is usually released after the console versions. Otherwise, it's Killzone and Knack. Period.

That is beyond bad planning by Sony.

There is no need to be angry guys, at least the killer app isn't delayed.

KnackBoxart.png

Say what you will, but for me, this is still the killer launch title I'm most looking forward to. It's something new, and I'm way way behind on Killzone games to bother with the new one unless it was a prequel.

Sendou

I fail to see how Knack even free through PS+ would compensate for the lack of DriveClub. If they are going to offer another game through PS+ at launch it better be something like Assassin's Creed IV or something. That or Killzone.

Better to release a good game later than a bad game earlier. Only good things can happen with a delay to the game. As long as Killzone, BF4, and COD come out that is all that matters for launch as those are gonna be the majority of sales anyway for software.

GodofWine

What fucking games WILL PS4 have if this is the case? It's literally going to be AC4/Knack/Killzone.

Period.

What the fuck. This once incredibly promising launch lineup is beginning to worry me.

Blacklight, War Frame, War Thunder, Resogun, and more.

Its launch...no DC sucks, but launches are always kinda lame...but overall Im still positive on this one, probably becuase my ps3 died and anything will be better than nothing

Gt6 beyond last of us should all have been ps4 games knack drive club should have been ps3 games. I think this lies at shuei's foot. I understand giving your devs freedom but the health and launch of a new platform should have been of paramount importance when green lighting any new projects over the last 2 years.

I disagree with all but GT 6. GT6 should have been announced as a ps4 game due year 1 sometime.

Knack and driveclub were fine as ps4 titles. They needed a kid friendly game, and driveclub will work well with the new share functions and as a showcase title. Gt 6 could have been saved to counter halo 2014 in the fall.

Raxious

No official word from Sony, so I won't believe it till then. Also considering it's an anonymous source who's not even working on the game.

Sessler redeemed?
Well it was never the wisest of moves to get a console on day one. But its one thing to be willing to take an abstract risk, its another thing when you start getting direct rumblings that its probably not a good idea.

I had really hoped any of this would have shaken down by October 1st at the latest.

mjc

That leaves Killzone as the one major Sony game to play then...pretty weak launch lineup. Solidifies my decision to wait until Spring 2014 to get a PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom