• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks if true. I own and love all the motorstorms. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

A couple months to polish will go by in the blink of an eye, but a 6 month overhaul could spell real trouble for the game and the developer.

Guymelef

@arconic and @Rushy33 are very quiet about this on Twitter, maybe they can't talk about this... when isn't true you can deny it...

Beckx

Seriously. There's less and less reason to get a day one console, and the idea itself is really starting to sound risky. Riskier than normal I mean, regardless of console choice.

At this point you really are just buying because you want the tech in your house. Having done that with three consoles in a row (360, PS3, Wii U), I'm done & just waiting it out. Amusingly enough, DriveClub, Resogun, and Watch Dogs were all I was really interested in, and, much love for the devs and all, but Resogun ain't a $400 game.

After the loss of Watch Dogs and now (maybe) this, I'm seriously tempted to cancel my pre-order.

inFamous in February seems a much better time to jump in. How easy would it be to get a console then?
It may not be easy. I remember trying to find a 360 around February of 2006 and I had a hard time, finally got one at Sam's Club. Joined just to buy it.

b9O6zeh.gif

Jesus! Someone cast him as Skeletor already in a new live action He-Man. That grin alone will sell the movie.

cilonen

Hmm, if this is true it;s a real shame. I was only picking this up because it was a launch title. It would have kept me entertained for a month or so before I pick up GT6. Now It's going to have to be very good indeed to get me to look at it when it does drop - I'll need to see some serious meat on those arcade racer bones.

Why would someone who is normally reliable, be banned for giving a "my sources say, so I'm confident" post?

That seems like a horrible reason for a banning. I understand if you get it 100% wrong 2 or 3 times in a row.

I guess we'll get 100% confirmation sometime soon.

Agreed. It's one thing if a new member or someone posts a rumor just to cause a stir. But he seemed to hedge his statements correctly, by saying, "I could be wrong."

As for the DriveClub news. Bummer. I was iffy about this game, but I was going to give it a try on PS+ and then maybe buy the entire thing. Not the end of the world for me, but Sony was on such a good run and this trip up just gives MS small foothold to rub in the "X1 has games" argument.

Sniper, this doesn't change the fact that you were concern trolling in your other driveclub thread. Highly exaggerating the game's problems, and then comparing it against its competitors nonexistent features is still exactly that.

Pain

Banned
So, AC4, Knack, and Killzone.

Not blowing $400 on that.
Meh. I'm buying it for the console itself and the awesome new controller.
The multiplats are enough for me and I'm only getting COD Day 1 anyway...if anything the delays are good as it means people are willing to try out some games they were planning on skipping.

Watch Dogs = AC4
DriveClub = NFS Rivals

Not a big deal to me really if true.

Killzone, COD:G, BF4, AC4, Fifa, Madden, Knack, bunch of Indie games are more than enough to hold everyone over till first and second quarter 2014 where we will get Infamous:SS, Watch Dogs, The Crew, DriveClub, and probably some smaller titles as well.

This'll be blown out of proportion in the short term but people will get over it quickly.

GodofWine

I wonder if we'll maybe get a demo of this instead, 2 cars, 2 tracks, all shined up, with big "full and ps+ versions coming out in March" on its launch screen

Odrion

Banned
I really doubt they're making Knack free. Driveclub PS+ Edition was free because it was fragmented.

I'm betting it'll be two more indie games for free.

I hope it's Flower HD and N++!

Toki767

If true, the replacement PS+ game has gotta be Knack. That game just screams "Free With PlayStation Plus!"

I was thinking maybe single player campaign or multi-player version of Killzone Shadow Fall would make the most sense. Obviously not the entire game, but one or the other.

At this point you really are just buying because you want the tech in your house. Having done that with three consoles in a row (360, PS3, Wii U), I'm done & just waiting it out. Amusingly enough, DriveClub, Resogun, and Watch Dogs were all I was really interested in, and, much love for the devs and all, but Resogun ain't a $400 game.
Getting it for Killzone: Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4 personally.

jaosobno

If a few months delay means we'll get 60 FPS lock, better overall graphics, more stable network code, etc. then I'll gladly wait for a few months.

I'll take delay over unfinished game code any day.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Seriously. There's less and less reason to get a day one console, and the idea itself is really starting to sound risky. Riskier than normal I mean, regardless of console choice.
Not sure I agree. Much of this just seems par for course with just about any other console launch I've seen.

Although, at least some of those console launches of the past had BC to buffer some of the typical teething problems around launch. *whistles*

harrytang

Say what you will, but for me, this (Knack) is still the killer launch title I'm most looking forward to. It's something new, and I'm way way behind on Killzone games to bother with the new one unless it was a prequel.

i think they said it was a 10 hour single player campaign. that to me is a appetizer of a game. not a full game. looks great but come on at 10 hours of content.....

Gt6 beyond last of us should all have been ps4 games knack drive club should have been ps3 games. I think this lies at shuei's foot. I understand giving your devs freedom but the health and launch of a new platform should have been of paramount importance when green lighting any new projects over the last 2 years.

It's just crazy that all their big studios have been tied up with PS3 games and are just finishing up. I know ND has two teams and one team is working on PS4 but the other team is still working on TLOU DLC. There's no excuse for this

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder if we'll maybe get a demo of this instead, 2 cars, 2 tracks, all shined up, with big "full and ps+ versions coming out in March" on its launch screen

Yeah, limited demo (2-4 tracks, 4-6 cars, 2-3 gameplay modes) is what I expect in worst case scenario (ie game delayed till 2014)

Rushy just replied on twitter...

Sorry that I don't know how to post his tweet from my phone, but he's saying that he's been out for a week and isn't confirming anything... I take that as a bad sign

Eusis

It just further cements the feeling that the systems aren't ready. Which is true. Modern systems never are. The 3DS shipped without an Eshop, the vita didn't have PSone support, the Wii U OS was a disaster. There will be similar growing pains for microsoft and Sony. We already know a lot of stuff has been pushed from launch (youtube uploads, usb storage, ID @ xbox, etc for x1, gaikai, certain headphones working, hdcp being turned off, etc for Ps4). There will also be games for both systems that once you play them you will wish they were delayed.
Ehhh fuck it, just what was reported officially is enough reason to consider waiting until Spring or whenever. Pushed to canning!
I also kinda wanted an iPad.

StoopKid

Hyperbole

JJD

I don't mind the delay at all. The only thing I'll be playing at launch is BF4, but I feel bad for people who were anticipating it and for the folks over Evolution.

Hopefully they can manage to get the game to 60FPS because of the delay. If they can't even get that, someone should teach then how to handle PR better because people are going to get pissed.

StuBurns

Banned
I really doubt they're making Knack free. Driveclub PS+ Edition was free because it was fragmented.

I'm betting it'll be two more indie games for free.

I hope it's Flower HD and N++!
Flower is a crap choice, because lots of people will already have it.

N++ isn't this year.

Sniper, this doesn't change the fact that you were concern trolling in your other driveclub thread. Highly exaggerating the game's problems, and then comparing it against its competitors nonexistent features is still exactly that.

I have been a Sony fan since 1998, I never troll their games (I usually don't troll any game that I haven't played). It was all constructive criticism. This is a huge blow to DC, PS4 and Evolution, but as a result of the delay they will deliver a great racing game that will hopefully run at 60 FPS.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It will probably be free Killzone SF singleplayer. I'd rather have that to add to my PS+ account, but it sucks for you guys buying at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom