• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHADES

Status update for all:

Driveclub is still listed under "Day 1 for PS4" trailers on the Playstation Store. Just wanted to check if stuff is getting taken down. Launch date is still the same on the PS4 website as well. Not that any of that isn't subject to change. Thought I'd put it out there for those of us who still have hope! :)

GAME UK still have this down for a launch day release also.

S¡mon;86414251 said:
So you would prefer either Killzone: Shadow Fall or Knack?

I would like to get Killzone: Shadow Fall, but I think there is too much money to be made there. And Knack for free on PS+? I think it wouldn't be as well received as DriveClub.

I agree that KZ probably has too much money behind it. (It's the only game I'm getting at launch.) And as for Knack, you may be right that it wouldn't draw as much interest. I think though that the Drive Club was also much maligned by driving fans who just want GT, and a lot of the interest really stemmed from it having the free PS+ edition. I could be wrong. I do think though that Knack has a more general appeal as a platformer, and might actually get more people to play. (It's a game I would like to play, but I'm not going to pay $60 for it. But I also don't like racing games.) But whether that equates to excitement, you're probably right.

My fear is that they do something like a KZ PS+ edition, and it's just KZ multiplayer. Which I would find little value in. (Unless they do an upgrade price or something.)

If it really is delayed, it's kind of a dick move on Sony's part for not announcing it so close to launch.

A bit early to judge since we have zero information on if/why it is being delayed, don't you think? There are any number of unforeseen reasons that could lead to a delay close to launch that aren't malicious.

Haha. The forgotten launch title is now front and center. Sony waiting for things to marinate a bit before announcing "Drive Club will release as scheduled"

Wow... that's a really good possibility.

The marketing department is probably drooling right now because of all the free publicity they are swimming in.

WoolyNinja

AMAZON UK BEST SELLERS TOP 100

14 - Ass : Black Flag (MP PS4)
17 - CoD Ghosts (MP PS4)
20 - FIFA 14 (MP PS4)
36 - BF4 (MP PS4)
44 - Watch Dogs (MP PS4)
50 - CoD Ghosts (MP XB One)
59 - KZ ShadowFall (EX PS4)
70 - Destiny (MP PS4)
71 - Dead Rising (EX XB One)
72 - BF4 (MP XB One)
84 - Forza 5 (EX XB One)
100 - Knack (EX PS4)

DNF - Driveclub (EX PS4)

Oh and
Best Sellers #3 - PS4
Most Wished For #1 - PS4
Most Gifted #3 - PS4
Hot New Release #1 - PS4

I think that speaks volumes.... Now wheres that Boom.gif

Ha, the fact Driveclub isn't even in the top 100 makes this thread even better!

_woLf

I seriously can't believe the amount of people here thinking that Knack would be a replacement for this.

We were never going to get a full version of DC for being a PS+ subscriber -- we were going to get a version that was probably going to be slightly above a demo. There is absolutely no way Sony would take such a financial hit that would be necessary in order to give a full copy of Knack to people as compensation for this.

The most likely scenario we will be seeing is either 1. a voucher for DC (either the PS+ edition or full) when it comes out, or 2. an extended PS+ subscription and/or a $10-20 credit on the store. Or, we still get the PS+ version of the game at launch with the full version coming in a few months.

Do people really think Sony is going to give you Killzone:SF or Knack on PS+ to replace Drive Club (PS+ Edition)... Drive Club (PS+ Edition) ≠ either of those games. DriveClub gets delayed and now people want a glorified demo of the game to be replaced by a AAA title?

Not gonna happen.

S¡mon

Banned
do people really think Sony is going to give you Killzone:SF or Knack on PS+ to replace Drive Club (PS+ Edition)... Drive Club (PS+ Edition) ≠ either of those games. A game (driveclub) gets delayed and now people want a glorified demo of the game to be replaced by a AAA title?

Not gonna happen.

Sony said, and I quote, that "DriveClub is a huge triple A title" (they were talking here about PS+). If they can't deliver that on PS+, they should replace it with another triple A title.

Sendou

Would matter a whole lot more if the consoles were actually "nearly identical." They aren't, not in tech, nor in price.

Tech is nearly identical to your average consumer. At least I'd say they have hard time telling which console is actually better when seeing the games. $100 matters but like I said some other things might outweight it.

djjinx2

I seriously can't believe the amount of people here thinking that Knack would be a replacement for this.

We were never going to get a full version of DC for being a PS+ subscriber -- we were going to get a version that was probably going to be slightly above a demo. There is absolutely no way Sony would take such a financial hit that would be necessary in order to give a full copy of Knack to people as compensation for this.

The most likely scenario we will be seeing is either 1. a voucher for DC (either the PS+ edition or full) when it comes out, or 2. an extended PS+ subscription and/or a $10-20 credit on the store. Or, we still get the PS+ version of the game at launch with the full version coming in a few months.

Doesnt Japan get Knack free though?

S¡mon;86416636 said:
Sony said, and I quote, that "DriveClub is a huge triple A title" (they were talking here about PS+). If they can't deliver that on PS+, they should replace it with another triple A title.
But they would still be offering it, just later.

Put me in the camp that doesn't think they'll replace it. Maybe something like a discount or other token gesture, but nothing nearly as big as making a game like Knack fully available on PS+.

freakazoid377

Unconfirmed Member
Could Sony Possibly split the game like they did with GT Prolog and GT 5 and just release a Plus version now and then the full retail game in 6 months?

S¡mon;86416636 said:

DriveClub was not going to be made free on PS+... "DriveClub PS+ Edition" was... and it's just a demo of the game. So no, they shouldn't replace a demo with a full title... What they should do, is give everyone a week of free online KZ:SF or something.

Can't imagine they would replace it. The only thing I could think of would be offering some type of Killzone MP only mode, and a limited one at that.

Patryn

DriveClub was not going to be made free on PS+... "DriveClub PS+ Edition" was... and it's just a demo of the game. So no, they shouldn't replace a demo with a full title... What they should do, is give everyone a week of free online KZ:SF or something.

Sony has stated that you could get the Platinum for the game playing only the PS+ version. So, while certainly not the full game, it's more than just a demo.

BibiMaghoo

Could Sony Possibly split the game like they did with GT Prolog and GT 5 and just release a Plus version now and then the full retail game in 6 months?

Depends entirely on what they need the extra time to do with the game. If it's general performance, then most likely not.

If it is a handful of tracks that need extra work, then sure.

It will be the former.

Patryn

So.. you think they should make the full version of KZ:SF or Knack available to compensate?

I didn't say that, I was simply stating that it was a bit more than you were portraying it as.

I could see them offering a reduced version of either of the two. Say, for instance, just the single-player component of KZ.

Tsundere

Banned

Sigh... Such misinformed posts....

- When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition which doesn't require a PS+ subscription.
- You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.
- Rear-view mirrors as you've seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment - you'd be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.
- We are working on a photo mode, but that's all I can say about it right now.
- You guys wanted uncompressed footage and obviously the PS4 capture utilises some form of video compression to ensure the videos aren't ridiculously large (the raw direct feed videos we captured are 6GB for 2 minutes of footage).
- We're working on alternative solutions for trying to get the highest quality vids up online quickly by ourselves.

viveks86

Vivek, your belief will save DriveClub for the rest of us!

Believe!

How good would it be if DC wasn't delayed? ;P

SoGood.gif

Seriously man, I'm sick of all the negativity and cynicism. I want to cross that bridge if and when we get there. People can call me naive if they like, but I'm not losing anything by holding on to the last vestiges of hope. If anything, I get to feel good about the state of the game a little longer than those putting the cart before the horse. :)

Skeff

Depends entirely on what they need the extra time to do with the game. If it's general performance, then most likely not.

If it is a handful of tracks that need extra work, then sure.

It will be the former.

Even if it is just performance they could release a Time trial Demo that only features one car for better performance and only use less visually demanding tracks. would be lame but still do able.

If by "Demo" you mean "Enough of the game that you could platinum it" than yes, it was a demo.

I didn't say that, I was simply stating that it was a bit more than you were portraying it as.

I could see them offering a reduced version of either of the two. Say, for instance, just the single-player component of KZ.

Sony has done a good job managing PR in 2013... so who know what they will decide. I just don't think people should get their hopes up about "compensation" due to the DriveClub delay. I understand the argument that DriveClub PS+ Edition made PS+ more attractive on Launch Day... It did, but it could very well end up that Sony does nothing to fill the void.

BibiMaghoo

Even if it is just performance they could release a Time trial Demo that only features one car for better performance and only use less visually demanding tracks. would be lame but still do able.

I think they would get more stick for that, than delaying it all together.

I don't see it as an option for them. They want to stay on the good will bus.

Skeff

I mean something new, exclusive to the system.

Well, Injustice isn't on XB1....

Besides not all genres are represented at launch believe it or not. e.g. Xbox one does not have an exclusive patformer or FPS.

games are games are games.

This. Though they haven't yet confirmed if Injustice is out at launch for the PS4.

29th november, so EU launch xD I suppose that may have been an EU press release though...

StaSeb

Thread seems to be safe right now, so I'll quickly post my two cents. Or maybe some more spare change.

• I am very surprised. Did not see it coming that close to console-release and after a very open communicaton from the devs - see Rushys awesome posts and the videos in insane quality they made avaliable for us. (Awesome move by the way!)
  • I should have seen it coming. At least a bit! A 35%-complete Pre-Alpha with some serious graphical issues at E3 - only a handful of months ahead of release. That should have made me at least a little suspicious. Also there is some truth to the often mentioned lack of other cars in gameplay-footage and demos.
  • I am a bit sad about it. Because I was planning to play mostly Driveclub and BF4 after launch. And I wanted to lure my brother into PS+ with the promise of DC+-Edition. Last game we played "online" was Soldier of Fortune 2 in LAN. Damn. Would love to wake up his inner competitive gamer again. Welp... maybe next year!
  • I want the best driveclub possible. I do not want to play a game that has obvious flaws and could have a lot better, given more time. Driveclub will my one of maybe two next-gen-racinggames I will play in the next year. It better be good!
  • So far only some website and some dudes from the internet are the base of all this. This is still a schroedingers cat kind of thing. But GAF does a nice job of pretty much making me sure about the day. Good job, folks! I love the lunacy of console-launches.
  • I do not know what that makes me feel or think. Or what people should do now. But I am most entertained by the thread so far. The way it developed, the way famousmortimer chimed in, Rushys tweet. It is a bit like solving a murder mystery. We have the clues for the crime, but no one is talking. Reminds me of the "did I see a vafina in Geist"-thread.
Love you, GAF!

GodofWine

Stop dreaming about KZSF being free in any way, the game is moving up sales charts as we approach launch, its moving units.

Knack is a long shot.

Im thinking 10bucks in my psn wallet as a welcome gift. It will cost them 10-20 million to do this (quick math), seems swallowable.

Sendou

Wouldn't offering even part of Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS+ cause yet another pre-order ruckus when people would want to change their order on Killzone PS4 bundle? Not to mention that Sony would have to think yet again how much Killzone: Shadow Fall and those bundles to manufacture. If it was Knack the few people that were actually going to buy it were probably going to do the same but it wouldn't matter as much.

If by "Demo" you mean "Enough of the game that you could platinum it" than yes, it was a demo.
Ok, well I will stop talking. Apologies for my lack of Trophy knowledge... and thanks for psudo confirming this rumor. I'm twiddling my thumbs like everyone else waiting to see how this all pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom