• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you think only you do/experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case the title weren't self-sufficient: what are some things you do or experience that, as far as you know, are unique to you?

I'll start:
  • Sit on top of my left ankle
  • Tap my teeth to music
  • Experience an intense tickling feeling after a limb falls asleep
  • Scream instead of sneeze
  • Attempt to find a YouTube video the same length as a timer I set for the oven or microwave
  • Shit with laptop on my lap and stay on the toilet for hours
  • Gallop down stairs
  • Fold toilet paper as perfectly as possible

Hato-kun

I used to have a reoccurring dream of running through the New Zealand bush, only to come across a giant Union Jack flag. My family was standing in front of it and they proceeded to sing 'We Are Family'.

Kinda glad I don't have it anymore. It was weird. Never meet anyone who's had a reoccurring dream before, nor one as weird as that.

Gallop down stairs?

Like a horse?

zA1Kzsh.gif

jonezer4

When I'm looking for an item I gesticulate an action associated with what I'm looking for. For example, when I'm looking for my shoes, I will make the "shoe tying" motion with my hands over and over while searching.

Aguirre

in the winter (like now :p) i wear leggings under my pants to hide vpl. and theres an additional plus: nice and toasty and no dreaded wind chill which we get a lot of here. brrrr!! >.<

Sometimes when I'm bored and waiting around I'll subtly start standing on one leg, so the other is just half a cm off the ground. I'll try and hold that for as long as possible.

Symphonic

Sniff to plug my ears to make them feel like I'm at high altitude. Just sort of became a habit and now it feels really weird when they're not air plugged.

Randomly stare at strangers with crossed eyes.

edit: Penis numbing is normal, it's just like any other limb. Just means you're sitting a weird way that is cutting off proper circulation to the groin region.

I shake milk...every time I grab the carton, I give it a shake or two before opening it. Helpful with orange juice, pointless with milk.

I did not know this did nothing.

AMUSIX

Two kitchen related things...

I shake milk...every time I grab the carton, I give it a shake or two before opening it. Helpful with orange juice, pointless with milk.

I set the microwave in times using adjacent keys...instead of putting something in for 1:30, it'll either go in for 1:23 or 1:47. 3:30 becomes 3:21....instead of doing 3:00, I'll hit 2:58.

Manu

When I was a kid, during long trips I used to picture Sonic running beside the car/bus/train, jumping over obstacles and trying to catch up with me. I still do it sometimes.

Firehead

In case the title weren't self-sufficient: what are some things you do or experience that, as far as you know, are unique to you?

I'll start:
  • Tap my teeth to music

Fuck! I do this all the time. I should probably try to stop, I wouldn't imagine it's any good for my teeth at all.

Clydefrog

I create words/phrases for random sounds and say them when the sound happens. examples: when I start the car, turn on the TV, hear the elevator bell ring

When I was a kid, during long trips I used to picture Sonic running beside the car/bus/train, jumping over obstacles and trying to catch up with me. I still do it sometimes.

It seems like everyone does this. These types of quirks always appear in these types of threads. I used to picture a stick ninja, or I'd picture a huge war against Gunbound mobiles (this was about 6-7 years ago).

Fuck! I do this all the time. I should probably try to stop, I wouldn't imagine it's any good for my teeth at all.

Same. I do it to the drums of a song and, since I listen to a lot of drum 'n' bass, I should probably stop.

i get under the covers at night with my ipod and listen to the radio while pretending i am alone in a personal spacepod in outer space blinking lights and all

I don't take my socks off until I'm under the covers in bed so the first thing my bare feet touch are my soft, cool bed sheets.

there are and have been way too many people (even excluding other [anim/mamm]als) for me to say i've done anything completely uniquely.

Snake

I'll start:
  • Tap my teeth to music
  • Experience an intense tickling feeling after a limb falls asleep

I do these. You are not alone OP.

Quick

Banned
Anybody else laugh when they're answering truthfully to a question, giving the misconception that you're lying? That's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom