• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you think only you do/experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case the title weren't self-sufficient: what are some things you do or experience that, as far as you know, are unique to you?

I'll start:
  • Sit on top of my left ankle
  • Tap my teeth to music
  • Experience an intense tickling feeling after a limb falls asleep
  • Scream instead of sneeze
  • Attempt to find a YouTube video the same length as a timer I set for the oven or microwave
  • Shit with laptop on my lap and stay on the toilet for hours
  • Gallop down stairs
  • Fold toilet paper as perfectly as possible

You're going to get hemorrhoids son.

You're going to get hemorrhoids son.

I hope you're just joking. I probably spend about 9 hours on the toilet per week.

I'm doing that right now (right ankle though), but I also try to either sit in some way to keep my feet warm and often sit on my hands to do the same thing.

Really? Sometimes I look for people sitting like this in public and I've never seen it. Led me to believe I'm a freak.

I set the microwave in times using adjacent keys...instead of putting something in for 1:30, it'll either go in for 1:23 or 1:47. 3:30 becomes 3:21....instead of doing 3:00, I'll hit 2:58.

I kind of do this but there's no rhyme or reason. I just refuse to use a rounded number like 2:00 or :30. It's always gotta be some random shit like 2:03 or :27

In case the title weren't self-sufficient: what are some things you do or experience that, as far as you know, are unique to you?

I'll start:
  • Tap my teeth to music
  • Attempt to find a YouTube video the same length as a timer I set for the oven or microwave
  • Gallop down stairs

I sit on my right ankle.

I also contort myself into weird positions the longer I have to sit. I don't sit like most people, if there were a wall near my computer desk (like there used to be) my feet would often be on it.

Also, I see music, yay.

GavinGT

Banned
I sit on my right ankle.

I also contort myself into weird positions the longer I have to sit. I don't sit like most people, if there were a wall near my computer desk (like there used to be) my feet would often be on it.

Yep. When I have to sit and do homework for long periods, I'll typically sit on my knees or in some other unusual position. It's even gotten to the point where the cartilage in my knees seems to be wearing out. But I just don't find the typical sitting position to be conducive to concentration.

Big start to your thread making career I see.

Your first one isn't unique at all.

Every time I see your posts, it says you're banned, but the posts are like brand new. I will never understand what's going on there, lol.

I seriously doubt I'm the ONLY person that does this, but I'm one of few: I always write in capital letters because, for a guy, I have pretty nice handwriting. The uniformity of caps makes it even more aesthetic. I do make the letters that SHOULD be capitalized slightly taller than the others.

Shiv47

I hope you're just joking. I probably spend about 9 hours on the toilet per week.

LOL, yeah, he's not joking.

I used to wad up paper in the bathroom and think to myself "if I make this shot, then X will happen" as I threw the paper at the trash can. Then I read about a character doing that in a novel, and I couldn't believe it.

lingiii

Banned
I was in the marching band in high school. was Drum Major as a senior. anyway, when you're marching you always have to step off with your left foot. so now, years later, whenever I start walking from a standstill, I lead with my left foot. every single time, without fail. my friends in college noticed and had a pool going but nobody ever caught me.

I used to wad up paper in the bathroom and think to myself "if I make this shot, then X will happen" as I threw the paper at the trash can. Then I read about a character doing that in a novel, and I couldn't believe it.

Oh. Oh god, no. I'm never sitting on a toilet again. I'm fucking squatting now.

GavinGT

Banned

They're called mind bets.

Sometimes my left arm gets crazy amounts of static and my right arm gets really hot. I always feel like one of those double casting superheroes.

When I sleep sick, I feel a tornado coming out of my bellybutton, more than once had made me scream out loud.

FStop7

Banned
I'm paranoid if I think something bad will happen it comes true. Not just big stuff, but also small stuff such as unusually bad traffic on the one particular day when I need to be somewhere early.

None of those are unique except for the teeth and scream-sneeze.

That's what this thread is for. Being able to relate to others even when you feel like a freak. I understand none of the things I'd listed are truly unique to me; they're just quirky things I do and I wonder if others can relate.

Jeez. nofunallowed.jpg

I seriously don't get taking electronics with you to take a shit, how long does it take to drop a turd?

For me? It sometimes takes a while. I have pretty shitty bowels, so I'm never finished when I think I am. Also, I typically do it while watching speedruns so I don't miss anything.

akira28

Milk is a colloid, so won't settle out. Juices are suspensions, so will settle out, which is why you give them a shake.

Don't you want a fresh dispersion of lipids? I know I do. Fresh.

Especially when there's strawberry flavor involved.

I change the shape of my mouth to alter the tone of the sound being made when I brush my teeth. I can do the Star Wars theme.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i go to garage or estate sales and pick up old home movies on VHS. At home i proceed to random part of the movie. The point i pick depends on lots of things. Sometimes its based around an object in my room (for example, a bottle of mustard would be 16m40s. 16 min from the color of the bottle.. 80 seconds for a cone but since its not perfect i divide by two. How much i divide is depended upon how pure the shape is). When i get to that part of the home movie i then choose which part im going to be playing, dress as closely as possible to that person (no system to who i pick.. just whatever im feeling like at the time), and then act out their part for the duration.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I makes bets against myself all the time. Like I'll think "If I can't hold my breath until the next subway stop I have to get off a stop early and walk home" or "If I can't make it upstairs in less than 10 seconds I have to avoid ketchup for a week".

.GqueB.

Banned
Let me take the time to ask this. Can people hear when a tv is on in another room? I can always hear that a tv is on before I enter a room and whenever I mention this to someone else they look at me like I'm crazy. I tend to hear this really low tinselly sound. That's the only way to really describe it.

akira28

Let me take the time to ask this. Can people hear when a tv is on in another room? I can always hear that a tv is on before I enter a room and whenever I mention this to someone else they look at me like I'm crazy. I tend to hear this really low tinselly sound. That's the only way to really describe it.

You hear the electron gun firing. I can hear CRTs too. From upstairs, even if you have the speaker all the way down.

hym

Banned
i go to garage or estate sales and pick up old home movies on VHS. At home i proceed to random part of the movie. The point i pick depends on lots of things. Sometimes its based around an object in my room (for example, a bottle of mustard would be 16m40s. 16 min from the color of the bottle.. 80 seconds for a cone but since its not perfect i divide by two. How much i divide is depended upon how pure the shape is). When i get to that part of the home movie i then choose which part im going to be playing, dress as closely as possible to that person (no system to who i pick.. just whatever im feeling like at the time), and then act out their part for the duration.

I want to invest in this movie. It just needs one more thing, time travel.

akira28

Is that normal? It's distracting as hell and it's bothered me ever since I was a little kid.

It means you're like me. And that we have a mission. Do you sometimes get...headaches?

(it's just high frequency operation, upper range, lots of kids can hear it, kind of like that mosquito ring tone.)

whitehawk

Banned
I do that thing where you imagine someone running alongside the car you are in. Often I imagine someone skateboarding instead doing crazy those tricks.

I'll start:
  • Tap my teeth to music
  • Gallop down stairs
I tap my teeth to music, experience pins and needles. My dad screams when he sneezes.
I can relate. When I head to my basement, I'll always know whether the TV is on or not. Even with the volume down and the door closed.

most mornings I heard a sound that can be described as moving furniture. Like an RRRROMP, far away. This has happened no matter where I lived.

Is that normal? It's distracting as hell and it's bothered me ever since I was a little kid.

That seems like very good and/or sensitive hearing to sense it from another room, but I can definitely tell a CRT is on (with no picture or sound) in the same room, at least.

Ultima_5

If you're serious, you sound sorta crazy.

whitehawk

Banned
I have one.

If I'm in the passenger seat of a car, I tap my foot to the road lines as the pass below my car as if they were arrows in DDR. Makes sense since I used to play a lot of DDR. I do this almost all the time. I also will sometimes add parked cars on the side of the road to the mix as we pass them.

not that odd, dude

David-Lynch-thumbsup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom