• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu of Monster Hunter 3, WKS PS3 and DI-SSI-DIA *pom pom*

Tenbatsu

Defuser said:
Or tenbatsu's explanation would be fine too although it's not that simple when slaying.
Forgot to tell ya that MH3 cannot support xlink as its a game with a dedicated server. xlink is like a virtual server for LAN only.....:(

Don

Is there any info about the control scheme for MH3?
I'm looking forward to it and the scans looks great but I really hope that it doesn't use waggle for attacks.

Defuser

badcrumble said:
Sounds kind of like Progress Quest.
All RPG is progress quest :lol. Tenbatsu explanation is kinda vague but strong aspects of MH is the difficulty,handling of each weapon class and 4 player multi.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Eccocid said:
Damn MH3 should had been on ps3 which has better PSN or 360/LIVE :(

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHNAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA.

Edit: HA ha ha ha. Ah-hem. Man, I am getting those posts. Meh.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
bdouble said:
Yeah don't think people will say that after FFCC:CB is shown or w/e else they have. Seriously if Capcom can go from RE:UC and a few ports to MH3. Pretty good odds that SE has realized their error in forgetting the Wii and will show something soon. Also porting Crystal Tools to the Wii probably wasn't just so they could say they did it.

But that thing wont be DQ IX. DS crushes the Wii in term of userbase and number of RPG fans, especially DQ fans, on the system

Tenbatsu said:
Prepare items/armor -> choose a quest -> go mission -> mission accomplish -> upgrade armors/weapons -> repeat

hmmm sounds pretty boring to me... the game looks V. nice for a wii game in screens though

Tenbatsu said:
Its more fun than you think!!! My favourite game series of all time!!:D

yeah, an rpg type game without a decent progressive story has no appeal to me though...also, I don't play any games online

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
nelsonroyale said:
yeah, an rpg type game without a decent progressive story has no appeal to me though...also, I don't play any games online

MH is no RPG.

Cult Hero

Jaruru said:
they switched the project to Wii due to the high dev costs. I'm glad the game looks nice now on the Wii. they have better chance to gain $$$ this way I guess.
I think they do it 'cause that way it'll be easier to port it to the psp later.

yurinka

Cult Hero said:
Yes, and easier/cheaper to port the engine from the PS2. In PS3 they would improve it a lot more.

cw_sasuke said:
MH is no RPG.
Well, this isn't a turn-based JRPG. But I think it can be included in other kinds of RPG, like in ARPG or in the western ones.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Damn, that one shot of the seaport town reminds me soooo much of the opening village in Chrono Cross.

It's really kind of beautiful. That's what i want a Chrono Cross remake to look like :lol

Paracelsus said:
You can tell who's seriously concerned about it (Duckroll) and who's merely trolling it. It's easy.

I don't think it's trolling to suggest that WKC is more likely to be like all previous Level 5 RPGs (some unique and nifty ideas, wrapped up in a messy, unpolished, and poorly thought-out structure that will render the game unenjoyable to many people) than to suddenly be a tight, polished product.

Threi

notag
John Harker said:
Damn, that one shot of the seaport town reminds me soooo much of the opening village in Chrono Cross.

It's really kind of beautiful. That's what i want a Chrono Cross remake to look like :lol
;_;

No remake, Sequel.

tim1138

I know nothing about the MH series but after seeing the pics for MH3 I'm intrigued. Does this play similar to PSO? Someone enlighten me please.

neo2046

http://it.nikkei.co.jp/digital/news/release.aspx?i=200048
Razing Storm
- Arcade
- Namco
- Gun Shooting
- Spring 2009
- System357 (PS3 based)

0200048_01.gif

NomarTyme

tim1138 said:
I know nothing about the MH series but after seeing the pics for MH3 I'm intrigued. Does this play similar to PSO? Someone enlighten me please.
Go to youtube and search for Monster hunter, you'll find a lot videos.

CTLance

Threi said:
WTF THAT SHOULD BE ON THE WII BOARD WII HAS A BETTER CONTROLLER FOR SHOOTING

NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU~
BUT YOU CAN SEE WIDESCREEN AND REALTIME PILLAR DESTRUCTIONS! WII ISN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH TO HAVE BOTH!!!!!!1111

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cirekiller said:
Are people here saying that a Wii MH would be superior to a PS3 MH?
Are you saying with the same budget/time/team that the PS3 version would be better?

Jokeropia

Capcom FTW.
Cult Hero said:
yurinka said:
Yes, and easier/cheaper to port the engine from the PS2. In PS3 they would improve it a lot more.
Or, you know, it's because PS3 is a huge sales failure in the one market Monster Hunter is big.

yankee666

Damn!!! i just saw the MH3 scans and it looks beautiful!!!! especially the underwater enviroments. You see people(devs) good looking things can be done on the Wii

Paracelsus

Or, you know, it's because PS3 is a huge sales failure in the one market Monster Hunter is big.

I didn't know PS3 went portable.

Jesus Christ, how the heck are people carrying it around? o.0

Jokeropia

Paracelsus said:

What? Monster Hunter, the franchise, is only big in Japan. That it is biggest in it's portable form has nothing to do with this.

Paracelsus said:

MH 2 on PS2 almost sold as much as MGS 4 did on PS3. Just depends on what you consider to be a big game I guess.

Gwanatu T

MH3 is incredible looking for sure, and I love the new ideas being put forth for this. Underwater combat? Completely new environments and new settings? I hope the controls are awesome, but then again this is Capcom we're talking about, I can't imagine it'll be bad.

Tenbatsu said:
PS2 KDDI used to be US10~ a month in order to play MH/MH2 and a few other games. So I reckon this will be the same.

I assume this is Japan and/or Europe only, because I didn't pay a dime to play MH online. Of course the mere mention of MH2 should tell me it's Japan...

Tenbatsu

Gwanatu T said:
I assume this is Japan and/or Europe only, because I didn't pay a dime to play MH online. Of course the mere mention of MH2 should tell me it's Japan...
For Japan only. Back then I used to pay to enjoy MH series, Outbreak series, Z Gundam etc. So no matter where this game goes, most likely you will have to pay to play for the japan version at least.

Jonnyram

Jaruru said:
there's no PS3 MH
Actually, you're skirting the question, while making some inane assumption. MH3 was moved from PS3 to Wii, but that doesn't mean there is no MH coming to PS3. There could quite feasibly be a port of the PC game to 360/PS3.

duckroll said:
My god, it's not a port, and it's not Treasure. This is worse than expected! :lol
This is an honest question out of pure curiosity so please don't mistake this as anything else. Do you ever make any posts that aren't trolls? Most of the posts in here from you thus far has had some sort of snide or hateful remark within its contents.

If they play thier cards right, they could do a series relaunch on the Wii and make the thing big in the west seeing that MH 3 is probably the biggest third party game so far on the console from a Japanese publisher.

Especially if Nintendo helps since Nintendo can position this as the core game for the Wii.

AzureNightmareXE said:
This is an honest question out of pure curiosity so please don't mistake this as anything else. Do you ever make any posts that aren't trolls? Most of the posts in here from you thus far has had some sort of snide or hateful remark within its contents.

Lighten up
Learn to laugh
Possibly get laid

Jonnyram said:
Actually, you're skirting the question, while making some inane assumption. MH3 was moved from PS3 to Wii, but that doesn't mean there is no MH coming to PS3. There could quite feasibly be a port of the PC game to 360/PS3.

I can safely say that the port of the PC version to PS3 that doesn't exist will definitely be better than the Wii Monster Hunter I haven't played.

Top Bottom