• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of almost nothing

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
neo2046 said:
Metal Max 3 (w/ short video clip)
http://metalmax.info/

The music in that video is BADASS. I hope the actual game's music is something like that, very oldskool chiptune sound. Plus I like the overhead perspective and the sprites, game looks good.

Also the font to the game reminds me of Metal Slug's.

Nich, or any other Atlus peeps, if you're listening... PLEASE bring this over, you will have guaranteed one sale :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought I'd put this here.

AndriSang said:
Jump Teases Big Game Announcement
This is where megatons come from.
Posted Mar 07, 2010 at 07:02, By John Tanaka

Information from the upcoming issue of Weekly Jump has, as usual, leaked out in advance. A Tales series fan site reports that the magazine's preview of its next issue promises announcement of a new entry in a game series. "You definitely won't want to miss this!!" writes the magazine.

The magazine's wording suggests that this will be an unexpected announcement for a familiar game.

This news is being passed along by a Tales fan page because Jump is often the unveiling point for new Tales games. Of course, a new Tales announcement wouldn't be unexpected, unless it were a direct numbered sequel to a past Tales game.

Jump also tends to get the first word on Square Enix titles, and of course Jump franchise game conversions.

Information from the next next issue should leak out around this time next week.
Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/03/07/jump_teases_game_announcement/

Maybe this is the Tales of Cosplay game announcement?

TreIII

neo2046 said:
that Tales of fan site just leaks the contents of the latest Weekly Jump magazine
so the new title not necessary to be Tales related

That's what I'm hoping of, personally. It really wouldn't be much in the way of "unexpected", if it was just another Tales game.

Of course, on the other hand, what else could it be, if it was a Square Enix title, instead?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
TreIII said:
That's what I'm hoping of, personally. It really wouldn't be much in the way of "unexpected", if it was just another Tales game.

Of course, on the other hand, what else could it be, if it was a Square Enix title, instead?
New Ogre....

TreIII

neo2046 said:
New Ogre game?
want some hype ?

http://twitpic.com/16s216
Yasumi Matsuno met with Tanaka Hiromichi and a female Square-Enix PR :lol

Needs to be friggin' brought back up to the front page!

I would love a new Ogre Battle to be made. Especially if it was based on "Episode 1", which actually detailed the supposed Ogre Battle itself...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Snakeyes said:
I'm in the process of unzipping my pants right now.

35d7zom.jpg

All too easy...

Bebpo

Banned
neo2046 said:
New Ogre game?
want some hype ?

http://twitpic.com/16s216
Yasumi Matsuno met with Tanaka Hiromichi and a female Square-Enix PR :lol

It's sad but I'm 100% sure SE will never hire Matsuno again for anything. His management and mental breakdown caused FFXII to be delayed forever, reworked, and released in unfinished form.

He basically lost them hundreds of millions of dollars and almost destroyed their 2nd most important franchise they own.

Going by everything post-FFXII it almost seems as though he's been blacklisted from the industry because of this.

It's sad because he's an amazingly talented game designer and it was not really his fault that he got sick and only partly his fault that he couldn't control the in-fighting amongst the FFXII team. But he's screwed at this point in terms of game designing.

I think his best bet would be to come to the US and head up a game for Bioware or something.

V_Arnold

Wow, Bebpo, you ALMOST make it sound like FFXII did not sell over 5 million copies worldwide in the end of the PS2-generation.

Bebpo

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Wow, Bebpo, you ALMOST make it sound like FFXII did not sell over 5 million copies worldwide in the end of the PS2-generation.

It didn't sell well enough to cover the fact that they could have released two FF games in the same timeframe had FFXII not been a disaster, and made twice the profit. Remember FFXIII was intended as a PS2 game originally.

Top Bottom