• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Nintendo conference summary - Score: 10/10

JaseMath

underfooter said:
I'll be the first to say I'll be really pissed if Brawl is delayed in NA.

I just know if they do that they will push Mario Kart until Q3 or Q4.

Mario is nice, but I bought a wii for Brawl. It was supposed to launch, how long does it really take?
Don't think the odds are in your favor.

Neo C.

chris0701 said:
Wii Fit : weight limit = 136 KG
:lol :lol :lol :lol

40+ training games included!!

20071011130404561166562.jpg
Imo Wii Fit is too expensive. 8'800 Yen, right?

Jaagen

It has probably been asked to death already, but I'm to lazy too look it up, so I'll just ask here. The US conference is on thursday, right?

SuomiDude

chris0701 said:
You do know that that makes about 300 lb?

So most people buying Wii Fit should do just fine. I'm only about 68 kg = 150 lb, and I'm 6 feet tall, yet I'd still need a bit exercise, and maybe Wii Fit would work for me.

Mar

SuomiDude said:
You do know that that makes about 300 lb?

So most people buying Wii Fit should do just fine. I'm only about 68 kg = 150 lb, and I'm 6 feet tall, yet I'd still need a bit exercise, and maybe Wii Fit would work for me.

6ft and 68kg? Jeez dude, you must be a bean pole.

nightez

Banned
cortland_andrus said:
20222_n20071011_02_wiiss_27.jpg

That right there looks better to me, by far, than this:

gears-of-war-20070409045844667.jpg

One is art in motion, and one is a heavy dose of still relatively blurry textures combined with a mean case of uncanny valley, topped off with a thin coat of plastic. And it's ugly. They're going for realism, and they still fail, and it comes off as goofy.

People have a natural bias against 2D games. But yeah it does look more beautiful its art in motion.

Excellent OP, thanks a lot Neo.

schuelma said:
I think I basically agree. MH3 is huge of course, but where were the new Nintendo 08 offerings besides Mario baseball? 3rd parties are actually looking better in 08 than Nintendo.
This conference was supposed to highlight the fall line-up. It's amazing that we even got new game announcements out of it. Also the MH betrayalton already provided for excellent comedy value. The conference gets a 10/10 on that alone.

quadriplegicjon said:
so.. do you think people will stop claiming that nintendo is killing gaming?
They're still doing it. Why should they stop?

Ledsen

thorns said:
great OP!

20222_n20071011_02_wiiss_26.jpg

what game is this?

and what exactly is opoona? I watched the trailer, but am confused. :lol

That's the new game from Vanillaware, the makers of Princess Crown, Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire.

Linkup

I'm pretty sure Everybody's Nintendo Channel is set for november in Japan so we should get it soon after.

OP needs to update the first post.

ziran

Great thread, thanks!

Excellent conference, really enjoyed it, meltdowns and all! :lol

For me the highlight was Wii Music, knowing it's on track and evolved from what we saw last. It looks amazing, and I think it's going to be great fun multiplayer, can't wait.

Wii Fit looks great. Miyamoto's demonstration was interesting, and I think it's going to be a really comprehensive package. One of my most anticipated games.

Mario Kart looks excellent, and at least 12 players is awesome, as are the bikes. Love the DS game, arguably my favourite version, so this I'm confident this is going to be amazing.

Galaxy looks WOW! Just incredible, cannot wait, my most anticipated game.

Other great stuff was SSBB news, FEDS, AWDS, Card Hero could be great. WiiWare delivered. Dr Mario looks loads of fun and it's interesting to see the FFCC game. I think it's going to end up an amazing service. King Story looks as good as ever, the best Wii 3rd party game I've seen. DS Downloads was welcome.

The only disappointment was Disaster, still looking off to me. The weather effects are supposed to be the big draw, so I'll reserve judgement, but so far Monolith Soft has yet to impress.

Vagabundo

ziran said:
The only disappointment was Disaster, still looking off to me. The weather effects are supposed to be the big draw, so I'll reserve judgement, but so far Monolith Soft has yet to impress.

Yeah i have higher hopes for this game, there is still time for a lot of polish.

To the OP: awesome. You truely live up to your name: You are the One....

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
The_Ayertosco said:
State of horror textures. Escape from bug island style unfortunately.

Wouldn't that be the case if it was doing sandbox-sized gameplay environments? (I believe the game works that way, from what I've seen of it's pics and early video)

Here's the video, btw.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/35157.html

Personally, I'm very curious as how the game works, it looks very interesting to me. :)

This is getting silly. I keep looking at screenshots, thinking they look fine, then having the flaws pointed out by people on GAF and can't see past them. It's like when I thought a girl was kinda hot in school and then somebody pointed out she had a chin like Jimmy Hill. You people and your textures!

Tenbatsu

The way the main character runs in Days of Disaster looks funny. The above screen shot seems like its taken from a video, quality are bad.

Very nice presentation - I loved the tidbits we got of Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. Oh, and yes, Wii Fit is looking to be a huge hit - I will buy it, at least. :)

Innotech

Banned
I really think Disaster: Day of Crisis will end up at least on the visual level of No More Heroes. Especially with Nintendo working alongside them ala Retro.

Lobster

Banned
Innotech said:
I really think Disaster: Day of Crisis will end up at least on the visual level of No More Heroes. Especially with Nintendo working alongside them ala Retro.

Nah..NMH has such a different art style and a smaller world map..It already looks way better.

I will excuse Disaster for looking above the GTA 3 titles since there seems to be a lot of crazy stuff going on while playing.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
More AW2DS screens:)D):
http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albut01

More Eternal Chronicle screens (now the crappiness is starting to show - I guess I'll wait to see how it's played):
http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albus98

New Camelot Interview (this was a good read :D):
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm

WiiWare titles with developers listed for the WiiWare games:
http://www.inside-games.jp/news/241/24196.html

First party games not by Nintendo:
Pokemon Farm Channel (Ambrella)
Marble game (Mindware)
Puzzleloop (Mitchell)

vanguardian1 said:
Wouldn't that be the case if it was doing sandbox-sized gameplay environments? (I believe the game works that way, from what I've seen of it's pics and early video)

Here's the video, btw.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/35157.html

Personally, I'm very curious as how the game works, it looks very interesting to me. :)

I'm interested too, but i don't think that the "sandbox excuse" works. it's kinda flat and poor now. It needs a lot of work. I hope it's not a early 2008 release and that Nintendo is going to put some resources (people, money) on it.

Akai

jj984jj said:

Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)

That's not funny at ALL! >=O

chris0701 said:

40+ training games included!!

20071011130404561166562.jpg

err, not a good advertisement...all those things are easily practiced without a game...in fact, they dont require any props at all.

Heh, I really dislike all these fitness fads...keep fit vids, aerobics classes...this..but Ive never been unfit. Still, why not just do some sports, much more fun

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Holy Shit! The shot with the building coming down in Disaster looks hella cool. I think I might hold out getting a 360 because there is like 10 games I already want next year.

Top Bottom