• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those Dyson hand dryers are actually the worst thing (500x germ spread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wensih

You know when you go into a bathroom and someone's taking a shit and it smells bad? Do you know why that is? it's because microscopic particles of actual shit are entering your nose, touching your nose skin, entering your nasal canal. Making contact with the surface of the inside of your body. Someone else's poop is literally inside your nose.

Who gives a shit about some non-existant germs that fly around in the air after you JUST WASHED YOUR HANDS

Despite what you might hear on the giant bombcast, the smell of farts and poop is not literal pieces of shit molecules. They're gas molecules that diffuse in the air.

The problem is if people don't wash their hands or if they do a poor job washing their hands as pointed out in the article. Youre not just smelling shit; you're touching other people's shit which is when the risk of bacterial or viral contamination and infection occurs.

The Beard

Germs aside, they're fucking terrible. It's what you end up with when you try to overthink something as simple as a hand dryer.

-It makes me feel like I'm playing a game of Operation
-The air flow is pathetic.
-They do a shit job at drying hands.
-Awkward, and uncomfortable.

Give me a high powered traditional blower. This Chipotle that I go to for lunch has a tradional one that feels like a goddamn jet, it's fucking great! Hands get completely dry in no more than 5 seconds.

It's a terribly designed dryer. All the water just runs off to the sides and onto the floor. There's one at work and we had to install a tray underneath to collect all the water.

Despite what you might hear on the giant bombcast, the smell of farts and poop is not literal pieces of shit molecules. They're gas molecules that diffuse in the air.

The problem is if people don't wash their hands or if they do a poor job washing their hands as pointed out in the article. Youre not just smelling shit; you're touching other people's shit which is when the risk of bacterial or viral contamination and infection occurs.

Yea, and where do you think those gas molecules came from? Someone's ass. A product of someone else's ass is in your nose, literally. I mean, sure, technically and bacterially it's not the same. But if that's all people were worried about, they wouldn't be concerned about these hand dryers, because it is a non issue.

BasicMath

They have two of these at work side by side in bathrooms.
I always turn around or stop using it if someone else starts using the one next to me since particles of water tend to fly all over the goddamn place. They've actually hit my face sometimes.

All around it's a disgusting piece of equipment. Even when trying to dry for a good 3-5 mins it still leaves your hands rather moist. Hate having to walk down the hallway and occasionally meet people there and having to shake their hands knowing that my hand was just in one of those things. They're a total waste of time too since I end up rewashing my hands elsewhere and drying them properly.

Atrophis

They have two of these at work side by side in bathrooms.
I always turn around or stop using it if someone else starts using the one next to me since particles of water tend to fly all over the goddamn place. They've actually hit my face sometimes.

All around it's a disgusting piece of equipment. Even when trying to dry for a good 3-5 mins it still leaves your hands rather moist. Hate having to walk down the hallway and occasionally meet people there and having to shake their hands knowing that my hand was just in one of those things. They're a total waste of time too since I end up rewashing my hands elsewhere and drying them properly.

??

Every time I've used an airblade my hands are dry in a few seconds. They dry WAY faster then any normal blower.

BasicMath

??

Every time I've used an airblade my hands are dry in a few seconds. They dry WAY faster then any normal blower.
They may be malfunctioning then? The things act more like a squeegee than an actual blow dryer that evaporates the water with heat, so I thought that was their intended function.

ViciousDS

Banned
Dyson: charging more for worse products.

Has anyone ever used anything made by Dyson that actually did what it was supposed to do? Those air blade hand dryers are worse than the old school pressurless ones at drying hands. Those "bladeless" fans don't blow any air. Do the vaccuums work at least?

I have a Dyson ball....... It's a beast

Dyson: charging more for worse products.

Has anyone ever used anything made by Dyson that actually did what it was supposed to do? Those air blade hand dryers are worse than the old school pressurless ones at drying hands. Those "bladeless" fans don't blow any air. Do the vaccuums work at least?

Been using Dyson vacuums for like 15 years now they are brilliant
Never had a problem with the hand dryers, they get my hands dry very quick and anywhere I've ever used them they're always kept nice and clean, no gunk in the bottom or anything
The washing machines were bloody incredible, my mum had one for like 10 years, unfortunately they were so expensive they never really took off and they don't make them any more

Doc_Drop

Man I love germaphobes. You have my sympathies if it is a genuine phobia, but those sensitive to things being just 'icky' make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom