• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Josh Brolin to Play Cable in Deadpool 2 (Thanos in film: confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232

Josh Brolin has nabbed the hotly contested role of Cable opposite Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The production has been on the warpath to find the right actor for the role for months, with Michael Shannon almost nabbing the role and Stranger Things star David Harbour on the shortlist. (There were even rumors of conversations with Russell Crowe and Brad Pitt.)

In the end, Brolin emerged as a surprise contender, notching his second Marvel Comics character in the process; the actor plays the villain Thanos in the Marvel Studios movies. Sources say Brolin's deal is for four movies.

EDIT: LOL

5aG5j1l.png

Burt

That's going to be incredible.

Oh thank god I didn't ruin the first post by missing the obvious.

When I think about Cable's look - Brolin is totally it. I guess mocap Thanos and Brolin won't clash.

Thinking about it more - I like it a lot.

hydruxo

I was hoping David Harbour would get it, but figured they'd go with a bigger name. I'm sure Brolin will be great.

Dabanton

In any case it's a good choice like Shannon, Brolin is great at playing characters with barely concealed contempt. Should play off well against Ryan R

Arkeband

Banned
Is it possible that they could make Thanos have an origin story where he began as Cable, somehow, considering Cable's schtick?

I ship it. (jk)

Josh Brolin is a solid choice and he can play straight man or comedy if need be.

I wanted Stephen Lang, but I understand if they wanted to go with someone younger.

Jonah Hex, Thanos, and Cable. Intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom