• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Josh Brolin to Play Cable in Deadpool 2 (Thanos in film: confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Pretty damn disappointed after the Shannon rumors tbh but I guess he was way too busy

Brolin will be good but man what could have been

He was up for batman and cast in Jonah Hex (lol) as well. He's got that comic book jaw

Omg I keep forgetting Jonah Hex was a thing

Theecliff

Banned
after the crazy amount of rumours all pointing to wildly different actors i still like the theory that cable gets played by a different person each scene and deadpool is the only one to notice.

Deadpool 2, New Mutants stinger, X-Force and a solo probably.

I don't think most studios count a stinger as one of the films in the contract. They typically negotiate a separate deal for these small parts instead of wasting a whole contracted film for a 2 minute scene.

it is impossible

IMPOSSIBLE

to go wrong with josh brolin

he's never done anything that doesn't reek of quality

id watch a taylor swift biopic starring josh brolin

whats particularly awesome about him is that he doesn't take himself seriously and welcomes all genres

hes gonna kill it as cable

Vic_Viper

I love the character of Deadpool but I am not sure about 4 more movies ...

Doesnt mean 4 more Deadpool movies. Cable is a major player in the X-Force, so I assume atleast 1 of those will be the X-Force movie. Then either Deadpool 3 or X-Force 2, probably the later since the larger cast. Also he could even be in a X-Men movie too so theres that.

On Josh Brolin as Cable. Not super happy but I guess they needed someone asap and went with a well known actor with talent. He just doesnt look like Cable at all imo, if anyone he looks like Warpath.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
That stoic quiet Brolin from No Country would make a perfect Cable. Calculated... cold. He'll need to pack some muscle on but i have full faith in Reynolds and co. to make his suit look fucking baller and the man can act circles around most.

This is gonna be the best buddy cop blood orgy there has ever been....

edit: My bet for the Thanos joke:
"yea.... yea I like you in blue and gold. that's a good look but... you seem like you would look great in purple. Like... a metric fuckton of purple."

ZeoVGM

Banned
Amazing choice. Brolin is about to play two incredibly different but iconic Marvel characters and he's going to kill it as both. Can't wait for Deadpool to make some sort of meta joke about it.

Super confused why anyone would ask whether or not he would still be in Avengers. Guys, Thanos is a motion capture character. He won't even look like a human.

Amazing choice. Brolin is about to play two incredibly different but iconic Marvel characters and he's going to kill it as both. Can't wait for Deadpool to make some sort of meta joke about it.

Super confused why anyone would ask whether or not he would still be in Avengers. Guys, Thanos is a motion capture character. He won't even look like a human.

Right, plus it'd be petty as hell for Marvel to take the part away from him anyways. Michael B. Jordan was in Fantastic Four, now he's in Black Panther. They don't give a shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He looks like Cable more than some of the other rumoured actors, and he's got the acting chops. Not much to complain about from me.

Zubz

Banned
Okay, they can't possibly have him on without doing a Thanos reference rofl

I'm convinced that's the only reason the picked him over Perlman or Theron.

Eh, not like we haven't done weirder stuff with Torch/Cap and two Quicksilvers

Yeah, but the latter case worked due to Quicksilver's title of "mutant" being in question. We're definitely looking at the former case since Thanos is firmly non-mutant.

The actor that needs to play cable is this guy

Stephen Lang- Have him bulk up a bit

f4e95b36eda9aa64c2790a3a9da3b5ed.jpg

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I cannnnot think of a more boring actor honestly. I can't think of one interesting decision he has ever made.

He has worked in some films, because he functions okay as a sort of "blank" character, but I think he is kinda wallpaper.

I'm not a fan of complaining about comic casting based on looks, but Brolin is just so.... whatever.

I cannnnot think of a more boring actor honestly. I can't think of one interesting decision he has ever made.

He has worked in some films, because he functions okay as a sort of "blank" character, but I think he is kinda wallpaper.

I'm not a fan of complaining about comic casting based on looks, but Brolin is just so.... whatever.

I like him in coens movies quite a bit where hes a straight man.

Which I imagine is what he'll be like in here. Not a particularly exciting choice tbh but serviceable for this role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom