• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool 2: Jack Kesy to play major villain

Link.

20th Century Fox has set Jack Kesy to play a major villain in Deadpool 2. While insiders said it isn’t entirely clear which baddie he will play, sources have pinpointed a character called Black Tom. In the comics, he is a nemesis in the X-Men universe, a Dublin-born mutant who can manipulate, bond with, and project energy through plant life. He is also capable of issuing concussive blasts with a wooden object, usually a shillelagh.

The David Leitch-directed Deadpool 2 is set for release June 1, 2018, with Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as the Merc with the Mouth, and hopes are high after the original grossed $783 million to become the highest-ever-grossing R-rated film worldwide. Josh Brolin has already been set to play the principal villain, Cable. Morena Baccarin is back as Deadpool’s love interest Vanessa, Leslie Uggams as Blind Al, Stefan Kapacic as the metallic Colossus, and Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, perhaps the coolest sounding superhero in the Marvel universe.

Kesy might be best known for playing Gabriel Bollivar in the TV series The Strain, a goth rock star who was one of the early plane passengers infected with the virus that turned them into vampires. He was plenty creepy. He will next be seen in Baywatch, opening for Memorial Day weekend, and the Nicolai Fuglsig-directed ensemble of Horse Soldiers, which stars Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon and Michael Pena.

Lock if old.

An angry Irish mutant smacking fuckers with a shillelagh?

Magneto-perfection.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't know if Black Tom would've been my first pull for villain for Deadpool 2. Odd choice.

Madcap woulda been my first choice, but what can you do.

opricnik

Banned
Joke post?

Thanos - Marvel
Cable - FOX

Two separate universes.Michael B. Jordan is playing a villain in the Black Panther movie but is Human Torch as well.

I am pretty sure he meant filming both movies at same time.Blue Panther and Human Torch are 2014 and 2018

Cable as the main villain? I wonder if they're adapting the first arc or so from the Cable and Deadpool run. That would be...interesting.

Hex

Banned
I like Black Tom as an idea, but without Juggs he does not really work.
Unless he has his niece with him maybe?
I am surprised they do not go with Stryfe

Hex

Banned
I was actually under the impression Taskmaster fell under Marvel's purview, but I'm not sure.

He does, but it never stops people from expecting him or wanting him every time any Marvel product movie is made, along with Squirrel Girl.

Top Bottom