• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Josh Brolin to Play Cable in Deadpool 2 (Thanos in film: confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

lol the fuck? Nothing against him, but does Fox seriously can't find someone else to play an old muscle brute?? Stephen Lang is perfect!!

I love the character of Deadpool but I am not sure about 4 more movies ...

Brolin's deal is for four movies. Those movies won't necessarily be Deadpool films. I'm sure the hunt was so important because they want to be able to spin-off Cable.

From Jonah Hex to Thanos to Cable. Weird.
But if it's true, he's a good fit.

Don't forget another comic based character
kinopoisk.ru-Men-in-Black-III-1893424.jpg

I mean..... that Thanos gig was probably gonna rap up in Infinity War anyway. Dude needed more work.

Good pick. Dude has the head shape for it anyway.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why would he be?

Same actor, two franchises, two characters.

No, different studios. No reason he can't be in both. They'll most likely never cross over.

Also, bonus, they're making a Sicario sequel.

Because Marvel Studios and Fox are competitors and, same as there are contracts that Ben Affleck can show up randomly in a Marvel Studios Movie or Chris Evans in a DC Movie, I expect them to have contracts against Fox.

I love the character of Deadpool but I am not sure about 4 more movies ...

It's for 4 more movies, not necessarily 4 more deadpool movies.

He could show up to help the kids in the New/Young X-Men movie or sequel, could have his own movie, could show up in x-force, could play an evil version of himself in some mainline x-men movie, etc.

Neoxon

To be fair, Thanos is mostly CGI (molded to somewhat look like Josh Brolin) anyway, so I could see this not being much of an issue beyond the voice.

Dalek

Because Marvel Studios and Fox are competitors and, same as there are contracts that Ben Affleck can show up randomly in a Marvel Studios Movie or Chris Evans in a DC Movie, I expect them to have contracts against Fox.

While this is true-he's only really providing his voice and motion to Thanos. His physical likeness isn't going to be in an MCU movie. So maybe there's a loophole.

Brolin's deal is for four movies. Those movies won't necessarily be Deadpool films. I'm sure the hunt was so important because they want to be able to spin-off Cable.

That was my thought as well. Probably one or two Deadpool movies with Cable, a Cable standalone, and an X-Force movie, or something like that.

You don't think they checked the contracts before offering him the role? You don't think he checked his before accepting? Not all contracts are alike, it's posssible Brolin's does not contain specific clauses prohibiting him from being in another comic movie, especially since he's essentially just a voice actor for Thanos.

You don't think they checked the contracts before offering him the role? You don't think he checked his before accepting? Not all contracts are alike, it's posssible Brolin's does not contain specific clauses prohibiting him from being in another comic movie, especially since he's essentially just a voice actor for Thanos.

Imagine Brolin browsing GAF, seeing this thread and going "oh shit".

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Yes, this is likely, but he could have been out. That could have been possible, too.

So, his part in IW must be done or at least close to it considering Deadpool 2 is slated for 2018 and filming should be starting in the summer for to be done in time.

Pretty damn disappointed after the Shannon rumors tbh but I guess he was way too busy

Brolin will be good but man what could have been

He was up for batman and cast in Jonah Hex (lol) as well. He's got that comic book jaw

Toothless

I would've preferred Shannon or Harbour, but Brolin is a solid choice. This is gonna have a pretty great cast I'm guessing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Eh I like Josh Brolin but he's one of the least interesting choices we've heard so far. I'd take him over Brad Pitt though.

Hagi

Well shit I was hyping myself up for Shannon so I can't say I'm not disappointed even though this is still a good cast.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, his part in IW must be done or at least close to it considering Deadpool 2 is slated for 2018 and filming should be starting in the summer for to be done in time.
I guess he wont assemble the Infinity Gauntlet until Avengers 4, because it doesnt make sense to give him this powers and have three movies with smaller characters inbetween.

They're filming 2 Avengers films back to back right now. Thanos will probably die and Brolin will be done with the MCU freeing him up for this.

I guess he wont assemble the Infinity Gauntlet until Avengers 4, because it doesnt make sense to give him this powers and have three movies with smaller characters inbetween.
Aren't 3 & 4 filming back-to-back? That's the only way that I can comprehend having both films release a year apart. I feel like I've read somewhere the bros are doing both movies back-to-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom