Thread of WTF Did they do to the character design??

Mar 25, 2010
The Unreal tournament characters started doing bullshark testosterone in 2003
Chris Redfield from resident evil also apparently got hold of some from Epics stash
Sonic went from a weird mute hedgehog to some kind of terrible 80s "cool" stereotype

Lara Croft somehow stayed mostly consistent until the new reboot where she looks kind of like Justin Beiber

Oct 17, 2005
The Unreal tournament characters started doing bullshark testosterone in 2003
Chris Redfield from resident evil also apparently got hold of some from Epics stash
Sonic went from a weird mute hedgehog to some kind of terrible 80s "cool" stereotype

Lara Croft somehow stayed mostly consistent until the new reboot where she looks kind of like Justin Beiber
You mean how she now looks like an actual woman instead of a 12 year old boy's wet dream?

Aug 18, 2010
Classic Dante looks like the most forgettable character ever conceived. At least the new Dante has some character -- even if that character is a bit douchey.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oct 29, 2006
Still have no idea why people find the new design so offensive...looks like a rather tame progression, but Ive seen Sonic fans argue over the most inane things so I guess im the minority
I agree with you. I honestly prefer the new one and don't see how it's all that different at all.

Jun 28, 2006
Anyway : Chris Redfield
Chris's RE5 makeover was the best thing that ever happened to him/the RE series in general.

I've always liked Chris, but let's face it, his pre-RE5 design was about as exciting as dry toast. Now he's a bodybuilding, boulder punching slice o' beefcake.

Best upgrade ever.

Jill on the other hand, now that's a travesty!

May 8, 2011
Antiterra
Chris's RE5 makeover was the best thing that ever happened to him/the RE series in general.

I've always liked Chris, but let's face it, his pre-RE5 design was about as exciting as dry toast. Now he's a bodybuilding, boulder punching slice o' beefcake, best upgrade ever.

Seriously though, while he was never a fantastic character he is just comical roided up and stupid looking now.

Nov 2, 2009
Sep 17, 2009
Still have no idea why people find the new design so offensive...looks like a rather tame progression, but Ive seen Sonic fans argue over the most inane things so I guess im the minority
Nostalgia.

Taking it out of the equation, the old Sonic looks like Mickey Mouse. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's a Mickey Mouse clone. The new Sonic was more unique, it stood out more to help identify the character and amplify the traits it was supposed to have since the first game, but couldn't because it looked like Mickey Mouse.