• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Crisis 5 Arcade Release on March 2015

I'm glad that the guy who did the fmv endings to the first tekken is finally getting another chance at designing 3d art. Just look at dat first picture..

tumblr_m35k0kpwrD1qfseiko1_400.gif

Accoun

Not as unlikely as you think, Dave and Busters type places always get light gun shooters. They have the TF one too(which isn't bad, but it's quite unfair at times).

Here in Poland I've also seen some lightgun games (at least in the seaside towns) - even some of the newer ones: Rambo, Terminator Salvation, Transformers Human Alliance or Operation G.H.O.S.T.

Sadly, it's basically this or racers only, at least from what I've seen.

Csr

GunCon 3 exists (for use with Time Crisis 4, actually) and it uses simillar tech to Wiimote IIRC. The old tech worked only on CRTs from what I remember.

Thanks for the answer, i guess i was very badly informed. I thought you just dragged the cursor around with guncon 3. Any downsides compared to the old tech? I might actually buy this if i can find it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow, I like it.

I remember TC fondly from my time playing PS1 shooters. This and Point Blank were certainly family favourites back then.

Viridian6

Holy shit! Played the hell out of the first three (3 is the best), didn't really care for 4 (we're seriously fighting bugs?). Crisis Zone and Razing Storm were also really fun.

Two pedals, eh? Will definitely check this one out. 1P's outfit is hilarious.

Time Crisis 5...

Also..
"Don't come! Don't come!"
Rachel_MacPherson.jpg

TOO LATE BAYBEE!!

sf4I3dG.gif

Looking at what we have here is this would be great for the WiiU (Balance Board/WiiMote) except for the whole 478 architecture being either a PS4 given history or some mid to high end PC given what every arcade system runs on now of days so I'm not sure if a port could even work to a system that could bring that arcade home as it were.

On top of that the GunCon3 was such as waste only working with 3 games and for the record the PSMove worked as a decent substitute for House of the Dead & GalGun when I used it.

Makes me wonder what happened to games like Virtua Cop 3, Lethal Enforcers 3 & Police 911 2?

Wow, Time Crisis, been so long. I had a blast with Time Crisis games on PS3 with Move. I hope this one comes to consoles with a gun packed with the game... would be awesome !

Now that Tekken 7 and Time Crisis are announced, where's Ridge Racer ???

grendelrt

Since I got a pvm, I have been playing the hell out of light gun games. It really is an amazing genre, my wife plays too since it's easy to get into. Would love to see a new set of games on ps4 with new gun tech.

Bravocado

I don't care if I have to go into the dankest, rankest dive bars to play it. I hope this time comes over here somehow, someday!

Arttemis

I would do unspeakable things for an actually responsive and accurate Guncon (along with every Time Crisis and House of the Dead game ported over).

I went on a spree a few years ago, buying just about every PS Move arcade shooter game, and none of them were even as good as Wiimote tracking, which was the biggest bummer of the generation for me. It's not like the Wii even did it well, as the only consistently accurate games I found were House of the Dead 2&3 Return, where I could disable the reticle and still could aim down the sights of the Wiimote gun attachment for consistent head shots.

soultron

Banned
I want this baaaad. But goddamn... the character art is really bad. It looks like something from the early- to mid-'00s. The mercs wearing plaid short sleeve dress shirts is killing me.

Also, TC2 = best TC.

Arttemis

So, since the Kinect 2 is an IR lightshow that can flood an entire room, and the PS4 Eye has no IR capability, does that mean the most obvious way for an accurate GunCon would be a peripheral for Microsoft's console? Otherwise, there'd have to be an IR attachment for the PS4.

Shin-Ra

If they figured out a way of getting a precision G-Con running on PS4 and modern HDTV's, I'd be all over it.

So, since the Kinect 2 is an IR lightshow that can flood an entire room, and the PS4 Eye has no IR capability, does that mean the most obvious way for an accurate GunCon would be a peripheral for Microsoft's console? Otherwise, there'd have to be an IR attachment for the PS4.
Do you like 30Hz input in your 60fps arcade games?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
the guncon 3 seemed to just be a wiimote in slightly different packaging. two IR emitters that went on the top corners of your TV, and the gun I assume was a camera?

I don't see why they couldn't release that again for current gen consoles?

What solution are they using for the arcades these days?

Shin-Ra

What I really want is back-to-arcade style Ridge Racer 8. Wouldn't even care if it was just the RR7 renderer with MSAA, AF and higher res assets.

Arttemis

If they figured out a way of getting a precision G-Con running on PS4 and modern HDTV's, I'd be all over it.

Do you like 30Hz input in your 60fps arcade games?

I'd prefer the best performance possible. 50% refresh rate for input doesn't sound that all that bad compared to the inaccurate, laggy, drifting inputs of PS Move, and sluggish performance of the Wii. If they can get something consistently accurate and noticeably more responsive than what we had last generation, even if it's not arcade perfect, I'll buy the peripheral's entire software library.

Nyoro SF

I'm a huge fan of the Time Crisis series, but 4 was a letdown. Hopefully 5 steps it up and I get a chance to play it in arcades.

Spwn

This announcement brought a warm fuzzy feeling inside me! And I'm actually sort of a weirdo since the Time Crisis game I played was Project Titan. I spent so much time playing that game!

A friend of mine and I mastered TC2 at our local arcade. Even though we both left the area, I'm pretty sure no one is beating that high score.

Me and my Dad completed it at an arcade. Although it was more a case of dying and putting more coins in (my Dad was particularly coin happy that day for some reason lol).

I managed to beat it after he said "Ok that's it, last coin!".

Arcadehero

Neo Member
No one needs to worry about finding TC5 in arcades next year. I have operated an arcade business for 6 years and the #1 game request I get (after I had got a Ms. Pac-Man) was Time Crisis 5. I have some arcades local to me that when they had got Time Crisis 3 or 4 in, they painted it on their windows to announce it to customers. Bandai Namco Amusements reps hear from arcade operators all the time that they want a new Time Crisis. The demand is there beyond any other arcade franchise I can think of in my 8 years of actively covering the industry.

Time crisis is basically the "killer app" of the arcade sector. Mom-and-pop type places will make this their single purchase of the year if they have to; it will certainly be found at every 'FEC' location you can imagine like Dave & Busters, Boomers, Round 1 USA, probably even some Chuck E Cheeses. I'm contemplating getting this for my place, at least the standard version as that deluxe model is enormous (and will equally cost a lot of money). While I would like a Star Wars Battle Pod, I probably won't be able to afford that until they can be found used 15 years from now; Time Crisis is the next big bet.

This is sort of on topic but for anyone that cares, Sega has a new racing game they are bringing to arcades next month based on Codemaster's DiRT Showdown. The arcade version is just called Showdown. I'd make a thread but can't yet ;) :

http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/10/18/next-arcades-sega-showdown/

Top Bottom