• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to eat crow regarding Ant-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anion

Good to see that crow-eating defense force at work hehe :p
Jkjk

Pretty good movie imo. I can totally see this one grow

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
textedit open for 11 months. Cut and paste, save anything worthwhile.

hcbNQRT.gif

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So remind me again why we didn't do one for Jurassic World?

The consensus seems to deemed that one on equal quality with Ant-Man, except it also unexpectedly started to break records left and right.

I can't imagine being so emotionally invested in something that you would spend hours spread over a year's worth of threads to corral a bunch of off-the-cuff reactionary posts of people you don't even know. Like, is your ego that fragile, that you need the approval of everybody in that thing you know you were gonna like before you even saw it? A thing that not particularly great and just scored the 2nd lowest MCU debut yet?

The OP comes off the most childish in these things. Its not even a celebration of the "defeat of cynicism" or whatever, because it actually makes people dislike the OP's stance even more. So even your core thesis is flawed. The natural reaction is gonna be defensive, and just makes your corporate ballwashing seem petty.

Jawmuncher

I have a portion of crow to eat I suppose. I knew it wouldn't bomba. The way the MCU is, unless they absolutely shit the bed everything is at least gonna make even. With that said, I was very unsure how the actual film would be. Trailers didn't really sell me, and the troubled development didn't sound good. However I just saw it today and it far exceeded my expectations. It's near the top of all mcu films.

Quick

Banned
People have their opinions, and those opinions may or may not align with everyone else's. There's really no need to go for some bizarre public shaming.

I loved the movie as much as some of the other regulars at MCU-GAF, but this is just absurd and incredibly petty.

The consensus seems to deemed that one on equal quality with Ant-Man, except it also unexpectedly started to break records left and right.

Because its a Marvel film maybe? Or a Comic book one more accuratley. People get very defensive over their chosen corporation and build a seige mentality.

Alucard725

Neo Member
Saw it Thursday with the family. Didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. The marketing people didn't do their job on this movie. It was so much more fun than the trailers or TV spots let on.

Dalek

In retrospect that's got to be the greatest crow eating of all time.

kewlmyc

But the first trailer was mediocre, I thought most people agreed on that. I don't see why thinking the first trailer is bad makes them crow eaters.

jtb

Banned
And there is nothing more ironic than creating a thread about Ant-Man's success to "celebrate the defeat of cynicism."

ZeroX03

Banned
Crow threads are incredibly petty. Either remove people's names from the posts or let it go.

The Splatoon one being posted over and over was particularly sad.

3N16MA

Banned
Highlighting that Ant-Man opened to 58M is no reason for anyone to eat crow. It just surpassed Hulk to take its place as the second smallest MCU opening.

I think you guys are taking the OP a little too seriously :p I think it's more of a yay, this movie didn't end up sucking after all sort of thing rather than a shaming event. Or it could be.

Maximo

Seriously though guys, he was saving posts for a year
We are posting on a off topic part of a Gaming website where some people literally spend hours on, don't see why people are judging his use of time. Crow threads are always alittle corny and silly, yet I still find them amusing, it's not to be taken seriously.

If Marvel can make a movie about Ant-man successful then it makes their refusal to make a Black Widow movie all the more confusing.

Marvel's still the king of the cinema, and people are never going to accept it.

Ant-Man is more fun than 90% of this summer's offerings, and its' success is well-earned.

But the first trailer was mediocre, I thought most people agreed on that. I don't see why thinking the first trailer is bad makes them crow eaters.

Yeah it seems to be a very poor representation of the movie's strengths. Honestly I think the crown is inherent here, and I don't think we needed a thread Dalek dear. I'm glad the movie is decent in any case. Waiting for the girl I'm seeing to be free so we can go see it.

Quick

Banned
I think you guys are taking the OP a little too seriously :p I think it's more of a yay, this movie didn't end up sucking after all sort of thing rather than a shaming event. Or it could be.

The crow eating stuff has been brought up in the MCU/Ant-Man Production threads a few times through the year. He might not be kidding about actually saving that stuff.

I can't imagine being so emotionally invested in something that you would spend hours spread over a year's worth of threads to corral a bunch of off-the-cuff reactionary posts of people you don't even know. Like, is your ego that fragile, that you need the approval of everybody in that thing you know you were gonna like before you even saw it? A thing that not particularly great and just scored the 2nd lowest MCU debut yet?

The OP comes off the most childish in these things. Its not even a celebration of the "defeat of cynicism" or whatever, because it actually makes people dislike the OP's stance even more. So even your core thesis is flawed. The natural reaction is gonna be defensive, and just makes your corporate ballwashing seem petty.

What's funny is he picked three of my post. Yet didn't pick the post where I talk about the TV clips that focused on the humor finally selling me on the movie or where I said it wouldn't make less than 60 million.

Just shows what kind of people make these threads.

Although I will eat my crow about it making more than 60 million. It didn't. Second to lowest opening for a MCU since The Incredible Hulk.

zeshakag

Did you see how quick to the trigger OP was to refute another poster's comment with a link deep into his post history? It's impressive actually.

Armadilo

Banned
Antman is at 64 in Metacritic, Most would agree that Ant-Man is most unremarkable Marvel movie to come out and theirs a chance that Pixels the most hated movie on Gaf to have a chance against a big Marvel Movie ? OP maybe just wait, right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom