• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' Trailer (Oldman, Firth, Hardy, Strong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinker-Taylor-Soldier-Spy-Poster.jpg

paskowitz

This looks amazing on every single level. Something tells me this is going to a classic. I think they should just hand Oldman the Oscar now and be done with it.

Dead Man

paskowitz said:
This looks amazing on every single level. Something tells me this is going to a classic. I think they should just hand Oldman the Oscar now and be done with it.
Can't. Not an American movie.

Salazar

Marvellous.

The music in the trailer is fucking art. Captivating stuff.

Oldman looks distractingly like Bill Nighy.

LayLa

Oldman looking ... old.
BBC TV series starring Alec Guinness is an absolute must-see, as is the followup Smileys People. was worried about this film version but that trailer was pretty good.

Gambit said:
Yes, Hail Caesar! BTW: he was mentioned in the Harry potter credits, but I only glimpsed his name out of the corner of my eye. Who did he play? I must have missed him

Dumbledore's brother

pringles

That trailer is even better than the first. Incredible.

Also I like the sound of those IMDB impressions. The positive impression is well-written and level-headed. The negative impression is one of those over-the-top reactions that makes it sound like the worst movie ever and "soooooo boring" that everyone walked out of the theatre in disgust.
I think I know which of the impressions I trust more.

The visuals just ooze Cold War-era espionage.

Agreed on trailer music, the first one fit the visuals and theme better. Magneto's theme doesn't do it for me.

Peru

elongation said:
Looks interesting but I haven't read the book so I don't know how interesting this will be..

An amazingly intricate, realistic spy plot with surprising emotional resonance that lead to one of the greatest tv series of all time. You should find it interesting.

JCreasy said:
Definitely in the running for trailer of the year!

This looks impossibly good.

Let's not get crazy.

Fincher's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trailer still shits on this.

I need to check when this movie hits Aus.

Edit: We're getting it 27th October! Not too shabby I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom