• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP campaign, Oct 28, PS4/XB1/Origin [Up: Official SP Trailer]

Simo

ozymandias_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Fucking. Perfect. LMAO

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Never played the first, thought the trailer looked pretty cool.

That date though is incredibly foolish, it's the same placement Tomb Raider had last year while also ending up with having Fallout 4 come out on the same day which can't have been best for sales or mindshare, between the two biggest FPS of the year is not a great choice.

Should have kept the series as a spring title, much better suited I would have thought, not many other FPS games to worry about and it gives them a chance to make that month of the year as theirs.

GeoGonzo

Hearing their version of the three laws of robotics is a bit cringey but I guess most action movies aren't much better. Other than that it is a neat trailer for a decent looking game.

Kade

Really stoked. LOVED the first Titanfall on PC. It's going to have an uphill battle on the platform though now that it has to compete with Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (the big one) and Rainbow 6: Siege for a playerbase AND it's Origin exclusive. The latter point wouldn't be much of an issue but we know how the first one ended up after a few months as a new IP with something to prove. I really want this series to be as big as the PC juggernauts. I'll be there day one regardless.

Shades of some of Armored Core's best moments, when you're tracking down a rogue Raven only to find out there's no one inside. Goddamn I can't wait.

Nightfall

I'm so feed up with Call of Duty or Battlefield but this thing has my interest.

It's basically a buddy cop movie with a guy and a mech? Damn! Just take my f*cking money EA!

golem

Excellent. Enjoyed the first one alot despite the atrocious load times. Wonder if theyre still on Source engine

Vitor711

Why do people not like the date? Too close to Battlefield /CoD?

Think of the mainstream audience - COD has a bigger name, they're both Sci-Fi FPS games. It will get slaughtered, even if core gamers prefer EA's game.

Battlefield is bigger too. It's cannibalising their own sales.

Alienous

Think of the mainstream audience - COD has a bigger name, they're both Sci-Fi FPS games. It will get slaughtered, even if core gamers prefer EA's game.

Battlefield is bigger too. It's cannibalising their own sales.

They just want to take a chunk of flesh out of Call of Duty, and Titanfall 2 can do that. Success to them isn't only selling well, but showing that Call of Duty isn't forever.

Was always super interested in the original (mech's are always a good way to pull me in) but didn't have a Xbone, super pumped this one is on ps4 this time :D

I hope the multiplayer's still just as solid as Titanfall 1- developing a singleplayer campaign with that many setpieces can't be cheap. I won't touch the singleplayer until well after release, but hopefully it'll get more of my friends to buy the game this time around.

Trailer looks really good! EA's probably gonna pull out all the marketing stops for this immediately after E3 all the way until release.

Was always super interested in the original (mech's are always a good way to pull me in) but didn't have a Xbone, super pumped this one is on ps4 this time :D
Yeah, I'm really happy it's getting released on all platforms. And no paid deal with Sony or Microsoft for delayed realease on the competitors.

Top Bottom