• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

Foshy

Yeah, the PC version is the same, tearing everywhere for some reason. I think that is actually some kind of bug that will be fixed.

Once that is fixed the X1 will still be much better than this simply for 60fps (I only get dips when more than 2 titans are on screen).

You can fix the tearing in the PC version by disabling V-Sync in the game's settings and forcing it over the Nvidia control center instead.

I'm playing it on a Macbook Retina hooked up to an external monitor, 900p and settings mostly on low to get optimal frame-rate. Performance is nice for a non-gaming PC.

But yeah, of course the XB1 version is much better than the 360 one. It's just that, the performance still isn't really good so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Good grief at the tearing.

wlsdyS0.jpg

I6JnKnb.jpg

sbQOQgS.jpg

V3aAqTa.jpg

gatti-man

It looks bland on PC and XB as well. It seems like it's missing some good AF. Otherwise it doesn't look as bad as some say. Respectably close to the XB version.

so you have played the x1 version? It is not close. Its just not. Its missing tons of effects and the textures are not close. The fps is also lesser as well.

Tsundere

Banned
All those saying it looks close to the X1 version need your eyes checked. Its choppy as fuck and missing loads of effects. In this case it seems MS made the right choice. The less seen of this version the better. Without the extra grunt to power past the poor engine(it isn't source anymore) the game is clearly struggling.

Funny, wouldn't the 360 version looking "much worse" be good for Microsoft? Wouldn't that sell more $500 consoles? They would have shown it more if that were the case... It isn't.

daman824

Seriously, anyone who is saying this looks like the xb1 version needs to have their eyes checked. There are so many concessions. Terrible textures, texture pop-in issues, missing effects galore, terrible lighting, ect.

They even took out the side characters updating you on the situation in your hud.

And it runs at 30fps and at a lower resolution. And even fucking then there are frame drops. We haven't even seen last titan standing yet (it's going to be a slide show)

This wasn't delayed because they were afraid people would see no difference. This was delayed because it couldn't hit 30fps consistently. There are just too many concessions. Some seem very last minute too ( no one comes on your hud as your titan counts down).

charsace

Damn good work on the port. There are missing effects and low res textures in places to get it running, but the overall picture turned out well.

Foshy

I know you made that gif to show off the lag. But that enemy titan looks like it belongs in a vita game. Damn...

I've got Titanfall wallpapers on my Vita. If it were possible to get a 60 fps port with PSP graphics and no shadows I'd take it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Doesn't look great.

But neither does my Xbox One copy.

But neither does my PC copy.

It's just an ugly game, save for some fun special effects. It also runs poorly. But it is fun.

rpmboy

Weird, wonder why the lag was so bad then. Maybe it was that guy's connection.

On the youtube guy's earlier video, his ping was 39. He said in the comment section he pirated it, would that effect it? (doubtful, but i don't really know about such things)

Seriously, anyone who is saying this looks like the xb1 version needs to have their eyes checked. There are so many concessions. Terrible textures, texture pop-in issues, missing effects galore, terrible lighting, ect.

They even took out the side characters updating you on the situation in your hud.

And it runs at 30fps and at a lower resolution. And even fucking then there are frame drops. We haven't even seen last titan standing yet (it's going to be a slide show)

This wasn't delayed because they were afraid people would see no difference. This was delayed because it couldn't hit 30fps consistently. There are just too many concessions. Some seem very last minute too ( no one comes on your hud as your titan counts down).

Some people have dug themselves too deep about the 360 version being almost equal to the XB1. They're not gonna give up now.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hmm...ok then. I guess redbox rental it is. It looks ok in some parts of the video, and then like others said it looks kinda meh.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Oh man, the quality is bad but there's no tearing and the framerate is really smooth. I wonder if this is using the 30fps cap option?

that's the training mode or tutorial

there's no lag there

Everything is online, including training. Supposedly the AI is streamed from the "cloud" which would be affected by lag.

On the youtube guy's earlier video, his ping was 39. He said in the comment section he pirated it, would that effect it? (doubtful, but i don't really know about such things)

No idea. Surprised pirated copies can play online.

Mystery

Really? I think it looks very similar. Certainly not a generational leap. Most users probably won't notice any significant differences.

It's impossible to determine frame-rate from this video as well (since the video is limited to 30 fps). It's not as if it runs at a smooth 60 fps on XO.

Twitch is not constrained to 30fps. If the streamer doesn't have a garbage capture card, he can easily stream console games at 60fps.

And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

Basically the same experience? OK so with that logic, why did anyone upgrade to the new consoles. I mean I looked at Metal Gear and that was basically the same experience. Assassins creed was basically the same experience with this logic. So was COD.

Low res, missing effects, lower frame-rate (by the looks of it), worse textures, I guess these things are just "nitpicks" now?

Bgamer90

Banned
Of course there is a difference, it's an 8 year old console versus a brand new one. And there is a difference between those two and PC as well, which varies depending on the setup.

Yes. I know. You originally said it was just mainly graphics though when it's not. The gameplay performance based on the video isn't the same or even close.

Klocker

besides the obvious visual (and performance) downgrade, it appears to capture the feeling of the game pretty well

I'm surprised so many people are saying that it "looks pretty close" in this thread. Looks a lot worse to me, the textures are pretty damn low rez.

Not to knock bluepoint about that though, it looks pretty damn good considering we're talking about a 360 here.

And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

Not nitpicking at all. 30 fps alone will make it a different game and the tearing is very obvious,i wont settle for this one at all and get the xbox one if i wanted to get this game.

Ferr986

It looks like a decent port being a 360 game. Obviously not as good as some people are claiming to be, but also not as bad as some other people was expecting in other threads.

z-layrex

Banned
I cannot believe people are saying it looks anything close to the X1 version, do you guys even have an X1? The 360 version looks awful.

RyudBoy

As expected, although I didn't think it would be 30fps. To those who waited in hopes of a similar experience to XB1/PC, I feel bad for you son.

Top Bottom