• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

Anion

Wow, those screens on the first page looked pretty grainy even on my phone. Dang. To be honest, I expected the resolution to be a bit more solid than it looks. Then again, this game is taxing on the x1 too. I suppose people expected way too much out of the 360......
(for some reason)

Edit:
Dang. Some people think that this looks like the X1 version?! Wow, I mean it doesn't look that bad on the X1 lol

SJS

What's the report on the FPS unlocking?

I honestly don't care about the textures, I'm in it for the gameplay.

HoodWinked

honestly theres no good outcome, if the 360 version turns out good they'll say the xb1 is terrible, if the 360 version turns out bad they'll say this game is terrible. sub720+30fps sounds like a reasonable expectation for last gen consoles but somehow its going to not be good enough now im predicting.

so i was right about my prediction but i didnt anticipate for the 360 port to be BOTH terrible and too good at the same time LOL. tnx internet.

Kolgar

Looks like a valiant effort on the part of the developers.

The delay forced my hand into buying a PC version my laptop can barely handle, but if all the maps are in and intact, I think I could have been happy with this.

Glad the 360 base gets to experience this game--it's a blast!

Edit: The windows with your buddies from home base counting down time to Titan availability are in.

AU Tiger

looks fine I suppose for a 360 game. I'm still waiting on whatever the first big DLC pack they release to then buy the PC version at whatever the discounted price is. Maybe EA will do a big discount on origin like they've done with BF3/4.

I feel like I got my money's worth with those @ $25 each.

The thing that's impressive about TitanFall is the amount of action going on all at once. Even little things like each individual bullet fired has to be rendered and accounted for which you quickly realize when attracting a huge stack with Vortex and firing it back at your enemy....who then proceeds to vortex volley the original stack plus some newcomers right back at you as you quickly try to dash behind a structure only to get Big Punched by his teammate triggering an auto-eject with nuclear explosion and me throwing 3 satchel charges back to earth and setting them off to doom the opposing titan before I even hit the ground.

Oh and that's just the action of 3 players.

Timu

Well, the game is always online and isn't out. I'd give it the benefit of the doubt on this one.
He's facing an A.I. Titan though, it shouldn't lag against the cpu since that has nothing to do with connection, also lagging in a tutorial is pretty odd, we'll see if it becomes more common when the game officially releases though.

Holy cow the Microsoft defense force came blazing in, Titanfall isn't good looking on any platform, but FPS matters a whole lot and that's where the Xbone version shines in comparison to the 360. However the visual quality of Titanfall regardless of platform can be downright atrocious at times.

TheD

The Detective
ipNEAqpA3XP5p.gif

That is not a framerate problem, that is network lag.

The thing that's impressive about TitanFall is the amount of action going on all at once. Even little things like each individual bullet fired has to be rendered and accounted for which you quickly realize when attracting a huge stack with Vortex and firing it back at your enemy....who then proceeds to vortex volley the original stack plus some newcomers right back at you as you quickly try to dash behind a structure only to get Big Punched by his teammate triggering an auto-eject with nuclear explosion and me throwing 3 satchel charges back to earth and setting them off to doom the opposing titan before I even hit the ground.

Oh and that's just the action of 3 players.

I'm no game designer but I can't imagine this is that much more complicated than any other game.

Alchemy

He's facing an A.I. Titan though, it shouldn't lag against the cpu since that has nothing to do with connection, also lagging in a tutorial is pretty odd, we'll see if it becomes more common when the game officially releases though.

All the AI is run on the server, so any delay communicating with the server will cause lag.

BriGuy

I think it looks pretty good for what it is. Not enough to entice me back to Xbox Live Gold, but if I really wanted to play TitanFall and didn't have other options available, this would probably get the job done.

I do wonder how the XB1 sales would be affected if we had seen the 360 version side by side with it in development, but I can hazard a guess.

TheD

The Detective
I'm no game designer but I can't imagine this is that much more complicated than any other game.

Yeah, it is only impressive if you are comparing it to shit with hitscan weapons and not that much going on (looking at you COD), Battlefield on the other hand has (not only non hitscan weapons) just as much (if not more) things going on.

K.Sabot

All the AI is run on the server, so any delay communicating with the server will cause lag.

Considering how little we know about the 360 version, it could be on the disc. It would be pretty defeating for the XBone if the 360 was utilizing the same next gen server system as its successor.

Though I'm sure we all know it's possible.

Bsigg12

Considering how little we know about the 360 version, it could be on the disc. It would be pretty defeating for the XBone if the 360 was utilizing the same next gen server system as its successor.

It is. They already said it would a long ass time ago. It's not deflating at all when the game looks like it does on the 360.

An already ugly game looks ugly on a weaker system, no surprise there. The real question is will the performance of this version affect the gameplay.

Yeah, it is only impressive if you are comparing it to shit with hitscan weapons and not that much going on (looking at you COD), Battlefield on the other hand has (not only non hitscan weapons) just as much (if not more) things going on.

Well, speaking to the vortex shield for example, I'm pretty sure there's no upper limit on how much ammunition you can catch with it, it's only capped by the lifetime. But I've caught easily more than a 100 rounds of ammunition using it when multiple Titans are engaging, especially when they are all using the machine gun and rocket salvos.

Orca

I think it's a bit hypocritical to say that's it's "pretty much the same" as the XB1 version when we thoroughly analyze every difference between PS4/XB1 multiplats. I'll agree on the fact that it's not a $500, generational-leap difference though, but that's more due to the fact that the XB1 version isn't very optimized either.

Yeah, I hope nobody saying this is close to the Xbox One version has ever spouted off about the 'huge difference' between X1/PS4 multiplats lol

SJS

Saw a few streams of the gameplay. I think everyone's playing at the locked 30 right now, and that looks very playable.

Still interested in any word on how the unlocked is, is there any footage of a commentary on that?

K.Sabot

One thing I can tell from watching the stream is the judder when transitioning to kill cam and back to gameplay.

Alchemy

Though I'm sure we all know it's possible.

There is nothing next gen about it, online games have been running simulations on servers for years. It would horribly complicate the porting process if they had to move server code to the client.

Lettuce

Just goes to show that resolution and graphics aren't the be all and end all!!!.

The game looks just as enjoyable and players will have the same gameplay experience as the current gen version!

K.Sabot

There is nothing next gen about it, online games have been running simulations on servers for years. It would horribly complicate the porting process if they had to move server code to the client.

I was debating with my self whether or not to put quotes around "next gen" in that last post because I didn't want to come off as overtly sarcastic. I know it's marketing bullshit, but you would think they wouldn't undermine it at this point. Though your average consumer won't know or care in my opinion.

clav

This wasn't delayed because they were afraid people would see no difference. This was delayed because it couldn't hit 30fps consistently. There are just too many concessions. Some seem very last minute too ( no one comes on your hud as your titan counts down).

That countdown HUD is still in there. I just saw Sarah counting down when the player's Titan is ready via the HUD.

After watching some gameplay video from the twitch stream, the game is playable.

360 owners are going to be happy if their expectations are within reasonable terms.

The textures are definitely not the same though as they do look worse.

I suppose the best analogy is comparing the Call of Duty games for Wii and the 360.

Syrus

Banned
Wow, those screens on the first page looked pretty grainy even on my phone. Dang. To be honest, I expected the resolution to be a bit more solid than it looks. Then again, this game is taxing on the x1 too. I suppose people expected way too much out of the 360......
(for some reason)

Edit:
Dang. Some people think that this looks like the X1 version?! Wow, I mean it doesn't look that bad on the X1 lol

the X1 looks ALOT better then 360 easily. Its not even close lol. Id be ashamed if it was

Vinc

Looks ok, the game doesn't look great on any platform. I'm more interested in seeing the framerate.

Syrus

Banned
Holy cow the Microsoft defense force came blazing in, Titanfall isn't good looking on any platform, but FPS matters a whole lot and that's where the Xbone version shines in comparison to the 360. However the visual quality of Titanfall regardless of platform can be downright atrocious at times.

I truly don't see how people can say Titanfall doesn't look good. WTf are you wanting in a game? It looks pretty good. It doesn't look like infamous but jesus what do you haters want lol

RedAssedApe

Banned
lag is terrible in that archived twitch stream. you can also see the screen tearing so i don't think he has the 30 fps limiter on?

maybe its just the one map or the quality of the stream but this game looks uglier than cod:ghosts to me :\

i recall the xbone version looking a lot more vibrant? haven't looked at any gameplay or screens since launch though

Waaghals

In a bots only training session? I don't think so....

All AI is run on the servers. I assume they kept players from hosting even rudimentary games out in order to prevent private servers from popping up.

That is what lag looks like, not framedrops.

Warewolf

Looks highly playable. Bravo, The image quality reminds me of COD4, those really solid models with those really shimmery aliased edges.

I'm impressed enough.

Vinc

I truly don't see how people can say Titanfall doesn't look good. WTf are you wanting in a game? It looks pretty good. It doesn't look like infamous but jesus what do you haters want lol

Personally I don't find it artistically appealing at all, and the low rendering resolution, the uneven framerate, the low-res textures and screen tearing just make it look unimpressive for a new gen game. I'd say it's the worst looking game I've played on XB1/PS4 so far.

This hater owns Titanfall, and I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion this game looks like garbage on any system.

Top Bottom