• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Gameplay Footage (Embargo Lifted)

antitrop

The Burn Cards seem kind of interesting. They add a nice level of strategy, because using the perfect one at the right time can swing the tide of battle.

They're just kind of hard to remember that they're actually there.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hard to tell really, personally I think campaigns are legacy at this point: we expect them because they always been there even if most people just don't care.

If you look at the data the most people spend the most time on multiplayer. I know this is a core audience forum so perception is different, but out there people just want to shoot dudes in the face.
I know you're right, but I play single player games almost exclusively. There's still a lot of excellent single player games out there both in and out of the shooter genre.

I really don't want this to become the norm.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I really wish the levels looked more diverse, I hope they're not going to be as boring as they look.

Hard to be diverse when you only have 2 levels in the beta. The balance between pilot and titan means you are going to see mostly flat levels. Don't want the action too high above the titans, etc. Don't want to make the cloud work too hard on grunt AI pathfinding. :p

The detail in the structures looks great, haven't noticed any obvious cookie-cutter.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That shotgun...

iHiHkVXOSiD1Z.gif

dear god.

I know you're right, but I play single player games almost exclusively. There's still a lot of excellent single player games out there both in and out of the shooter genre.

I really don't want this to become the norm.

Single player shooter campaigns are now a niche market, and youre going to see games designed to reflect that, especially when they are aiming to be as popular as titanfall is.

Ok twenty games in verdict: lots and lots of fun, balance is great between human and titans, not revolutionary but extremely extremely good

watchdog

I've been watching the new footage and I still find it to be quite striking just how similar the game looks to Call of Duty multiplayer. It looks like a really awesome mod or gameplay addition to an existing COD game. I'm sure that's probably the appeal to some gamers but it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Of course I'm just basing this off of what I've seen. Maybe I need to actually play the game to "get it."

antitrop

I've been watching the new footage and I still find it to be quite striking just how similar the game looks to Call of Duty multiplayer. It looks like a really awesome mod or gameplay addition to an existing COD game. I'm sure that's probably the appeal to some gamers but it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Of course I'm just basing this off of what I've seen. Maybe I need to actually play the game to "get it."

I think it's actually the perfect blend of "just close enough" to Call of Duty to attract that audience in, but different enough to still appeal to those that abhor CoD.

It's a completely new game, with a strong reminiscent feeling of other games. And that's a great thing.

Etnos

Banned
I'm not sure, hopefully someone can help... is there more than one weapon per type? meaning: is there several a. rifles, shot gun, sniper and so on? or there is just one weapon per type?

Is there going to be unlocks at later levels? is this lack of weapon variety a beta thing?

I'm not sure, hopefully someone can help... is there more than one weapon per type? meaning: is there several a. rifles, shot gun, sniper and so on? or there is just one weapon per type?

Is there going to be unlocks at later levels? is this a beta thing?
I've already had a 2nd smg unlock so yeah i guess so

HelloMeow

Is there going to be unlocks at later levels? is this lack of weapon variety a beta thing?

I hope so. I hope there will be a nice semi auto assault rifle-ish weapon.

Currently loving putting titan in follow mode, finding an enemy titan, cloaking (works well vs. Titans not so well vs pilots) and using a burn card powered anti titan weapon to weaken it then jump on it and shoot its brains out...

Etnos

Banned
I think it's actually the perfect blend of "just close enough" to Call of Duty to attract that audience in, but different enough to still appeal to those that abhor CoD.

It's a completely new game, with a strong reminiscent feeling of other games. And that's a great thing.

The way I see it new/revolutionary is kind of over rated. From dota to dota 2 they basically did nothing other than build it on a new engine, game remains hugely popular because it is good; don't fix what ain't broke.

Good gameplay is timeless, if you can build over a solid formula and make it better: fine by me.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

I think that is going a little extreme. People who are disgusted by CoD are not going to be woo'ed by this game.

They aren't exactly Senran Kagura, but they are definitely out of the taste of the mass market.

Yeah, I don't think SP campaigns are going anywhere.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's different enough that they shouldn't write it off based on the surface-level similarities.

I think what threw me was you using the word abhor, because those people will definitely just write it off.

It is just different enough though to get those people burnt out on CoD to get interested though.

antitrop

I don't think it can be overstated how satisfying it is to give someone the boot. Or a good neck-snap. Melee in this game is fantastic.

antitrop

No code for me today :/
I guess i will have to play BF4 until the official game launches if i don't receive one lol.

If you have a decent gaming PC, Hawken is actually a really good game. The F2P grind is blaaaaaah, but it's fun for a while and doesn't cost anything.

I'll never play it again after March, though.

Top Bottom