• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Gameplay Footage (Embargo Lifted)

Keep calm and chew tobacco.

XS5LK.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I don't think they've been sent out yet:

Mshari 117 ‏@MadBowser 27m
@Respawn @Titanfallgame When are you going to distribute the Beta codes?

Respawn ‏@Respawn 8m

@MadBowser @Titanfallgame 14th

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I hope I get a code, but I am already sold on the PC game. Preordered and everything.

As a side question, do you pronounce Beta "bay-ta" or "beat-ah"?

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
truly not trying to be a downer, but anyone else maybe not quite as hyped as they used to be on this game? Something about it makes me worry about its replayability/longevity... Maybe I just don't know enough about the progression systems or how the game works in general. But there's gotta be more than just team deathmatch (or even other game modes) with mechs over and over?

truly not trying to be a downer, but anyone else maybe not quite as hyped as they used to be on this game? Something about it makes me worry about its replayability/longevity... Maybe I just don't know enough about the progression systems or how the game works in general. But there's gotta be more than just team deathmatch (or even other game modes) with mechs over and over?

based on COD4 and MW2, I'm confident Respawn understands how to deliver a full package packed with content and value, even if it is MP only.

Milennia

If you have a decent gaming PC, Hawken is actually a really good game. The F2P grind is blaaaaaah, but it's fun for a while and doesn't cost anything.

I'll never play it again after March, though.

Eh, its a good substitute but i already had my fill of hawken.
I guess with second assault next week it makes the blow easier to bear lol, only a couple of weeks from that date we will have titanfall.

Milennia

Someone should start at beta OT that we can use tomorrow when the mass invites go out.

(I would but I'm away from my computer and will still be)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I hope I get a code, but I am already sold on the PC game. Preordered and everything.

As a side question, do you pronounce Beta "bay-ta" or "beat-ah"?

Alpha
Beta (pronounced bay-tah)
Charlie
Delta
Epsilon
E.t.c.

Surprised because I saw that one streamer kept pronouncing it like bean. I thought everyone knew how to say it...

I'm sorry, what is your point? Are you basically trying to say why am I and others criticizing TF for what appears to be a rather common occurrence in FPS games?

I was hoping for more I suppose, my bad. This is supposed to be the new awesome IP, right?

The point is I don't understand what the gameplay that is there (can't count on every weapon, gametype in the Beta) is somehow lesser in what players can do within those gametypes in comparison to COD or other mp games that don't really seem to offer more or less in regards to what variability is offered to the players in that base level of gameplay.

In short, I don't see how the basic gameplay of COD is somehow in greater offering than the basic gameplay of TitanFall, or how COD can offer roles of play to players but somehow Titanfall cannot? That's all I am curious about. The actual opinion of yours and others of Titanfall lacking in comparison to some/many multiplayer games isn't something that concerns me or that I would necessarily disagree with.

Thrillers

Banned
Been playing this all day, man it truly does live up to the hype. Already reached the max level 14.

Shame on us. Shame on us as gamers and as members of neogaf...

I took the time to play the beta and was left asking myself one fundamental question "What makes Titanfall a next generation game." Not only that but when MS tried to rob us gaf as a community was up in arms and a grass roots campaign ensued. Respawn are selling you a *Multiplayer add on* at full price! $60? What does that say about us? What does that say for the future price of gaming? What will other devs do when they realize they can put out an add on for full price. To be clear this is cod with mechs and free running. To deny that is to lie to yourself! Period! It's a cod game running on a slightly augmented version of cods 11 year old unreal engine. Which is the reason it wont reach a native 1080 and can not handle more than 6v6 players. The sad thing is everyone is acutely aware that this game isn't close to being what it should but the hype train just wont slow down.

Graphically this game is poor and that's not next gen. 6v6 is not next gen! Call of duty's 11 year old unreal engine is not next gen! Bots to pad out/make the experience more next gen... Is not next gen! I really want to know what makes this game next gen. I am expecting ridicule for pointing out how poor this game truly is. But I am shocked, truly shocked that members of this community will accept a multiplayer add on being sold at full price...

*EDIT*

Let me reiterate the questions so that we can be clear moving forward.

A. What makes titanfall a next gen game other than the fact that it's on the Xbox one?
B. How are we as a community really going to support a multiplayer add on being sold at full price?
C. If we support Titan fall being sold at full price do we have any ground to stand on when the industry raises (and justifiably so) the price of games. Watch Dogs-$60 Destiny-$60 The Division-$60 Watch Dogs a multiplayer add on-$60?

I took the time to play the beta and was left asking myself one fundamental question "What makes Titanfall a next generation game." Not only that but when MS tried to rob us gaf as a community was up in arms and a grass roots campaign ensued. Respawn are selling you a *Multiplayer add on* at full price! $60? What does that say about us? What does that say for the future price of gaming? What will other devs do when they realize they can put out an add on for full price. To be clear this is cod with mechs and free running. To deny that is to lie! Period! It's a cod game running on a slightly augmented version of cods 11 year old unreal engine. Which is the reason it wont reach a native 1080 and can not handle more than 6v6 players. The sad thing is everyone is acutely aware that this game isn't close to being what it should but the hype train just wont slow down.

Graphically this game is poor and that's not next gen. 6v6 is not next gen! Call of duty's 11 year old unreal engine is not next gen! Bots to pad out/make the experience more next gen... Is not next gen! I really want to know what makes this game next gen. I am expecting ridicule for pointing out how poor this game truly is. But I am shocked, truly shocked that members og this community will accept a multiplayer add on being sold at full price...

is this a joke post?

m23

I took the time to play the beta and was left asking myself one fundamental question "What makes Titanfall a next generation game." Not only that but when MS tried to rob us gaf as a community was up in arms and a grass roots campaign ensued. Respawn are selling you a *Multiplayer add on* at full price! $60? What does that say about us? What does that say for the future price of gaming? What will other devs do when they realize they can put out an add on for full price. To be clear this is cod with mechs and free running. To deny that is to lie to yourself! Period! It's a cod game running on a slightly augmented version of cods 11 year old unreal engine. Which is the reason it wont reach a native 1080 and can not handle more than 6v6 players. The sad thing is everyone is acutely aware that this game isn't close to being what it should but the hype train just wont slow down.

Graphically this game is poor and that's not next gen. 6v6 is not next gen! Call of duty's 11 year old unreal engine is not next gen! Bots to pad out/make the experience more next gen... Is not next gen! I really want to know what makes this game next gen. I am expecting ridicule for pointing out how poor this game truly is. But I am shocked, truly shocked that members og this community will accept a multiplayer add on being sold at full price...

Titanfall isn't using the COD engine, COD doesn't use the Unreal engine.

Adry9

Graphically this game is poor and that's not next gen. 6v6 is not next gen! Call of duty's 11 year old unreal engine is not next gen! Bots to pad out/make the experience more next gen... Is not next gen! I really want to know what makes this game next gen. I am expecting ridicule for pointing out how poor this game truly is. But I am shocked, truly shocked that members of this community will accept a multiplayer add on being sold at full price...

295x221px-LL-1f759989_Jerry-Seinfeld-Leaving1.gif

Top Bottom