• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Gameplay Footage (Embargo Lifted)

CoG

792p on the flagship of flagship titles including firmware updates to release GPU resources. I'm sure we will be hearing soon enough as to why that weird resolution was picked due to being the most balanced.

Probably the biggest surprise is that, based on our testing, frame-rate doesn't quite remain locked to 60fps - not especially noticeable in most situations, but definitely more of an issue inside the titans. Bearing in mind Respawn's dedication to the locked 60fps experience, we hope that further optimisations are in development, but the videos on this page should give you some idea of the game's current performance level.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-titanfall-on-xbox-one-at-60fps

http://titanfallblog.com/2014/02/12...on-on-xbox-one-may-increase-with-final-build/

When asked what the native resolution of Titanfall Beta is/will be on the Xbox One, Abbie Heppe, Community Manager at Respawn confirmed the Titanfall Beta runs at native ’792p’ resolution, an increase from the previously rumoured 720p.

Abbie went on to say that the resolution will increase as the team edge closer towards a final build of Titanfall, and could potentially be in the region of 900p native resolution once complete.

900p? Is this site reliable?

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I for one dont give 2 shits about the graphics or the resolution.

Cant wait to see how it plays, gonna watch all these after work. Good to see they have good stat tracking, always like to see that.

sangreal

Cinemablends Graphical Comparison

please read the rest of the article via link to give Cinemablend their just clicks

comparison pics at the link

heres a preview:

untitled-1mrrc4.gif
quality source

we1f8dD.jpg

Looks ok. Still COD with mechs by the looks of it. I've tried to see the differences, but I haven't yet. I'd like to get my hands on it to try it out...maybe it feels better than it looks?

Why even include the shit AI? It looked like COD bots on recruit difficulty ie. not fun. Might as well have put cardboard cutouts out to shoot.

Graphics are serviceable, but there is a lot of jank going on with mech animations and explosions. Hopefully sorted out for release.

Majanew

Banned
Sad that not even this big title can hit 1080p on Xbox One -- especially with how weak the graphics are. Speaks volumes about the struggle getting games to 1080p on the system.

Okay, I'm officially hyped for this game. It looks pretty fuckin' awesome, especially in the GiantBomb videos.

Question for those that know, what the hell is up with that auto-aim pistol? What type of foolery is this?

Sad that not even this big title can hit 1080p on Xbox One -- especially with how weak the graphics are. Speaks volumes about the struggle getting games to 1080p on the system.

Respawn/IW have always been more about 60fps then some resolution number. I dont think this game being 720p or whatever it winds up as has anything to do with the console itself. I

I've caught Titanfall Fever. Just hoping if I get a beta I get it the 15th instead of the 14th. If it comes on the 14th, its gonna be an interesting V-Day

KOHIPEET

Never thought you could actually "spray" with a sniper. Kinda dissapointing to me but still hoping to get into the beta. Playing it might change my mind.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I played the beta (alpha?) on my roommate's Xbox One when it happened a few months ago. Seems like a fun enough game but I don't know how engaging it will be for someone who doesn't like COD-like games. I will say that my roommate was getting sick of Battlefield 4 due to constantly getting killed from a hundred different directions, but he really enjoyed Titanfall.

I'm not a fan of online FPS in general so I just thought it was OK.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well that's funny, according to Jeff from Giant Bomb, the PCs set for the PC versions of the Beta were set to display 720p. He had to go in the settings and set it to 1080p himself.

Bsigg12

Okay, I'm officially hyped for this game. It looks pretty fuckin' awesome, especially in the GiantBomb videos.

Question for those that know, what the hell is up with that auto-aim pistol? What type of foolery is this?

It's considered a short range weapon. The lockon is easy to break in tight spaces if you duck around a corner. It's not overpowered at all and from what I've used of it, it's more for killing grunts in attrition then anything.

Kureransu

Looks fun, but it is what everyone said. COD with mechs

I actually feel like its a proper evolution of call of duty. I honestly think this could have been call of duty:future soldier so to speak. It kinda makes you wonder if those guys wanted to do the next call of duty in this manner, but were prevented from doing so since it could be viewed as too radical a change. I've been burnt out on COD for a while, but the addition of new movement mechanics along with the titans is enough for me to at least try out.

T.O.P

Banned
This comment on EG gave me a good laugh

What am I watching ? What am I playing ? How many pixels ? How many frames per second ? Someone count them, please! Is it good ? Is it bad ? Do I like it ? Am I suppose to like it ? Can I hate it ? Who are we rooting for now ?

Weird generation this one is.

so much truth is kinda sad

system11

Looks better than I expected, not a fan of the moon boots jumping around stuff but the rest looks nice. It was clever to get the map to make sense for soldiers and Titans, not too many low structures.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well they are likely targeting a *solid* 60fps. Not a variable 40-60 with a 50fps average, but a constant 60fps. Its not totally unexpected that this isn't 1080p, although if they can get closer to 900p, it'd be great for Xbox One players.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Wait, there's only one Titan in the beta? I hope that's faulty info, because that's a huge issue for me.

My big concern about this game has always been how it will be balanced, mainly because this team's last game (MW2) had a bunch of glaring game balance issues that ended up ruining what was otherwise a pretty cool game for myself and all of my friends (Pro versions of perks, Commando knife lunges, and the entire design of the Killstreak system immediately come to mind as bafflingly imbalanced). They need to prove to me that they can properly balance a MP game again, and having a beta where all the Titans, perks, weapons, and customization options were available would sufficiently ease my mind.

If the heavy Titan has some crazy powerful weaponry or if the quick Titan is as mobile or moreso than a pilot, that would fundamentally change the way the final game is played for everyone versus what everyone has played so far and will play in the beta. But if they're not going to even include something as fundamental to the core gameplay as the two other Titans, then what other potentially unbalanced elements are they keeping out of the beta?

I was hoping (actually presuming) that the beta would be equivalent to the final game as far as customization goes so they could collect data to tune the final game, in addition to it being so close to launch. I was hoping that I could have a few days with the PC beta and determine if the game was deep enough and was well-balanced enough for me to enjoy. But if the beta is really missing such core gameplay features, then I guess my only option, if I even feel like doing it by then, is to depend on Origin's refund system by buying it and then playing enough to make a decision to keep or give back within 24 hours.

n!smo

Neo Member
Disappointing visuals. Maybe it´s youtube, but everything has a washed-out-look. Definitely not buying xbone for that game.
Nonetheless, looks fun. I will get it on 360. Hopefully they will one-up graphics in Titanfall 2.

Raide

Well that's funny, according to Jeff from Giant Bomb, the PCs set for the PC versions of the Beta were set to display 720p. He had to go in the settings and set it to 1080p himself.

Other way around. He said the systems were set to 1080p and he had to down it to 720p because that is how they capture the footage.

AzerPhire

Not the PC version but the XB1 version. In order to do their video capture they had to turn the resolution down from 1080p to 720p.

Looks ok. Still COD with mechs by the looks of it. I've tried to see the differences, but I haven't yet. I'd like to get my hands on it to try it out...maybe it feels better than it looks?

Why even include the shit AI? It looked like COD bots on recruit difficulty ie. not fun. Might as well have put cardboard cutouts out to shoot.

Graphics are serviceable, but there is a lot of jank going on with mech animations and explosions. Hopefully sorted out for release.

Please keep trying. I'm sure you'll succeed.

noobasuar

Banned
This game will live and die based on the map designs, weapon balance, movement speed, etc. basically the things that propell a FPS or pretty much any game to excel. So far I like what I'm seeing and I feel like this is the right step for respawn after COd4 which was the best COD.

Not surprised to see people going 'lol cod with mechs" though. Gameplay design is not something most of gaf is familiar with. That was quite evident after the twenty page bitch thread on how this is 6 v 6. Sadly gaf is made up of a bunch of casuals.

Top Bottom