• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall has maximum player count of 12 (alongside AI) [Respawn comments post #558]

Synth

Oh wow I knew you were those type of guys exactly the same sort of thing I get in my messeges after I have just wiped the floor with bitter people like you two.I can't help how good I am and I never ever cheat.And the thing is if I do have a bad game at whatever I am playing at the time I accept it and do better next time.What I don't do is go a forums moaning and bitching like a massive baby.

Titanfall is gonna be no different for people like you , you will still get beat and you will still find someway to make out its' not fair.

Here I was thinking to myself "well, there's not really any way for this thread to get any worse"... and yet, here we are. Amazing.

Why? They re-appropriated those same resources that would have gone into, yet another, garbage single player campaign into more multiplayer maps and features.

A lot of people play the campaigns and believe it or not some people never touch the MP. But I think the issue people have with this game goes deeper than player count or MP only. The big elephant in the room is the game not coming to all platforms. People are still unhappy about that even though they won't admit it or act like they have no interest in playing the game.

Interfectum

Oh wow I knew you were those type of guys exactly the same sort of thing I get in my messeges after I have just wiped the floor with bitter people like you two.I can't help how good I am and I never ever cheat.And the thing is if I do have a bad game at whatever I am playing at the time I accept it and do better next time.What I don't do is go a forums moaning and bitching like a massive baby.

Titanfall is gonna be no different for people like you , you will still get beat and you will still find someway to make out its' not fair.

This reads like a parody.

Synth

A lot of people play the campaigns and believe it or not some people never touch the MP. But I think the issue people have with this game goes deeper than player count or MP only. The big elephant in the room is the game not coming to all platforms. People are still unhappy about that even though they won't admit it or act like they have no interest in playing the game.

If someone doesn't play multiplayer, then this game isn't for them really... I don't see the point in complaining about the lack of a mode in a new franchise, it's not like it was pulled out from a previous iteration or anything.

That's like me walking into MMO thread and complaining about the lack of single player. You're asking for a different game at that point.

I agree though, I definitely think the game not coming to certain platforms is driving a decent number of these posts. Which is a little sad to be honest.

Must be some pretty small maps with a count that low.

You have to consider that you are a lot more mobile than in most FPS games. Think of it like comparing a level on Mario 64, to one in Sonic Adventure 2. The levels will probably need to be a bit bigger to account for the increased traversal.

Utnac

Banned
Well that's put a massive dent in my interest, I want a BIG game, there's more than enough arena shooters on the market already.

That's like saying Dota 2 has more than 10 characters on the map because there are also creeps.
It's not like we haven't seen it in action. Watch the either of the gameplay demos they've shown. Do they look sparsely populated? Is there not enough action going on? A lot of those soldiers are AI.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I kinda have that feeling as well. Since the 360 version is from another team, I can see it getting delayed a month or two, just to give the Xbox One and PC breathing space. Hell, I even think the PC version will get delayed too.

EA would essentially be sacrificing Origin sales to allow the XB1 to get more attention.

No way in hell that's happening.

Well that's put a massive dent in my interest, I want a BIG game, there's more than enough arena shooters on the market already.

There is a place for arena shooters and perhaps this will buck the trend a little. I am taking a wait and see approach before I draw a line in the sand and refuse to walk over it.

Honestly I am psyched for this game, and I am not even a little disappointed with the smaller team sizes.

Raide

EA would essentially be sacrificing Origin sales to allow the XB1 to get more attention.

No way in hell that's happening.

I dunno, I see the 360 and Xbox One version of the game selling way more than the PC version. Probably because its EA and Origin and that combo is currently all over the place for many gamers.

Fatmanp

Proper competitive FPS games on PC and console i.e CS, Halo and COD only work with smaller team sizes. It is impossible to get a team of 16 together for a Clan rush tourney on Battlefield and it would be the same way on Titanfall.

I am also pleased because it means the game will be targeted towards team work and competition instead of ZOMGS 4 MILE SNIPEZORZ.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I dunno, I see the 360 and Xbox One version of the game selling way more than the PC version. Probably because its EA and Origin and that combo is currently all over the place for many gamers.

It will be 360>PC>XB1 in terms of sales for sure.

Gutted its not being released on the ps4, But since its only 6v6 I might aswell get it for the 360 as im used to that on current gen anyway.

I just love the mayhem in B4 32v32.....all real players really adds to the experience but i'll take the mans word for it.

tci

Proper competitive FPS games on PC and console i.e CS, Halo and COD only work with smaller team sizes. It is impossible to get a team of 16 together for a Clan rush tourney on Battlefield and it would be the same way on Titanfall.

I am also pleased because it means the game will be targeted towards team work and competition instead of ZOMGS 4 MILE SNIPEZORZ.
That is correct. I also hope this game have a proper spectator mode and also some recording features. The fps games today have so terrible features for those watching. Even CS had better, 15 years ago...

fade_

I don't get how they can say they striked the right balance of players but then add AI bots...couldn't those bots be players as well?

Sojgat

Well you sounded pretty confident there are going to be drastically different games. I'll go out on a limb here and say the games will be identical, barring enhanced visuals on the Xbox One.

The core game play experience, you know the experience everyone is raving about that makes it so much fun, is going to be the same regardless of platform.

Which is exactly while I'll be playing this on the 360, if MS wanted a system seller they should have payed for it to be exclusive to Xbox One platform.

All we know is that Zampella has said there will be "key differences" on 360, and that It's being made by a different studio, still yet to be named.

I'm not saying it's going to be a completely dissimilar experience, but I really doubt the Xbox One version is being held back by the 360 hardware. I don't expect the versions to be as similar as COD: Ghosts on 360 and Xbox One are, for example.

I don't get how they can say they striked the right balance of players but then add AI bots...couldn't those bots be players as well?
No, they are not meant to be replacements for human players. They're weaker, can't double jump/wall run, can't call in titans. They are by design more like minion creeps in a MOBA though that's not a perfect comparison.

Raide

The right balance for their game design, which is a online MP mode but with elements of SP gameplay in there. Without that its just another shooter.

Synth

It depends on what the AI's purpose is. They may have roles that are undesirable for human players, but important to the flow of the game.

6v6 with a gun that can auto aim and kill 3 people and a ton of dumb AI running around to keep the slot numbers rolling on screen for the casuals.

Sounds like a killer app and competitive FPS to em.

Sneds

That's what I thought but I've since been told that the AI aren't designed to replicate human behaviour. People have made comparisons to the creeps in Dota but I don't know how accurate that is. Respawn are trying something new so it's a good idea to reserve judgement.

Sojgat

The entire stated idea has been to blend SP and MP together into one experience. The "bots" are actually more like enemies you would fight in a SP campaign, they don't have the same abilities as the player controlled pilots.

FStop7

Banned
Unfortunately for you I'm a run and gunner with lightning reflexes , I'm a good sniper don't get me wrong but I don't bother with it because it bores me.I would rather be dropshotting your crappy ass and making you throw down your pad in rage.

This post powered by Game Fuel™

b0neshank

Banned
6vs6? Really. Took what little interest I had in this title (do not own a Xbox One or plan to get one) and dropped it to zero interest. 10vs10 should have been the absolute bare minimum.

Az

The most fun I ever had playing MP was 6v6 so this is good news to me. I'll probably have an xbone by then.

6 vs 6 is perfect. Playing BF4 last night I was reminded of how useless I feel in games of that size. There is also a better sense of community in smaller group sizes. I can't wait for this game.

jet1911

6vs6? Really. Took what little interest I had in this title (do not own a Xbox One or plan to get one) and dropped it to zero interest. 10vs10 should have been the absolute bare minimum.

So you'll never play a multi game with less then 10vs10 players?

Grief.exe

"And FYI, for amount of stuff happening at once in a map you'll be hard pressed to find a game that keeps the action higher. I literally have to stop playing every few rounds because my heart just can't take it some times."

The maps must be really damn small if the guys heart couldnt take a 6v6 battle due to all the action....... take is cheap, i want to see this in action myself... honestly im shocked at 6v6 limit.. doesnt mean it cant be fun though..

Who knows really ?, the game could turn out great, and a nice change of pace if all you play is BF 64 player matches.

Literally every trailer Respawn has released thus far is pure gameplay.

Depends on each player, I prefer a slower game where everyone takes their time to advance a position and check every corner instead of running wildly shooting and dying every 5 seconds.

Ogimachi

6v6 is a joke, this isn't a Splinter Cell style game and it's on next gen. I'll buy it for $20 on Origin if people on the PC still give a crap about it by then.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I wonder if the AI can control and destroy objectives and shit like in a MOBA game. Which would make them pretty important to take out. And that, in turn, would direct traffic from the human players around these AI creepers and would keep the action pretty constant. It might actually be a really incredible blend of the two genres.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Are game developers allowed to have their own quotes on the back of the box?

Works for books.

8C9238029-131001-burgundy-bookblocks_desktop_small.jpg

Skeff

Wow it's 6v6 people, there's mechs too and other AI, Maps are designed around this size of encounter and it seems to be fun. You shouldn't base your viewpoints on something so arbitrary as 6 human players per side. Personally I'm not into the game but the pre-judgement based on something like this shouldn't sum up the entire game.

ironcreed

Banned
This only makes me more interested. If there is one thing that turns me off the most about multiplayer, it is a giant chaotic clusterfuck of kill, die, respawn, kill, die, respawn with people running around everywhere shooting you as soon as you move.

zoobler3

Banned
The game is advertised to be epic war-like battle game, especially if it's online versus gameplay. And yet it's hard to make the battle feel epic, when there are only 6 smart friends/enemies, and the rest is just dumb AI drones

because you know all this based on your hands on experience with the game right. Stop clowning around game has been winning awards with less than 10vs10 since E3, if it didnt feel epic, it wouldnt have gained the awards from critics and buzz from gamers.

Grief.exe

it's in game, but i wouldnt call it gameplay + the latest trailer shown was with at least 8 players per team

You are probably mistaking bots for players. If it says militia or has a blue dot over their head, than that is a not.

Unless you are referring to the vgx trailer, which was all bots.

This thread is painful to read.

The first ~15 pages made you want to tear your hair out.

Top Bottom