• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um5GNQ7.png
Shonen Jump set up a site where you can send fan letters to Tite Kubo.
Username
Question/Message
Blue = Edit/Revise
Red = Send

Please be civil. Hope they do a Q&A with these fan letters to clear up some unresolved plot holes.

Jarnet87

it felt good not having to read a chapter this week.

I can't wait to go back in a few years and read/watch up through SS Arc, maybe Hueco Mundo Rescue and forget the rest happened.

What happens to that human female friend of Ichigo and Orhime. The one that likes to fight? Reminded me of Sakura from Street Fighter. Did she ever develop powers and become a hollow?

Strimei

I just hit the Pendulum arc in my reread, and just before it is the Kenpachi/Nnoitora fight.

I totally forgot that Kenpachi's whole "powerup" in the battle is "how about I swing my sword...with BOTH HANDS."

I just hit the Pendulum arc in my reread, and just before it is the Kenpachi/Nnoitora fight.

I totally forgot that Kenpachi's whole "powerup" in the battle is "how about I swing my sword...with BOTH HANDS."

Soul Society arc blew its load, honestly. Kenpachi as a character isn't poorly written (a guy who is insanely strong even without his sword's power), but his loss to Ichigo in this arc was just never going to lead to anything good.

FStubbs

Soul Society arc blew its load, honestly. Kenpachi as a character isn't poorly written (a guy who is insanely strong even without his sword's power), but his loss to Ichigo in this arc was just never going to lead to anything good.

He got away with that one. Kenpachi was screwing around.

Things like that, The Top 3 Espadas jobbing, The Kingdom heart, the Yami 0 twist, all made sense to me reading them as a young teen.

But looking back I can definitively say

Strimei

Kenpachi is a fun character, the sort of unskilled-strong-guy thing, but yeah he just was wasted throughout.

To be fair, swinging a sword with both arms would be stronger, I imagine, but its still so lame as a power up.

Though at least its an upgrade of some sort, unlike Ichigo "Getsuga Tensho EVERYTHING" Kurosaki (does anyone remember he actually got an upgraded form of that for like two chapters in the final arc? I sure forgot!)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
To be fair, swinging a sword with both arms would be stronger, I imagine, but its still so lame as a power up.

I thought "two hands" was one of the best power-ups I've seen in shonen.

No sarcasm. Kenpachi doing what he does best.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Thats a shame. I liked her. Same thing happened to Shino/Tenten from Naruto I think.
Shino is a character that while never getting any real development or story arc has never job bed in either the manga or filler, and so has always remained cool

zashga

I kinda wish they'd have just let Gin kill Aizen and ended the series there.

I didn't mind that one, honestly. It kind of made sense that Kenpachi would be ridiculously stronger if he took things seriously and fought with some modicum of technique.

Village

In reference to rukia thing, I kind of love it. Yeah just because you saved somoene doesn't mean they like you in fact they might have an already previously established relationship with someone else before they met you and want to get back to that person. On the flippedy flip not everyone who saves someone wants in on a romantic relationship with you.
I love rukia ended up with Renji for that exact reason.

I hate that nice guy obligation type shit shit

Shino is a character that while never getting any real development or story arc has never job bed in either the manga or filler, and so has always remained cool

Shino is kind of super nothing though.

Sagroth

Is there gonna be a final databook so we can maybe find the name of Kenpachi's bankai(and what Unohana's actually does also perhaps), as well as what Ichigo's final bankai was supposed to do?

Eusis

In reference to rukia thing, I kind of love it. Yeah just because you saved somoene doesn't mean they like you in fact they might have an already previously established relationship with someone else before they met you and want to get back to that person. On the flippedy flip not everyone who saves someone wants in on a romantic relationship with you.
I love rukia ended up with Renji for that exact reason.

I hate that nice guy obligation type shit shit
I'd rather the logic be that it seemed they had a clear chemistry. Nevermind that Ichigo saved Orihime too but that didn't seem to be a real case of immediate danger from the higher ups (though there were definite issues with the grunts.)

But Ichigo saved Kenpachi too. Should THEY be a couple now?

Village

don't fuckin' act like that wouldn't be great
That sounds amazing.
I'd rather the logic be that it seemed they had a clear chemistry. Nevermind that Ichigo saved Orihime too but that didn't seem to be a real case of immediate danger from the higher ups (though there were definite issues with the grunts.)

But Ichigo saved Kenpachi too. Should THEY be a couple now?

I don't think rukia and ichigo ever had that chemestry at all, they seemed like friends to me.

I never said that orihime should have ended up with ichigo either, Orihime is kind of the worst. There is thing orihime does during the fight is having in the arancar palace that is... what I would describe is " the female character has to be right because reasons, not because she's actually right"
They try to ring emotions out of her, but orihime is strait up in the wrong and her concern makes literally no sense.

Eusis

I don't think rukia and ichigo ever had that chemestry at all, they seemed like friends to me.

I never said that orihime should have ended up with ichigo either, Orihime is kind of the worst. There is thing orihime does during the fight is having in the arancar palace that is... what I would describe is " the female character has to be right because reasons, not because she's actually right"
They try to ring emotions out of her, but orihime is strait up in the wrong and her concern makes literally no sense.
Well, I'd rather people used that as the reason, and they did get closer together than he ever seemed to do with Orihime. But then that was more a comrade type thing even then and seemed mostly non-sexual.

Guess Who

Banned
Ichigo never had sexual chemistry with anyone because as far as Ichigo is ever depicted in the story, he is completely oblivious to how thirsty much of the female cast clearly is for him and probably doesn't know what sex is

Eusis

Ichigo never had sexual chemistry with anyone because as far as Ichigo is ever depicted in the story, he is completely oblivious to how thirsty much of the female cast clearly is for him and probably doesn't know what sex is
Kinda wonder how he wound up with anyone in the end. I guess he had something starting to click with Orihime in the earlier parts of the Fullbring arc, maybe with him not fighting all the time he had the time to go "oh hey maybe I'd like to have a romantic relationship."

Kid Ying

Aww, that's sweet (and sad).

As for Onepiece, it was too kiddy for me and Chopper in particular was an absolute deal breaker. That and the " Omg the next part is sooooo awesome!! Keep watching/reading! You can't stop now!" that I would get from people as I made my way from the beginning of the series to the end of the CP9 arc which was just bizarre to me (and not in a good way).
That's when i also stopped. One piece started fun, but that was for a very short time. Then it was a slog that i went just because of people's promises of getting better. A shame cause i liked some of it's characters.

jstripes

Banned

Plus, we're talking about career choices here.

Rukia wanted to advance up the ranks of the Gotei 13. Ichigo wanted to go back home to the ordinary life he grew up in, maybe go to school to study marine biology.

Shipping overlooks details like that.

Fularu

Banned
Holy crap Bleach ended?

Now I can go back to it and read from the time Ichigo lost his powers up to now I guess.

That's what, 6-7 years worth of reading? I stopped around the same time I stopped One Piece (right after Fish Island which was oh so bad).

Strimei

So in my reread, I just now reached the second battle between Ichigo and Ulquiorra, and I have to give Ichigo credit, he actually did use a sorta different move, for once.

Instead of just firing off a getsuga tensho, he kept it to his sword and hit Ulquiorra with it (for all the good it did). Forgot he did that.

Still, he pretty much reverts to just firing getsuga tensho all the time.

I find that to be an annoying trend in most Shonen Manga in general. Naruto seems like the rare exception, and even then Kishimoto went "lol, swerve" and put him with the character he didn't actually have chemistry with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom