• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU remake narrowly #1 in UK physical charts (sells half of last weeks Saints row)

Majormaxxx

dIiZvEi.jpg

Not for that price bro.
Should have been 69.69 if you know what I mean

Majormaxxx

It seems the price gamble paid off for them.

It's good for the morale of the team that worked on it. So if you guys are reading - congrats on the solid work with the project.

As for ND management or whoever mandated it this way - yes market wise it was a good call, but a cash grab and an FU to loyal customers.

//DEVIL//

From a big dev like naughty dog and greedy bitch ass Sony, I am glad it didn't sell well. It must be shameful for a big name title not to sell much. Maybe this will teach the shitty ass management how to treat their fans properly.

Hope the stocks goes down too.

Airbus Jr

Banned
It seems the price gamble paid off for them.

It's good for the morale of the team that worked on it. So if you guys are reading - congrats on the solid work with the project.

As for ND management or whoever mandated it this way - yes market wise it was a good call, but a cash grab and an FU to loyal customers.
The people who bought this game most likely are Gen Z who havent played the original game

Most of us older gamer who already play this game on ps3/ps4 skiped and rather wait for gow ragnarok

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Half as many as Saints Row? That's... not good.

Sure, we don't know the digital split and all, but selling HALF of a horribly reviewed game, and a franchise with 5% of the prestige that TLOU should have is just horrible.

As I have been saying, not only this remake seemed utterly unecessary, but also the damage that TLOU 2 did on the franchise was gigantic, and its already starting to reflect on the sales of this remake.

I'm actually happy to see Sony getting the backlash it deserves by having butchered this franchise, even if this will sell much more than it should have. Now we wait a few weeks/months to see the extent of the damage that was done to the franchise because of the second entry.

Airbus Jr

Banned
half as many as Saints Row is still about 75% too many
Hey man im not really into this remake either but why so bitter dude?

Seriously some fcked up people around here for some weird reason seems pissed with this news. Go find yourself a new hobby.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Cause a third remake in 10 years at an ever increasing price tag is total loser shit by Sony. It's cynical as fuck, and just complete creative bankruptcy.

They should fail, and badly.
Like i said earlier the people who bought this prob are Gen Z who never played the original game or remaster on ps4

You know kids..teenagers...they are born everyday...cant really blame them for this..

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
TLOU came out 9 years ago and was remastered for the PS4 not too long later and yall expect an unnecessary 70 dollar remake of it to immediately sell gangbusters as opposed to the completely new (even if shitty), multiplatform, 60 dollar game that came out a couple of days ago.

anthony2690

Banned

£80 first party?

£70 multiplatform titles? Where are these people getting their prices.

That being said, I don't think there was much excitement or demand for a 2nd remaster of a very popular and well loved game that I imagine most people with a playstation have already played before once or twice (depending if they double dipped prior)

Sleepwalker

Good to see the consumers speaking with their wallets. Unless a remake was literally done from the ground up, charging full price is ridiculous. Sony could've avoided all this bad press had they just made the game $49.99.
Yeah, nobody really cared about what they did with the legacy of thieves collection. 49.99 and a $10 upgrade path if you previously owned the game.

Wouldve been perfect here too, maybe make the upgrade $19.99 and only for those who purchased the remaster (not got it for free).

akimbo009

Gold Member
Like i said earlier the people who bought this prob are Gen Z who never played the original game or remaster on ps4

You know kids..teenagers...they are born everyday...cant really blame them for this..

Are you serious? They won't play a 4 year old remaster? Get outta here with that weird generation narrative - it's straight up cynical bullshit from Sony.

You were always the first one to post threads titled "80% of all copies sold on PS" or whatever whenever you posted a UK boxed charts thread but now suddenly Saint's Row sold double because it was available on Xbox??? Come on man "pie_tears_joy:
Your post would make more sense if this release wasn't PlayStation 5 only. Saints Row was also released on PS4 and again it had more sales days.

This is the first PS5 only release since ratchet and clank.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Last of us was always the most overrated game ever made tbh
People always go on about overrated this and underrated that, but I don't get it. Who decides if something was rated more or less than it should have been and how do we know what its actual rating should be? Who decides? The people that liked it too much? They people that hated it? What's the objective measure to see the rating a game should have?

Chiggs

Glad to see it charting as number 1, especially with its limited time in release.

It will have legs. And it's not like the UK can even compare to the might and majesty of the US market.

Rac3r

I wonder if Factions will cost £69.99 at launch? I’m hyped for it but I have a feeling it will flop massively if they price it like that.

I think it will be a F2P game on PS and PC. At the very least, it should be free with PS Plus.

Based on the development time, it seems like Sony wants this to be on the level of Apex, Fortnite, Warzone, etc. They'll never get there with a high price barrier.

Last edited:

GHG

It's still the best selling game for the week after a single day of sales being counted and only being on one platform.

But somehow this is being spun as a bad thing? People wanted this to fail so badly that they are inventing failure.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's still the best selling game for the week after a single day of sales being counted and only being on one platform.

But somehow this is being spun as a bad thing? People wanted this to fail so badly that they are inventing failure.
Nah, it's failed. It was always going to be number 1. There isn't another single release to compete with but it barely sold more than half of a critical failure that's buggy as shit and been getting panned online.

It's embarrassing for Sony and naughty dog but exactly what it deserved at 70 pounds. Let us have our win 🏆

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Half as many as Saints Row? That's... not good.

Sure, we don't know the digital split and all, but selling HALF of a horribly reviewed game, and a franchise with 5% of the prestige that TLOU should have is just horrible.

As I have been saying, not only this remake seemed utterly unecessary, but also the damage that TLOU 2 did on the franchise was gigantic, and its already starting to reflect on the sales of this remake.

I'm actually happy to see Sony getting the backlash it deserves by having butchered this franchise, even if this will sell much more than it should have. Now we wait a few weeks/months to see the extent of the damage that was done to the franchise because of the second entry.
Sales threads always have bad takes.

Loxus

Not only that, why would anyone want a game to fail? Especially one that look this good and bugs free.

Regardless of price, this game is meant for those who want the best graphics or never played it before. No reason to keep saying you played the remaster, you don't need this.

I can't remember Demon's Souls Remake getting this amount of hate and it costed the same.

I expected it to be in the top 10 but not no. 1.

Last edited:

GHG

Nah, it's failed. It was always going to be number 1. There isn't another single release to compete with but it barely sold more than half of a critical failure that's buggy as shit and been getting panned online.

It's embarrassing for Sony and naughty dog but exactly what it deserved at 70 pounds. Let us have our win 🏆

Ok, ignore the fact that saints row was a multiplatform game and charted for 3 more days.

But you can have your win if you need it.

Season 3 Good Job GIF by NETFLIX

This ain't chief.

Sorry, I forgot, we need to be outraged when a well put together $70 release tops the charts.

Fucking Jim Ryan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom