• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU: Remastered pre-orders "looking strong"; getting extensive marketing campaign

hawk2025

What they need to do (after the 1st batch of new shots and videos) is release videos and shots of side-by-side comparisons between the PS3 and PS4 versions. Why? So far, the remaster looks no different (to me) compared with the PS3 version. I want them to show the differences so I can finally see what is better about the game (besides 1080p/60fps).

"Other than the massive differences, it looks no different to me"

DieH@rd

Banned
In terms of advertising, expect to see hero Joel’s chiseled features plastered across ad takeovers at Waterloo and other underground stations, “male lifestyle publications,” YouTube and social media.

Why are they not trying to market the game to female population, at least a little?

So, it's confirmed now that the game will run at 60fps? Sorry if I missed this news in an earlier thread. Last I heard they were aiming for it.

viveks86

What they need to do (after the 1st batch of new shots and videos) is release videos and shots of side-by-side comparisons between the PS3 and PS4 versions. Why? So far, the remaster looks no different (to me) compared with the PS3 version. I want them to show the differences so I can finally see what is better (visually speaking) about the game (besides 1080p/60fps).

Doing something like what kojima did would be cool.

cFh0oT5.png

I hate memes, but the Soony one is pretty spot on so far for anything PS4 related from Sony.

Everything is coming soon.

viveks86

Has there been any official comment from Sony or Naughty Dog on these?

Released for Japanese print and posted before they should have. Remember Arne acknowledging this on one of the other threads

EDIT:

@Benny who's the good boy? You're the good boy. Yes you are!

DieH@rd

Banned
If anyone doubts that Remaster will not have significantly better IQ than this...

yorixm.jpg

iqqlrt.jpg

eubhxw.jpg

... then they are in for a rude awakening. Yes, TLOU was technical masterpiece on PS3, but that still does not mean that there was no room left for great improvement. PS4 will be able to provide significantly better IQ, and that's not even counting better models or 60fps rendering.

I see comments like this a lot but I don't know many people that buy things they don't want. If that was the case all new releases in the launch period would sell well.

Yeah, I bought Tomb Raider cause I wanted it, not because there wasn't anything else to play.

I thought I was buying TLOU for the same reason. Weird.

icespide

Banned
If anyone doubts that Remaster will not have significantly better IQ than this...

yorixm.jpg

iqqlrt.jpg

eubhxw.jpg

... then they are in for a rude awakening. Yes, TLOU was technical masterpiece on PS3, but that still does not mean that there was no room left for great improvement. PS4 will be able to provide significantly better IQ, and that's not even counting better models or 60fps rendering.

these shots all look pretty good to me =\

Lemondish

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.

Digital pre-orders just don't make a lick of sense to me.

Pre-loading is the only draw for me. I've stopped feeding into the pre-order craze personally until I play the title in an alpha or beta (like Destiny) or its part of a series I know I enjoy. Everything else I wait on because it's worth it to me to be a smart consumer. Pre-release marketing from publishers just doesn't seem honest enough. I watch streams and visit third party content creators instead.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It didn't sell that well. It was like 150k in NPD. I expect it to be greater with TLOU but not by a whole lot.

TR sold 150K on the XBOne. Not really relevant here. It sold three times that on the PS4. I expect TLOU to do quite well. Probably not a million copies, but for those who missed it on the PS3 (X360 owners for example) it's a chance for them to play a visually sumptuous version of the game.

Pre-loading is the only draw for me. I've stopped feeding into the pre-order craze personally until I play the title in an alpha or beta (like Destiny) or its part of a series I know I enjoy. Everything else I wait on because it's worth it to me to be a smart consumer. Pre-release marketing from publishers just doesn't seem honest enough. I watch streams and visit third party content creators instead.

I could understand the appeal of pre-loading last gen, but with Playgo on PS4, it just doesn't seem particularly worth it or that appealing any more. Not to mention that you can almost always find the game at least £10 cheaper at retail.

icespide

Banned
I could understand the appeal of pre-loading last gen, but with Playgo on PS4, it just doesn't seem particularly worth it or that appealing any more. Not to mention that you can almost always find the game at least £10 cheaper at retail.

playgo is a great idea in theory but so far it has been pretty hit or miss (wolfenstein being the most recent example)

playgo is a great idea in theory but so far it has been pretty hit or miss (wolfenstein being the most recent example)

Huh, I guess it ultimately comes down to how/if a developer uses the Playgo feature?

I'm surprised there were issues though, it installed fairly quickly on the X1 from what I can recall. I popped the disc in, went off to get something to eat and when I came back, it was ready to go.

Varg

Banned
Really looking forward to the multilayer to scratch my SOCOM itch....

Nothing really else interesting me for the the rest the rest of the year for ps4 so this should Def tide me over till the order comes out.

icespide

Banned
Huh, I guess it ultimately comes down to how/if a developer uses the Playgo feature?

I'm surprised there were issues though, it installed fairly quickly on the X1 from what I can recall. I popped the disc in, went off to get something to eat and when I came back, it was ready to go.

ah I was speaking more from downloading the game off of PSN. With Wolfenstein, you could play after downloading about 4gb but you could basically do only the tutorial, and then you were stuck waiting for the rest of the 50gb to download

I don't understand the whole "don't show shit until a few weeks before release" strategy. Hype me up Naughty Dog!

Spy

July and August are wasteland at this point on PS4 to me. This is welcome.
If you're not a PC or Xbox One owner, no way can August be a wasteland.

Full Title
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Metro Redux
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Digital
Hohokum
inFamous: First Light
Minecraft
Road Not Taken
The Swapper

ah I was speaking more from downloading the game off of PSN. With Wolfenstein, you could play after downloading about 4gb but you could basically do only the tutorial, and then you were stuck waiting for the rest of the 50gb to download

Ah, okay.

I'm glad I'm still not on the digital train for the PS4/X1, I can't imagine waiting for 50gb to download. I'd probably lose interest in playing the game at that point.

icespide

Banned
If you're not a PC or Xbox One owner, no way can August be a wasteland.

Full Title
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Metro Redux
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Digital
Hohokum
inFamous: First Light
Minecraft
Road Not Taken
The Swapper

the key phrase of his post was "to me". perhaps none of these games interest him?

Ah, okay.

I'm glad I'm still not on the digital train for the PS4/X1, I can't imagine waiting for 50gb to download. I'd probably lose interest in playing the game at that point.

this is why preloading is awesome :)

Top Bottom