• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in Trump: Teaming up with Sarah Palin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
I've been thinking similarly for a while. The finest comedy writers in the country couldn't have come up with a more absurd, laugh-aloud sequence of events. It's been one absolutely asinine, unpredictable incident after another. If this were a scripted show, my suspension of disbelief would've been shot a loooong time ago - and we might have another 10 months of this man!

If this were a book; I'd probably put it down and fume at how unrealistic the dialogue is:

"They're rapists, drug dealers, and some, I assume, are good people."
"We'll have Mexico pay for a border wall."
"I prefer soldiers who aren't captured."
"Let's stop all Muslim immigration until we figure out what's going on."

And he's a billionaire; he is a caricature of an evil conservative.

Didn't his ratings go up after his anti-Muslim comments?

Yes and the entire world was shocked. This has to be a game to him. I just can't rationalize how bat shit crazy this election cycle pre nomination is.

He is writing a book.

Or working for the Clintons...

Be right back I have to add more aluminum foil to my hat.

sphagnum

Banned
Every election cycle in this country is more ridiculous than the last, but I think Trump/Palin 2016 might be peak hilarity.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Every election cycle in this country is more ridiculous than the last, but I think Trump/Palin 2016 might be peak hilarity.
I don't even know what comedians could do with that. It's just too much. Just scrap The Daily Show all together and show their performances in full length.

Future

The dude is a showman and if he wins will prove that it's truest all about the show. All other candidates aren't all in like he is when it comes to entertainment because they are career politicians and simply aren't capable of it.

One day I'd like to see the "down to business" candidate which focuses nothing on show and everything on painfully smart and direct policy choices with time spent on specifics and details.

Until then, Palin at a trump rally! Woooooooo!

HylianTom

Banned
One day I'd like to see the "down to business" candidate which focuses nothing on show and everything on painfully smart and direct policy choices with time spent on specifics and details.

That's pretty similar to how I wanted Gore to campaign in 2000. And pretty similar to how I wish Hillary were proceeding. They're both incredibly wonky, detail-oriented candidates - and they should embrace it.

SNL had a great sketch about what a possible Al Gore presidency would've looked like. It involved homework for everyone and portrayed him as an efficiency expert of-sorts. It fit his image.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/284729

Perot! Yes! More charts and graphs! ❤️

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why would Trump bring a "loser" on his campaign trail. What a disaster! She's a mess! Not a nice person!!

I'm actually legit surprised this isn't his thinking.

She seems to be the prototypical person he usually points to from the Republican Party of the last 8 years that LOST.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I have to imagine a lot of the Tea Party base is already voting for trump. Not sure what value associating with a politically dead personality would add. It seems like Trump keeps looking for ways to die only to be granted more life in the race. That sort of unbelievable luck can drive a person to ruin.

PBY

Banned
I have to imagine a lot of the Tea Party base is already voting for trump. Not sure what value associating with a politically dead personality would add. It seems like Trump keeps looking for ways to die only to be granted more life in the race. That sort of unbelievable luck can drive a person to ruin.

I wonder if this can sway some Cruz supporters. I have no idea what that demo wants though.

benjipwns

Banned
Reagan also used charts and graphs to sell his policies, in part because he always found it made things easier for him to understand.

So unlike today where Obama goes out and speechifies with maybe a slogan behind him and answers questions on his [X] plan, the only images you get are of the President yet again giving a speech, Reagan would sit in the Oval Office and show a chart of his plan and how it was supposed to work and how it compared to now and how it compared to the Democrats and so on. It's much more effective, and it's what got Perot past all his...eccentricities?

I'm actually legit surprised this isn't his thinking.

She seems to be the prototypical person he usually points to from the Republican Party of the last 8 years that LOST.

Among the republican base almost every single person is a loser. There is almost no one they think highly of at this point.. other than Ted Cruz, but that ship has sailed. She's also not the reason people blame the loss on, or at least not everyone. A lot still blame McCain for being too moderate and too weak in not attacking Obama as much as they wanted.

Trump has to pick somebody and he needs some allies. She fills out almost everything he doesn't bring to the table in regards to what the conservative base wants (Religious, anti-abortion,anti gay marriage, that whole package conservatives in places like Iowa don't see in him). This move is genius by Trump.

Arkeband

Banned
Reagan also used charts and graphs to sell his policies, in part because he always found it made things easier for him to understand.

So unlike today where Obama goes out and speechifies with maybe a slogan behind him and answers questions on his [X] plan, the only images you get are of the President yet again giving a speech, Reagan would sit in the Oval Office and show a chart of his plan and how it was supposed to work and how it compared to now and how it compared to the Democrats and so on. It's much more effective, and it's what got Perot past all his...eccentricities?

It's what Bernie should be doing. People complain that they're being 'lectured', because their ego > the entire country's well-being, but if he were properly lecturing he'd have some visual aids. He actually has used charts in some of his more famous YouTube clips where he's taking on military spending and whatnot. The difference then is that he was just a spitfire independent that everyone could casually ignore since he's not part of either club.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Please, I beg of you, political gods.. let her provide the bump needed to finish this all in Iowa.
palindrink.gif

Bing bing bong.. Amen.

I'm not actually sure whether that gif is Sarah Palin or Tina Fey on an SNL sketch

Savitar

Nothing stops the crazy train, and they'd likely believe her to be a good counter to Hilary. I mean, imagine all the times you can hear how Benzai is due to her from Palin!

No way. Tea Partiers are diehard Cruz. He's the epitome of Tea Party.

RDreamer

I dunno. My dad's a hard core tea party conservative and he fucking hates Trump but loves Palin. I doubt Palin would swing him to Trump, though it might make it a bit easier for him to vote that way when it comes to the general election.

Blader

This reminds me, I flipped out when I heard that the SOTU broadcasts don't include any of the charts or visualizations that the White House stream uses. That goes a long way in strengthening whatever point or new measure of success Obama is promoting. It's one to thing say the deficit has shrunk every quarter or jobs have been added every quarter, but it's another entirely to actually see those trends spread out over an easy to understand trend.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Good to se Trump ensuring he gets the best minds in his administration to make sure his own weaknesses are augmented.

mnannola

What I would give to see a Hillary vs Palin debate. Probably a .002 percent chance of happening but it would be glorious.

Then the LORD will appear over them, and his arrow will go forth like lightning; the Lord GOD will sound the trumpet and will march forth in the whirlwinds of the south.

It has recently been discovered that there has been a translation error in the Bible, the word trumpet is actually the word Trump

Lisa Ann needs to come out of retirement. Coincidentally, Ron Jeremy needs to dye his hair blonde.

I'd pay good money for that.

But yeah, probably just an endorsement.

Not surprising at this point. I'm sure it is her, but she is terrible, so I don't think this would help Trump any.

It would help Trump immensely in the Republican race. Palin still has huge tea party support, which just so happens to be Ted Cruz's base. If Trump can lure a portion of those votes over to him the nomination would be a cake walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom