• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in Trump: Teaming up with Sarah Palin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I dunno. My dad's a hard core tea party conservative and he fucking hates Trump but loves Palin. I doubt Palin would swing him to Trump, though it might make it a bit easier for him to vote that way when it comes to the general election.

I honestly don't get why someone who likes the tea party wouldn't like Trump.

No way. Tea Partiers are diehard Cruz. He's the epitome of Tea Party.

So weird. Its almost like something really weird happened when Trump came into the race and became an exaggerated version of their party's ideals. Cruz had to then align himself with the extremism of Trump to recoup the shifting constituency. Now it seems like Cruz's remaining constituency may fall into Trumps gravity well.

Ogodei

She would actually fit as a running mate for him. I've long been wondering about who he would pick, someone who taps into the same know-nothing zeitgeist.

I was long betting on Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Phoenix, but there's still a good possibility the feds could get something to stick to him, and Trump's smart enough to want to avoid that heat. Palin fits the profile, but is a "loser" and a "quitter" and you have to wonder if Trump would want to associate his brand with such.

Who else would fit? Someone known for "telling it like it is" but who doesn't have potential fed heat coming. Steve King or Louie Gohmert?

Downhome

She would actually fit as a running mate for him. I've long been wondering about who he would pick, someone who taps into the same know-nothing zeitgeist.

I was long betting on Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Phoenix, but there's still a good possibility the feds could get something to stick to him, and Trump's smart enough to want to avoid that heat. Palin fits the profile, but is a "loser" and a "quitter" and you have to wonder if Trump would want to associate his brand with such.

Who else would fit? Someone known for "telling it like it is" but who doesn't have potential fed heat coming. Steve King or Louie Gohmert?

Over the last 24-48 hours, a very strong name going around has been Scott Brown.

I don't think it will be anyone currently running for the nomination. I think they have all been ruined, too much for Trump to pick any of them. The only one I could see as a remote possibility would be Kasich, but I don't think he would take it anyway.

We need a title change! Palin/Trump/Cruz all going at it the weeks leading up to Iowa is just a political comedy wet dream. I need another Game Change movie of this.

PBY

Banned
Over the last 24-48 hours, a very strong name going around has been Scott Brown.

I don't think it will be anyone currently running for the nomination. I think they have all been ruined, too much for Trump to pick any of them. The only one I could see as a remote possibility would be Kasich, but I don't think he would take it anyway.

Trump x Jeb would be everything to me.

I know it can't happen. But pls.

johnsmith

remember me
Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz – Verified account ‏@tedcruz

I love @SarahPalinUSA Without her support, I wouldn't be in the Senate. Regardless of what she does in 2016, I will always be a big fan.

Such a simp

rjinaz

Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz – Verified account ‏@tedcruz

I love @SarahPalinUSA Without her support, I wouldn't be in the Senate. Regardless of what she does in 2016, I will always be a big fan.

Such a simp

He probably thought the same thing about Trump until that debate.

Misha

Banned
Trump x Jeb would be everything to me.

I know it can't happen. But pls.

giphy.gif

Downhome

I'm not sure if most of you are serious or sarcastic or not on this being huge news.

Because, it is indeed.

I know people who will absolutely back Trump just because of this. Say what you will, but Palin has some diehard supporters out there. This is a worst case scenario for Ted Cruz. This is a far bigger deal than if some of the folks currently running against Trump dropped out tomorrow and instantly backed him. Just watch, after this, you will see more and more people pledge their backing of him now.

danm999

I'm not being sarcastic, this helps Trump in Iowa dramatically.

Of course, it's just another small step that makes a pivot to the centre in the general all that more impossible for Trump.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Americans love Palin, and she was the Trump precursor. People didn't like McCain.

This team will slay it, and there is no way in hell Trump is not getting kicked out of yhe Republican party if he picks Palin as VP.

This will be amazing!

Piggus

Americans love Palin, and she was the Trump precursor. People didn't like McCain.

This team will slay it, and there is no way in hell Trump is not getting kicked out of yhe Republican party if he picks Palin as VP.

This will be amazing!

Americans do not love Palin. The Teabaggers love her, yes. Everyone else thinks she's hateful, crazy, and just downright stupid.

Trump announcing support of John Wayne's daughter in front of a life sized wax model of John Wayne in full cowboy garb and environment is very real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom