• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in Trump: Teaming up with Sarah Palin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Wow, the highly respected Governor of Iowa just stated that "Ted Cruz must be defeated." Big shoker! People do not like Ted.

kcp12304

Banned
enten-datalab-sarahpalin.png

Piggus

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Wow, the highly respected Governor of Iowa just stated that "Ted Cruz must be defeated." Big shoker! People do not like Ted.

I'm shoked that the republican frontrunner has shit spelling. Either that or he's just dumbing himself down for his illiterate supporters.

Blader

I'm not sure if most of you are serious or sarcastic or not on this being huge news.

Because, it is indeed.

I know people who will absolutely back Trump just because of this. Say what you will, but Palin has some diehard supporters out there. This is a worst case scenario for Ted Cruz. This is a far bigger deal than if some of the folks currently running against Trump dropped out tomorrow and instantly backed him. Just watch, after this, you will see more and more people pledge their backing of him now.

If Sarah Palin's support to a presidential candidate was a big enough deal, she would be vice president now.

JaseMath

Conspiracy Theory: How convenient that Donald Trump receives the endorsement of Sarah Palin on National Popcorn Day. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED, AMERICA?!

cameron

”Over the years Palin has actually cultivated a number of relationships in Iowa,” said Craig Robinson, the former executive director of the Republican Party of Iowa and publisher of the website The Iowa Republican. ”There are the Tea Party activists who still think she’s great and a breath of fresh air, but she also did a good job of courting Republican donors in the state,” he added.

Other conservatives said that Ms. Palin serves as a particularly effective shield against Senator Ted Cruz, who is battling Mr. Trump for the lead in Iowa polls by courting the state’s evangelical voters.

“Palin’s brand among evangelicals is as gold as the faucets in Trump tower,” said Ralph Reed, the chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition.

“Endorsements alone don’t guarantee victory, but Palin’s embrace of Trump may turn the fight over the evangelical vote into a war for the soul of the party,” he said.
Interesting in a morbid way. But still, lol.

Blader

I'm scared. I'm starting to think Trump might actually be able to win Iowa. Holy shit. He could sweep the entire calendar now.

I think this + the governor's repudiation of Cruz will clinch it. Trump is sure to win NH, and if he wins Iowa he can ride both into a SC win.

As doomed as Trump must be (should be?!) for the general, the longer this goes on, the greater the sense of dread sets in...

HylianTom

Banned
She inspired good films.

I think this + the governor's repudiation of Cruz will clinch it. Trump is sure to win NH, and if he wins Iowa he can ride both into a SC win.

As doomed as Trump must be (should be?!) for the general, the longer this goes on, the greater the sense of dread sets in...
Think of it as this: we spent much of 2015 laughing and marveling at him. By winning the nomination, The Trump Show is getting renewed for another season. And then he gets cancelled in November.

Buy stock in Con Agra; they make Orville Redenbacher.

Missed this earlier, lol. Only in Iowa is massively-polluting ethanol considered a source of "green energy". Oh, excuse me, "renewable", the GOP catchphrase.
No dread needed at this point. Crazy PR stunts like this only make him more fringe and unappealing to the general public. Inevitability needs to be settling in for the GOP Establishment or it's going to become harder and harder to salvage anything out of this election.

The Clinton camp has to be out of champagne at this point, from all the great moments and gift giving they've already been able to celebrate before a single vote has been cast.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz – Verified account ‏@tedcruz

I love @SarahPalinUSA Without her support, I wouldn't be in the Senate. Regardless of what she does in 2016, I will always be a big fan.

Such a simp

pretty weak response, IMO. he's still trying to do the "Hug them with kindness" thing

Cruz's response is hilarious

He's such a piece of human excrement. I don't like any of the GOP contenders but Cruz is just such a slimy human being.

I'm embarrassed to be of the same species as Ted Cruz.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Endorsement is fine. Running mate would be a mistake for trump imo. Trumps appeal is a thin veneer of credibility. Palin does not have that.

OuterLimits

This is a smart political tactic. Cruz should easily win Iowa, but Trump is trying his best to pull an upset there. If Cruz were to lose Iowa, he is basically finished. Plus this helps Trump fight the Cruz attacks that he is a left wing NY liberal.

Remember Palin campaigned hard to get Cruz elected in his Senate race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom