• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Vice Season 2 - Coming February 8

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Took them damn time. Really liked season 1, can't wait for season 2.

True Detective season 4 this month and Tokyo Vice next? HBO Max is off to a good start this year.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Coming of the finale I'd say this is one of the best shows in recent times.

Season 1 had probably slightly better directing, and was more of a tour around Tokyo nightlife. It however centered alot around Adelstein which I didn't find as interesting as Sato and the Yakuza.

Season 2 however ramps up the pacing, and puts the focus more on the ensemble, and Tozawa who by the way is a fucking perfect villain. The payoff is pretty good i'd say. I liked the series finale.

near

Gold Member
Not sure about where to stream it but the current season just finished, so you're good to binge when you finally find it.
Not sure if it's been licenced here yet. Can't seem to find a broadcaster or streaming service that's distributing it. But at least I know it's out, it'll be a matter of time I suppose. I'm just so glad it got made, I thought it was canned.

Hell yes, I had no idea it was even announced but I know what I'm watching on Max
They sort of didn't advertise it as much, but I did my part by recommending this show and Shogun to my friends as a great weekly back to back experience.

Edit: Also when it comes to shows you like, I recommend everyone set reminders using the phone version of these streaming apps, so that you're never out of the loop when they return. Or use apps like Justwatch or IMDB to do the same.

Catalogues are simply too big and good shows like this can get lost in the rotation especially if the algorithm catches you hate-watching things or watching older shows, as it will slowly convince you that there is no good TV out there.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Took them damn time. Really liked season 1, can't wait for season 2.

True Detective season 4 this month and Tokyo Vice next? HBO Max is off to a good start this year.
marvel-is-it-though.gif

GeekyDad

Hadn't heard of it (or forgot about it), and just checked out the trailer of season 1. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seems ridiculously over-dramatic.

Spyxos

Gold Member
The first season was one of the best television series ever made. They go hard and real on the yakuza and how difficult it is for a foreigner to integrate in Japanese society. It's one of my favorite shows ever because it's so real.

I lived in Japan for a few years.
When I'm done with Shogun, that will probably be my next series.

Top Bottom