• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Just discovered how good the 'nimble' holster is, the healing on it is great and instant unlike predatory and even just a seemingly short distance can heal you a fair bit.

Goodbye bliss holster.

What does the orange pillar of light coming out of completed missions on the map mean?

They are the daily missions. They change everyday.

Just discovered how good the 'nimble' holster is, the healing on it is great and instant unlike predatory and even just a seemingly short distance can heal you a fair bit.

Goodbye bliss holster.

But that requires taking cover, and this isn't a cover based game ;)

fr0st

Banned

Goodbye bliss holster.

have you tried the bliss holster with sentry and the burst pistol with cooleaded? i heard it extremely OP and thats the reason coolheaded was nerfed.

Sp friend and I want to come back.

Can you guys make a good Welcome Back, here is what you need to do guide?

When did you leave?

You don't really need a guide, just jump back in and start playing. Very little was added to base game in terms of content (not counting the dlc stuff), it was mostly a quality of life overhaul.

Patch 1.4 changed that the way a lot of things like enemy scaling, skills, loot drops etc work in the game.

have you tried the bliss holster with sentry and the burst pistol with cooleaded? i heard it extremely OP and thats the reason coolheaded was nerfed.

I would if I ever got one :(

Coolheaded will be nerfed in 1,6 because apparently they are bringing it back on all weapon types.

GazzaGSi

PTS 4 On the way today:

The Public Test Servers will shut down for maintenance on Tuesday, February 7th at 4:30 PM CET / 10:30 AM EST / 7:30 AM PST. Estimated downtime is approximately 2 hours.

During this maintenance we will deploy PTS 4.

No patch notes yet.

PTS 4 update notes...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569816

Edit: Looks like I'll be playing other games...

"Today we are releasing PTS4 for Last Stand and Update 1.6, planned to be the final version of this testing cycle. With it, we are mostly tweaking what we established during the previous phases and we will not be doing any drastic changes in this iteration of the PTS."

...considering what they established wasn't good.

Dunfisch

Man, I'm surprised there's still hackers abound. Figured that with the general playerbase shrinking, these people would move on and get their jollies from elsewhere.

Stumbled upon some guy earlier while farming the DZ for loot for a level 24 alt,
and as I'm about to extract he just appears out of nowhere and oneshots me with an SMG, first bullet and I'm down. Respawn, sneak back, I plant a sticky bomb right into him and detonate. Now at that point it was oneshotting lvl 24 purples in there, so I figured he'd get minced. His healthbar doesn't even move a pixel. Then I see he's DZ level 67 with a 24 character. Given the DZ levelling curve, he can only have been going rogue all the time to gain enough exp for that.

Oh well, I left that instance. No point dealing with such folks.

PTS 4 update notes...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569816

Edit: Looks like I'll be playing other games...

"Today we are releasing PTS4 for Last Stand and Update 1.6, planned to be the final version of this testing cycle. With it, we are mostly tweaking what we established during the previous phases and we will not be doing any drastic changes in this iteration of the PTS."

...considering what they established wasn't good.

I dunno, I wouldn't count them out of doing at least one more PTS. Hamish, Yannick and Matt previously have alluded to a couple more weeks of testing so a PTS 5 isn't out of the question. I really like that they're bringing back critical hit chance on SMGs so I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Odds are that they will have further tweaks and edits between this PTS 4 and the actual release of Last Stand so don't count them out just yet.

I'm just happy SMGs have CHC again. Hopefully they will keep it that way for the whole game in 1.6. I have at least a dozen god roll SMGs in my stash.

Man, I'm surprised there's still hackers abound. Figured that with the general playerbase shrinking, these people would move on and get their jollies from elsewhere.

Stumbled upon some guy earlier while farming the DZ for loot for a level 24 alt,
and as I'm about to extract he just appears out of nowhere and oneshots me with an SMG, first bullet and I'm down. Respawn, sneak back, I plant a sticky bomb right into him and detonate. Now at that point it was oneshotting lvl 24 purples in there, so I figured he'd get minced. His healthbar doesn't even move a pixel. Then I see he's DZ level 67 with a 24 character. Given the DZ levelling curve, he can only have been going rogue all the time to gain enough exp for that.

Oh well, I left that instance. No point dealing with such folks.

You're on PC, right? That sucks. Good thing about consoles is that there's no hacks to be seen anywhere.

Are the PVE patch notes with changes coming later?

That's all I'm interested in knowing but this doesn't sound all that promising...

"...we are mostly tweaking what we established during the previous phases..."

I didn't much care for the significant changes they made to Toughness/Skill Power/Cooldowns through the various PTS builds so the idea of small tweaks (if they are even including PvE in that statement) doesn't exactly do anything to raise my excitement for the 1.6 update.

I'll give 1.6 a run through it's paces as I've enjoyed the game too much to not do so but if it plays like the recent PTS builds then I won't be adapting but rather just not participating while waiting for the inevitable overhaul once again within the next 2-3 months. Actually the latter would be hard to stomach given their constant overhauls since release, new games coming out soon or on the horizon, E3, and Destiny's upcoming major follow-up.

GazzaGSi

Nope, don't think they'll be enough to keep me coming back much longer neither. Reading the first line again:

Today we are releasing PTS4 for Last Stand and Update 1.6, planned to be the final version of this testing cycle.

I guess this means no PTS5? These are the final tweaks and that's it.

This'll certain give the d3fnc set abit of a buff after its huge nerf that's for sure.

I'd rather have it remain how it is in 1.5. There are already many dps sets in the game, D3-FNC was the one actual tanky set and now they have wrecked it.

Also this:

Fixed a bug where your Turret and Seeker Mines would attack your own Support Station when Rogue.

I can't even...

I have about 40 caches in my inventory, between survival, assignment and field proficiency ones... which ones should I keep for 1.6?

Keep the Weekly Assignment caches, the ones that have multiple conditions to earn them. Those are the only ones that will roll over in 1.6 to include a guaranteed exotic.

GazzaGSi

Well that was a boring SOTG.
PTS4 closes tomorrow, no release date for Last Stand/1.6 yet.
About all the info that was on it really other than discussing with Keith the Red Storm guy about the data and statistics that's been coming from PTS.
SVD with DeadEye was mentioned as a string build. That about covers it.

Neverfade

WI1asMZ.jpg

Trying to wrap my head around how stats work. Can someone explain why this would increase my DPS despite losing the 113 firearms stat?

Mullah88

already have all the pieces, so now its striker and tactician? glad the gear score is not being raised, i get to try out all my builds and roll accordingly

Kadin

Trying to wrap my head around how stats work. Can someone explain why this would increase my DPS despite losing the 113 firearms stat?
That looks to be like the typical stat glitches I still seem to encounter way too often. I've had stats look really weird to me, like that, for a good while then while looking again a few mins later, everything is back to what I'd consider normal. And this is while I'm in the BoO so it's not like something is proc'd from my gear. It still baffles me too much and I've been playing off and on since launch.

I wonder if, in your example, it's caused by the increase to Electronics.

Hmm, I haven't been scoped in (R3), just shouldered and getting crits. Should it only worked when full scoped in?

Deadeye's 4 piece only works when your'e scoped in. If it's working from the shoulder then it's broken.

Wouldn't surprise me lol

Check your weapon talent, the boost in electronics is probably making your weapon activate the talent and thus provide higher dps.

The in-game dps stat has never been close to a true indicator of actual dps so don't worry about that.

Neverfade

Check your weapon talent, the boost in electronics is probably making your weapon activate the talent and thus provide higher dps.

The in-game dps stat has never been close to a true indicator of actual dps so don't worry about that.

The talent isn't even active. Huh.

So if the DPS isn't an indicator of a better weapon...what the hell am I looking for? So confused.

GazzaGSi

already have all the pieces, so now its striker and tactician? glad the gear score is not being raised, i get to try out all my builds and roll accordingly

Yeah I'm good to go too, plenty of SMG'S to try out with crit chance, all the exotics with talents I'm actually bothered about and a full stash. Can't believe how much you get from Survival, had 13 caches to open after 1 run today (although it was a 2 hour session).

Deadeye's 4 piece only works when your'e scoped in. If it's working from the shoulder then it's broken.

Wouldn't surprise me lol

Definitely broken then lol, as long as I'm aiming down sights (not scoped with R3) I'm getting crits.

The talent isn't even active. Huh.

So if the DPS isn't an indicator of a better weapon...what the hell am I looking for? So confused.

Base damage on your weapon, weapon talents and weapon mods.

Definitely broken then lol, as long as I'm aiming down sights (not scoped with R3) I'm getting crits.

Are you using a non-scope sight, like red dot or something? That might explain it..

Dead eye should only need shouldering. The change to zoom in scope was stupid as fuck

Yes, it was a poor decision because scoping is horrible on consoles, but it worked well to counter the hip fire 2-shotting that was going on in the game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
what's the best way to make money? i never seem to have more than 10,000 and can't afford a lot of the items. i'm doing every single encounter/side mission.

what's the best way to make money? i never seem to have more than 10,000 and can't afford a lot of the items. i'm doing every single encounter/side mission.

If you're not level 30 yet, don't bother buying anything from the vendors.

Sell everything you don't need, and don't worry about money till you get to level 30.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I just reinstalled this game and got the season pass for PC, if anyone wants to join me I'll be playing this all night. Ubi: PrinceEggTarts

Top Bottom