• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Microsoft is considering bringing Indiana Jones to PS5, several months after the Xbox / PC release as part of new strategy

Dr_Ifto

Man, this shit is so hilarious. I love reading the xbox fans threads on the subject. I for one will wait for Indiana Jones to be on PS+ inevitably. The 1st person is a turn off to me.

nial

Gold Member
ffs I need to do some work today but this is too entertaining
It's all fucking gold.
rAMyEnU.jpg
P0J3I6W.jpg

Last edited:

Humdinger

Show me ONE single post that has said that.

I wouldn't say "Xbox first party are good now," but I am pleased that some of their first-party games are perhaps coming to PS5 -- Indiana Jones, Hellblade II, that Clockwork game, the new Fable ... way down the road, Elder Scrolls VI.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I wouldn't say "Xbox first party are good now," but I am pleased that some of their first-party games are perhaps coming to PS5. Indiana Jones, Hellblade II, the new Fable ... and way down the road, Elder Scrolls VI.
Ironically, these are all the games that were already in production before Xbox purchased these studios and that would have been released on PlayStation anyway if Xbox hadn't purchased those studios mid-production.

Humdinger

Ironically, these are all the games that were already in production before Xbox purchased these studios and that would have been released on PlayStation anyway if Xbox hadn't purchased those studios mid-production.

True. Not Fable, though, correct? And I suppose I wouldn't mind the Master Chief Collection showing up, either.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
It's funny, while MS and Sony are fighting over the first place in console war, Nintendo assured them a place with unique hardware and great games on the side.
Eh, the 1st place fight has actually been with Nintendo and PlayStation. Xbox is the kid wearing steel toe boots trying to catch the top two wearing their best running shoes in a relay race!

Last edited:

Bry0

• Tim has heard that Call of Duty may not be coming to game pass.
  • Hardware sales have not met the projected sales and the CFO got spooked.
  • In the last three months of last year, they had consoles for $350 and no one cared.
  • Xbox One was more wanted than Series consoles.
  • They said the hardware is dead, and they are seeing declines in hardware year over year.
  • Game pass is unsustainable; the market they have is not enough to offset the cost.
  • Tim heard from someone at Microsoft that you may not like Xbox when they get Activision. They want ROI.
  • He heard that Xbox has an insane showcase with tons of games, but everyone is going to be saying asterisks.
  • The leaks happened because a Microsoft employee who didn't want this to happen leaked it, so there would be a public outcry.
  • Microsoft now has no problem buying more companies in the future if all games go to all platforms.
  • Tim thinks they will go all-digital, with ads on game pass (pre-roll or at the end of a chapter e.g. Like a Dragon) and AI community managers.

This sounds like hell. This is Microsoft in its full form, unimpeded from the suits. AI community managers and game pass ads. Welcome back Micro$oft

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Did you expect this? I think I heard you say this was unlikely, were insiders privy of this?
I have brought it up from time to time here that Phil has tried to get MS MP games and even Gamepass onto Playstation but had to back off because I guess I got reported too much for console warring

So none of this surprises me and contrary to what many think with how hardware sales have been even going back to last gen its something Phil wanted and I think its just to sell more games and hopefully eventually subs on PS

Shareholders want one thing, money and if the powers that be think selling games on PS makes them more money thats all they care about

They for sure don't care about the Timdogs of the world going through a mental crisis over this

Eh, the 1st place fight has actually been with Nintendo and PlayStation. Xbox is the kid wearing steel toe boots trying to catch the top two wearing their best running shoes in a relay race!

Nintendo lost against PlayStation. They came out with a hybrid after the WiiU failed.

DaGwaphics

I have brought it up from time to time here that Phil has tried to get MS MP games and even Gamepass onto Playstation but had to back off because I guess I got reported too much for console warring

So none of this surprises me and contrary to what many think with how hardware sales have been even going back to last gen its something Phil wanted and I think its just to sell more games and hopefully eventually subs on PS

Shareholders want one thing, money and if the powers that be think selling games on PS makes them more money thats all they care about

They for sure don't care about the Timdogs of the world going through a mental crisis over this

It will be one for the history books if in a few years from now the results are that they took a $16b gaming business and bought a $9b business for an end result of a combined entity doing 11-$12b. 🤷‍♂️

Just wow, if that's the way it works out.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I would love if Sony made some big changes, they can start with removing the additional PS+ tiers.

I would also like to see all of PS+ go, along with paid online subs but that’s probably a bridge too far at this point.

So you want Sony to stop making big time money, AFTER MS is about to go 3rd party?

//DEVIL//

Sloppy seconds and you have to pay more? Oof
Eh. Now u know why Sony games no longer sell that good on PC.

We gave Sony a bone with spider man and god of war. Telling them we can buy your games. But do proper release. They started giving up shit games and sack boy. Now every game they release it sell less and less than the one before it.

Shit companies only learn the hard way. These Japanese people at Sony think we are retards or something

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Eh. Now u know why Sony games no longer sell that good on PC.

We gave Sony a bone with spider man and god of war. Telling them we can buy your games. But do proper release. They started giving up shit games and sack boy. Now every game they release it sell less and less than the one before it.

Shit companies only learn the hard way. Those Japanese people think we are retards or something

Yeah, I am interested in Horizon but it released at full price on Steam. I'll just wait for a sale since I waited this long already.

Ozzie666

Is this guy real or some A.I made by Microsoft.

Colt dropped a new video today, I generally avoid him but watched this one. His recent video seems entirely different than normal, actually saying some things against Microsoft. Way different tone.
Has he gone rogue? the checks stopped coming? or is this Microsoft scripts?

The Xbox vs Microsoft internal fighting sounds a lot like Sega Japan and Sega America.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They are intentionally just putting feelers out there, doing these controlled leaks, to create a cushion for themselves and craft their messaging as well.

There is also a strong possibility that they leak more than what they intend to do at this stage. For example, Microsoft leaks that Indiana Jones is also coming to PS5 this year. Then when Microsoft announces that Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are coming to PlayStation, they refute the Indiana Jones rumor and say something like "Indiana Jones is not coming to PS5 this year. Those rumors are wrong."

That will give Xbox fans a (fake) sense of relief, and that'll make it easier for them to accept Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves going multiplatform, as in "phew, at least it is not Indiana Jones as well!"

Classic consumer psychology manipulation 101.

Dj Khaled Compliment GIF

Top Bottom