• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Microsoft is considering bringing Indiana Jones to PS5, several months after the Xbox / PC release as part of new strategy

Actually no.

They had access to figures and they basically predicted that this outcome would happen on ABK games. That's why they said there's no incentive for foreclosure on ABK games (because then Microsoft loses its shirt).
yeah they didn't drive through scenarios, but they were saying based on this data, it doesn't make sense with MSs current models in place.,

Zheph

It's funny, while MS and Sony are fighting over the first place in console war, Nintendo assured them a place with unique hardware and great games on the side.
uh? the fight has been won a while ago, that's why we are talking about this now

demigod

vFk5le8.jpg

Digital blood guys, digital blood.

This is serious.
Not buying games and praising gamepass, its never their fault and always someone else to blame.

tusharngf

• Tim has heard that Call of Duty may not be coming to game pass.
  • Hardware sales have not met the projected sales and the CFO got spooked.
  • In the last three months of last year, they had consoles for $350 and no one cared.
  • Xbox One was more wanted than Series consoles.
  • They said the hardware is dead, and they are seeing declines in hardware year over year.
  • Game pass is unsustainable; the market they have is not enough to offset the cost.
  • Tim heard from someone at Microsoft that you may not like Xbox when they get Activision. They want ROI.
  • He heard that Xbox has an insane showcase with tons of games, but everyone is going to be saying asterisks.
  • The leaks happened because a Microsoft employee who didn't want this to happen leaked it, so there would be a public outcry.
  • Microsoft now has no problem buying more companies in the future if all games go to all platforms.
  • Tim thinks they will go all-digital, with ads on game pass (pre-roll or at the end of a chapter e.g. Like a Dragon) and AI community managers.

Mr.Phoenix

They cheered as MS spent almost $80B in acquisitions and heralded it as the most aggressive and competitive push MS could make in gaming. All the while backed by the most powerful console ever made.

Now they face the reality of what a company needs to do for their ROI.

At this point, too many of these very specific rumors have been making the rounds that its hard to imagine they aren't legit. I almost feel that these are controlled leaks; being done to desensitize everyone so it doesn't look or sound that bad when it's made official. Or in a diabolical twist, maybe MS figured out the best way to make people care about their games is if they spread rumors of them maybe coming to the PS5. Then when they don't they hope people would agrily go buy an Xbox or sub to gamepass on PC instead.

Humdinger

What is the incentive to even buy a Xbox if this happens?

Some people are saying, "Gamepass," meaning you can save money by renting, rather than buying the games for PS5. That doesn't seem like a very powerful reason to me, but it could be to some, I suppose.

I don't think ive seen a single person expressing happiness due to being able to play one of these games now, every post just seems to be laughing at their incompetence

I'm happy to hear about Indy possibly coming to the PS5. It looks like a good game and one that I'd probably enjoy.

DJ12

They will make so much bank but I didn't see Microsoft accepting a 30 percent platform cut. I guess they finally reached fuck it.
Look, admit that starfield and forza are garbage.

If they release in this state on ps5, they'll sell worse than they did on xbox

Microsoft don't have any bargaining power with Sony now, it's joever.

If Sony don't get their 30% ms don't release their games on PlayStation, ms go back to not making any of that playstation money.

Why shouldn't MS reward Sony for making a console that allows them to sell games.

70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Last edited:

Shane89

well that's the only way to make developers gain some money, since all xbox / pc users is getting it free with GamePass LOL

DarthPutin

I guess all those queasy stomachs will be fine with the first person view now :lollipop_baby_angel:
I hate 1st person, but it's perfect for VR. It was always sad that MS of all publishers makes so much potential VR fodder yet no VR support on XBOX. Maaaaybe now there's a chance.

I.e. Avowed looks shitty for traditional game, but in VR it would be among the better looking. Sony should pay them. They don't have enough VR stuff.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
They are not maximizing revenue by not going 3rd party.

The only way this works is if the console is compelling enough to sell a certain number and keep those games exclusive.

I think we can all see the problem here, but I think only some can see the solution.

Top Bottom