• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

I can't wait to play this :)

iU60u4mlSwv6Y.gif

Damn! That is brutal. That's like some Leon Kennedy chainsaw shit right there.

Skilletor

The way Conan O' Brian plays games is the only way I want to play games.

I watched his review of Tomb Raider and it was so great. He approaches it as an outsider, so he's able to pick up on all the stuff that regular games have become used to. Those annoying mechanics, the convenient bins to hide bodies (Hitman Absolution) are all very obvious to his sensibilities. Hell, even the violence is too much for him.

Anyway, on another note, I hate the visual quality of this game. There's just something muddled about it, like they added a grain filter so you can't see how low res all the textures are.

I'm looking forward to seeing the PC version. Has there been any footage of that version yet?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
how is it scoring so well, shouldn't she be dead from getting impaled like that?
I find it funny people go on about the death scenes yet every Tomb Raider fan has thrown Lara off a cliff to her death on purpose, even into spikes
It pretty normal for Tomb Raider

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm looking forward to seeing the PC version. Has there been any footage of that version yet?

Not that I'm aware of. AMD unveiled the "top-secret" DX11 effect, TressFX, with only a handful of screenshots rather than in-game footage.

Edit: Beaten.

Wii Tank

I'm actually really excited for this game, and it's my first Tomb Raider too. I never cared for the series, but after trying it out at PAX Prime I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm hoping the new hair effects will work on nVidia cards. They look really nice

I think I'm most excited for this game after The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V. Something about its vibe just strikes the right chord for me. I feel like it's a game that was made for me. Survival situation, desperate horror overtones, mysterious island, murderous cult, hints of the supernatural, motherfucking bow, ancient cultures, protagonist that starts out green and becomes a badass. It works for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Images fixed. HUGE thanks to Diamond!
Also thanks to Andrew. for the thread title. I'll put it in the OP!

Squire

Banned
I think I'm most excited for this game after The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V. Something about its vibe just strikes the right chord for me. I feel like it's a game that was made for me. Survival situation, desperate horror overtones, mysterious island, murderous cult, hints of the supernatural, motherfucking bow, ancient cultures, protagonist that starts out green and becomes a badass. It works for me.

DukeBobby

Agreed.

I'm hoping this and Bioshock Infinite can tide me over until The Last of Us.

Im so hyped for this and great OT. How long is the story mode suppose to be?

10-15 hours for the story. About 20 hours to finish finding the collectibles.

Toa TAK

Banned
The OT looks great! Great job to everyone involved. The title rocks, too.

I'm looking forward to this game, hoping to pick it up next week.

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
Holy shit the violence in this game makes me really uncomformtable. First time this has ever happened to me.

YES!!!

Can't wait for the best Rambo game ever

Now the first time you kill somebody, that's the hardest. I don't give a shit if you're fuckin' Wyatt Earp or Jack the Ripper. Remember that guy in Texas? The guy up in that fuckin' tower that killed all them people? I'll bet you green money that first little black dot he took a bead on, that was the bitch of the bunch. First one is tough, no fuckin' foolin'. The second one... the second one ain't no fuckin' Mardis Gras either, but it's better than the first one 'cause you still feel the same thing, y'know... except it's more diluted, y'know it's... it's better. I threw up on the first one, you believe that? Then the third one... the third one is easy, you level right off. It's no problem. Now... shit... now I do it just to watch their fuckin' expression change.

y9s34Pq.jpg

Fredrik

Thanks for killing the hype :( I love Tomb Raider but seeing that impaling gif made me not want to play the game at all. Can't deal with that type of detail in violence. :(

Thanks for killing the hype :( I love Tomb Raider but seeing that impaling gif made me not want to play the game at all. Can't deal with that type of detail in violence. :(

Yeah, I got a friend that won't play TR because of the deaths. Not even the original one with all of the bone breaking and impale deaths let alone this one.

I've got another friend that loves violence so much that she'll probably watch the death scenes on youtube and bookmark the link.

Dahbomb

Really surprised that people are taken a back by the violence in the game. I mean especially on GAF of all places.

I guess after stuff like Manhunt, NG2, GoW, RE, MK nothing really shocks me anymore.

Top Bottom