• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - First details/screens, PS4/XB1/PS3/360 (Robomodo)

Blues1990

No Wii U or PC, huh? Bit odd, especially since the Guitar Hero reboot was on everything, but cross gen isn't surprising otherwise. Could be fun, but not sure about all that power up stuff.

I can (unfortunately) understand about the Wii U, but omitting a PC version is very strange.

Man...MAAAAAAAN.

How do you fuck this up?

Might still give it a go if it comes out as like a 20 dollar digital download...but power ups, robomodo, and cross-gen do not inspire confidence.

Randam

power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles?

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

prag16

Banned
Wii U being left out is nothing new though.

Of course not. The guy you quoted is just a concern troll, and has been at it for a very long time.

This does seem like the type of game that COULD get some sales on Wii U compared to many of Activision's other games, but yeah, I guess that ship has sailed. Almost surprising Activision is even throwing Wii U a bone with Guitar Hero.

so1337

I remain cautiously optimistic. Visuals are the least of my worries. It needs to PLAY well.

Don't fuck this up, Robomodo.

eFKac

Visually rather shit, thank you PS360.

And that projectile bit doesn't sound too hot, but fuck it.

THPS3 for the PS2 was the first game I bought with my own money (full price no less), will buy this one for the PS4 after a long divorce with the series.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
I love T.Hawk but outside of the first few THPS games, everything he puts his name on is garbage. This is well known in the skate community too. The guy will put his name on anything that helps him live the rockstar lifestyle. While I don't hate him for it, I def know enough that anytime his name is on something, it is a cash grab.

Fhtagn

Ooof, I'm wait and see about this. Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD was a buggy, infuriating mess. This series requires a tight game engine, everything flows from that.

I want this to be great but...

amnesiac

THPS 3 and 4 were both cross gen. Tony Hawk was never about the graphics, so I'm not concerned about that.

But damn, Robomodo? If it plays anything like THPS HD did, it will be a terrible game. Will wait on some video footage to judge though.

hey guys, remember how the N64 THPS3 held back the Xbox version?

oh wait

it didn't
The cool thing is, the last gen versions of THPS3 were pretty damn good in there own right. I just finished it on PS1 and it feels like an expansion to THPS2 with revert. Really fun game on both gens.

It doesn't look spectacular visually, but I'm really excited. I've loved this series since day one on N64.

The idea of shooting projectiles and using power-ups really worries me, though.

Xater

visuals don't mean shit. As long as the game:

-is 60 fps
-physics identical to THPS3
-has cool level design
-has cool music
-has playable spider-man and other wacky unlockables

I'm happy.

The way this looks it better be 60 fps.

TI82

Banned
It doesn't look spectacular visually, but I'm really excited. I've loved this series since day one on N64.

The idea of shooting projectiles and using power-ups really worries me, though.

Theyll set it up in that Bam Margera sets up a rocket on your skateboard to shoot his parents or something.

I remember shooting fireballs when I'd do kickflips in the old Tony Hawk games in multiplayer.

I could see myself enjoying this if its as good as THUG.

FyreWulff

The cool thing is, the last gen versions of THPS3 were pretty damn good in there own right. I just finished it on PS1 and it feels like an expansion to THPS2 with revert. Really fun game on both gens.

Yeah. They were pretty well done for the target hardware. It seems like people have forgotten that developers can tweak games for older hardware/change them around to get them running without impacting the newest gen versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFsr-U0aNY

N64 had that chopped up music tho
AND DONT FORGET THE JOKER

There was a mission in American Wasteland where if you did a kickflip you would shoot fireballs out of your board. Maybe that's it?

ShowDog

The screens look like the bullshots from the DC release of the original THPS.

Out for 4 reasons... Activision, no-Neversoft, projectiles, and no-PC.

It's a damn shame because I loved me some THPS back in the day and a real, well executed sequel would be incredible (and I have no idea what it would consist of tbh).

Top Bottom