• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawks 1+2 Remastered releases 09/04/20

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Sadly, no. The good news is the full game is only about two weeks away.

Not that this will benefit you, but I also have to say I think the publishers will be making a fairly large mistake if they don't make the demo available to everyone after the game's release. There's a huge word of mouth potential for this game, much like there was originally.

Case in point, here's a Skate 3 you tuber who never played the series before:

bummer! oh well i guess i can live without the demo. bought it while watching the DF overview. the game looks so sick.

Looks seriously amazing. Can we apply the same treatment to SSX Tricky + SSX3?

200.gif

If this thing does well, it's a safe bet EA will want in on the money. SSX 3 is one of the best games ever.

Soltype

One thing I noticed they changed from the first game is that the special sound plays during the trick instead of when landing it, it's a small thing but I liked hearing it more on landing the trick.

One thing I noticed they changed from the first game is that the special sound plays during the trick instead of when landing it, it's a small thing but I liked hearing it more on landing the trick.

Are you sure? Because I remember hearing one sound for a special trick activating, and one sound for a perfect landing. Here's the original game that seems to work the same way.

Soltype

Are you sure? Because I remember hearing one sound for a special trick activating, and one sound for a perfect landing. Here's the original game that seems to work the same way.

Guess it was just in the first game.It seems it's not upon landing, but when the trick is complete.Later games cue the sound as the trick starts.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Source:
tony-hawk-ps4-original.original.jpg

In case you weren't aware, there's more than likely going to be a new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game this year. Various insiders have hinted at its existence over the past couple of months, but the real evidence is being sourced from bands and skateboarders who are making their inclusion in the title public. of how our current mirth works with lookups

Last month, The Dead Set posted to Facebook that five of its songs would be included in the game before promptly pulling the news. And now professional skateboarder Jason Dill has gone on record in a new interview stating that his song is also part of the soundtrack as well as his own board.

There is most definitely a new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater launching later this year. However, will it be a complete series reboot or a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 6? And when will it be revealed? Microsoft's upcoming third-party Inside Xbox show on Thursday is a good shout, but digital conferences are coming from a variety of sources as part of Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest.

The style is still there.
With the skate

KGun

Neo Member
Looks seriously amazing. Can we apply the same treatment to SSX Tricky + SSX3?

I agree, but SSX 3 with enhanced BC for XBOX One X is pretty damn fine. Would love to see this treatment to SSX: Tricky, however. That generation of Extreme Sports / Arcade Sports video games was incredible and is severely lacking in this day and age. I know it must boil down to money, but not sure why we don't get games like those anymore. I thought they sold really well, but maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully the THPS 1+2 Remake does well and we start to see these types of games resurface. It's looking good so far..

Nameless

Dumped a good 12-15 hours into the demo already and will be playing daily until the 4th. My $40 has already been well spent. Sort of absurd how good this is.

Just about a week away! Which skater do you plan on using?

There's a big spoiler in the video below regarding a secret skater. If you don't want to hear it, stop watching after the basic outfits are shown.

Last edited:
After playing 2 hours of the demo, I can safely say one thing: THIS IS IT BOYS. This is IT. They nailed it, I got the same feeling I got while playing DMC 5 in that I didn't even believe I was playing something that looked that good and played exactly how I wanted. Airtight baby. Airtight. If you're on the fence about the game, maybe had doubts after so many misfires, fear no more and dive right in.

Blond

Banned
After playing 2 hours of the demo, I can safely say one thing: THIS IS IT BOYS. This is IT. They nailed it, I got the same feeling I got while playing DMC 5 in that I didn't even believe I was playing something that looked that good and played exactly how I wanted. Airtight baby. Airtight. If you're on the fence about the game, maybe had doubts after so many misfires, fear no more and dive right in.

Okay, me and you are on the same page and I decided to pre order based off this alone

Blond

Banned
I don't think you're going to be disappointed. It's very smooth, challenging to chain a mad combo but very satisfying once you. It's thrilling.

Man you have no idea how much I love DMC5, I've beaten it on EVERY difficulty over the past year and couldn't believe it. I've never done that with a DMC game so to hear this you pressed all the right buttons in ways you didn't expect lol.

Last edited:
Man you have no idea how much I love DMC5, I've beaten it on EVERY difficulty over the past year and couldn't believe it. I've never done that with a DMC game so to hear this you pressed all the right buttons in ways you didn't expect lol.

I still need to do Dante Must Die and beyond, stopped there because my backlog was getting a bit out of hand. But I'm absolutely going back to that gem, DMC 5 is the real deal.

Okay, me and you are on the same page and I decided to pre order based off this alone

If you pre-ordered digitally, you should come back to this thread after you've had some time with the warehouse demo and share your thoughts. I'd like to hear what you think. Personally, I'm very impressed.

Blond

Banned
If you pre-ordered digitally, you should come back to this thread after you've had some time with the warehouse demo and share your thoughts. I'd like to hear what you think. Personally, I'm very impressed.

Yeah I was waiting for my disc next week but I gotta get on this demo haha

Agent X

Wow, that's really encouraging!

This has been one of my most highly anticipated games of 2020, ever since it was announced. I'm not kidding.

I invested some crazy amount of time in several of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games (and sequels) around 2000-2006.

I remember downloading the demo of THPS2 on the PC, playing it for hours that evening, and then buying the full game shortly after that. I remember when THPS3 was announced...it was one of the games that finally pushed me to get a PlayStation 2, and naturally was one of the first games I bought along with the system. I remember the Network Adapter breathing new life into that game.

I will own this game next week!

Wow, that's really encouraging!

This has been one of my most highly anticipated games of 2020, ever since it was announced. I'm not kidding.

I invested some crazy amount of time in several of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games (and sequels) around 2000-2006.

I remember downloading the demo of THPS2 on the PC, playing it for hours that evening, and then buying the full game shortly after that. I remember when THPS3 was announced...it was one of the games that finally pushed me to get a PlayStation 2, and naturally was one of the first games I bought along with the system. I remember the Network Adapter breathing new life into that game.

I will own this game next week!

This franchise is so important to me as well. I remember getting home and seeing that beautiful blue cartridge lying on top of my bed as very surprising gift, then renting the yellow cartridge over and over and OVER because it was such a leap from the first one. Then playing THPS 3 any way I could, first on PC, then PS2, then on Gamecube. Then 4, THUG, even the less relevant ones like American Wasteland. I got so many memories and 1+2 feels oddly respectful of that. It's like the devs knew what I wanted and delivered just that. I mean, that is if the rest of the levels are as good as the first one, because they nailed the feel of the game. It feels a bit less floaty than the originals, but it's VERY consistent.

The only complaint I have is that while Warehouse is a very iconic level, Hangar is just a flat out better first level. That's it. That's the only negative thing I've got, like holy shit.

deafmedal

Guys, I think I fucked up. I am extremely excited to play this, I spent a lot of time with all the games up to 5 which I avoided (thanks GAF!). I decided to go physical for this as I spend a lot of time in hotels with shitty internet so wanted to be able to pop the disc in anytime and play. Problem is my wife is flying out to spend the weekend with me next next week...

I won’t be able to play next weekend😩

Longtime veteran of the series Andy THPS (perhaps best currently known for his School 1 combo video that was uploaded on the official remake you tube channel) gives his impressions of the game and how it feels to play:

Top Bottom