• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawks 1+2 Remastered releases 09/04/20

cormack12

Gold Member
Weird getting used to the camera again, only get 2 minute stints and it feels weird using analogue stick for manuals.

theHFIC

Controls are great. My biggest worry going into it. The demo leaves you wanting a lot more but it is a nice confirmation that the controls are still there and the look and feel is very similar. Excited for this next month.

The music triggers a lot of memories and great to hear the tracks back but with the advent of custom music libraries over the past 20 years I don't know if I will keep the in-game music my default the whole time.

SkylineRKR

I saw footage and it seems classic TH vets feel right at home from the first second they play. Everything they try seems to work. Game looks good and perf is great. I think this is a winner.

waylo

Banned
Anyone else check this out on PC?

I get a solid 90-100 FPS with everything maxed except shadows at 1440p. Shadows on high everything runs fine. Shadows on highest turns my game into a slide show. My frames literally drop by like 80%. Anyone else experiencing this? Shadows are usually taxing, but that much doesn't seem right.

keraj37

Such a shame it is on epic store - this game is no existant to me in that case - maybe I will grab it somewhere else one day. Shame.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sooo max score on demo everyone!

My framerates on PC are butter smooth. Game feels/plays like the original. Need to relearn everything and learn the new abilities.

I noticed that there's a stark difference in spins when using the stick versus the dpad. I am not sure if this is a leftover from the original or if game needs stick sensitivity adjustment. It's just 10x easier for me to align my spins with the dpad and its 3x as fast on the spins.

Digity

Anyone else check this out on PC?

I get a solid 90-100 FPS with everything maxed except shadows at 1440p. Shadows on high everything runs fine. Shadows on highest turns my game into a slide show. My frames literally drop by like 80%. Anyone else experiencing this? Shadows are usually taxing, but that much doesn't seem right.
Installing on PC now, will update.

UPDATE:
Everything maxed but shadows at 1440p I hover around 130-144fps, max shadows and it drops between 65-80fps.

Last edited:
If anyone here in Australia is interested, with a Prime membership, Amazon Prime has both PS4 and Xbox copies for $49. Pretty damn cheap.

Games in the US retail for $60, and this game is releasing in the US for $40. Just wondering, but how does $49 Austrialian compare to the standard price of a retail game there?

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Thank god, this would be unplayable without D-pad controls, specifically for balancing manuals and grinds, but trick directions would be ass with analog as well.
Damn....I would think consoles let you fully customize controls by now. That's pretty sad.

And what is that shitty arc thing that pops up on the screen constantly ? Hope you're able to get rid of that.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Damn....I would think consoles let you fully customize controls by now. That's pretty sad.

And what is that shitty arc thing that pops up on the screen constantly ? Hope you're able to get rid of that.

The balance meter? have you ever seen a Tony Hawk game before lol

Last edited:
The balance meter? have you ever seen a Tony Hawk game before lol

You are able to turn off the balance meter, but you still have to balance. Good luck not falling constantly if you turn off the only indication that you're about to fall.

On another topic, is anyone here playing their first Tony Hawk game ever with this game? If so, what do you think of it so far?

Nymphae

Banned
You are able to turn off the balance meter, but you still have to balance. Good luck not falling constantly if you turn off the only indication that you're about to fall.

That might be good for getting some cool looking video but that wouldn't be viable for long combos at all, you really need the meter

That might be good for getting some cool looking video but that wouldn't be viable for long combos at all, you really need the meter

I guess you could also use it with the perfect balance cheat, or the no bails cheat, but if you're using cheats then why are you even playing in the first place? I don't want to use them to check, but is it fair to assume using any cheats keeps the game from recording your score or contributing to your cash or XP level? I would hope so.

MiguelItUp

Man, I played the demo a few times on PC before deleting it cause I want to hype myself, haha. It's SO good. The FIRST run I had felt SOOOOOO nostalgic, hell, it ALL did. I'm so happy for Tony Hawk to be a part of a GREAT game again. I had everything on high on PC and it looked stellar and ran like a dream. I can't believe this is out in a few weeks. I'm SO excited!

bender

What time is it?
Man, I played the demo a few times on PC before deleting it cause I want to hype myself, haha. It's SO good. The FIRST run I had felt SOOOOOO nostalgic, hell, it ALL did. I'm so happy for Tony Hawk to be a part of a GREAT game again. I had everything on high on PC and it looked stellar and ran like a dream. I can't believe this is out in a few weeks. I'm SO excited!

This and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles are my most anticipated games for the rest of the year. 2020 will be the year of nostalgia.

Digity

I guess you could also use it with the perfect balance cheat, or the no bails cheat, but if you're using cheats then why are you even playing in the first place? I don't want to use them to check, but is it fair to assume using any cheats keeps the game from recording your score or contributing to your cash or XP level? I would hope so.
Putting on the no bail assist and doing 900's into manuals on flat ground is hilarious.

RPS37

I need to figure out how to do bigger combos.
I feel like I only know how to play like I’m playing the original.

SegaShack

I love the Tony Hawk games but having them on PS1, N64, and DC, I just don't see the need to rebuy at full price. That being said, I'm happy this series is back.

Nymphae

Banned
I need to figure out how to do bigger combos.
I feel like I only know how to play like I’m playing the original.

Link everything, ABC always be comboing and utilize variety in trick selection - manuals, reverts, spine transfers, grinds, flatland, use as many different tricks as possible. That's all there is to it, hitting a high level is really just dependant on how long you can keep the balance bar balanced and incorporate all of the above, while hitting the most ideal zones and lines in a level

RPS37

Link everything, ABC always be comboing and utilize variety in trick selection - manuals, reverts, spine transfers, grinds, flatland, use as many different tricks as possible. That's all there is to it, hitting a high level is really just dependant on how long you can keep the balance bar balanced and incorporate all of the above, while hitting the most ideal zones and lines in a level
i understand linking grinds and manuals. But I don’t get how people do multiple reverts, how to do wallplants, and multiple grinds and flat ground tricks together.

i understand linking grinds and manuals. But I don’t get how people do multiple reverts, how to do wallplants, and multiple grinds and flat ground tricks together.

The manual allows you to travel along the ground without ending your combo. To Manual tap up then down, or down then up, just before landing on flat ground.

The revert allows you to land from a quarter-pipe without ending your combo. To Revert tap the right trigger just as you land from a quarter pipe. In almost all cases, you'll want to immediately follow up each revert with a manual.

Never land on flat ground without landing in a manual.
Never land from a half-pipe without doing a revert into a manual.
That is, unless you're ready to end your combo.

To Wallplant, jump into a wall straight on, and then press back and jump again just as you hit the wall.

While you're doing a manual, you can tap various combinations of the flip, grab, and grind buttons to do flatland tricks.

Hope that helped. Any other questions, or if you need clarification on anything, just ask.

Last edited:

RPS37

The manual allows you to travel along the ground without ending your combo. To Manual tap up then down, or down then up, just before landing on flat ground.

The revert allows you to land from a quarter-pipe without ending your combo. To Revert tap the right trigger just as you land from a quarter pipe. In almost all cases, you'll want to immediately follow up each revert with a manual.

Never land on flat ground without landing in a manual.
Never land from a half-pipe without doing a revert into a manual.
That is, unless you're ready to end your combo.

To Wallplant, jump into a wall straight on, and then press back and jump again just as you hit the wall.

While you're doing a manual, you can tap various combinations of the flip, grab, and grind buttons to do flatland tricks.

Hope that helped. Any other questions, or if you need clarification on anything, just ask.
Thanks, this helps a bit.

Top Bottom