• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug/Sep16| NUDE GIRLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I'm actually surprised GAF doesn't have a report button instead relying on twitter outrage of mods getting flooded with pms when bad shit is posted.

I believe it was considered but implementation is tricky. Also people only rarely PM mods about questionable posts no matter how much we encourage it. I figure it's a sort of bystander effect where each individual figures 'someone else will pm a mod' or 'a mod will see this post anyway'.

Why didn't they just ban the awful posters again instead of the whole OT being wiped?

I wasn't a part of this but I know it was a long process. Bans were made and warnings were made and it seemed to be a chronic or cyclical issue.

Jarate

Banned
I have sent thousands of PMs to Seda all about how none of you have been shilling Ping Pong enough and deserve a ban because of it

Raxus

I'm too scared to abuse knowing mods, if only because GAF has the stigma of "wow you know a mod you're unbannable" to people on the outside.

Why didn't they just ban the awful posters again instead of the whole OT being wiped?

Knowing them? I flag whatever mod is typically available. I just happen to flag mods I know since I typically see them online. I think the only other thing I tag is the awful mother shoots baby and eats it type stories that pop up on GAF that serve no purpose but to elicit a knee jerk reaction.
I have sent thousands of PMs to Seda all about how none of you have been shilling Ping Pong enough and deserve a ban because of it
Ping-Pong? The coming of age drama that tells the tale of two best friends as they climb the ranks of the best ping pong players in their region? Who would ever recommend such a wonderful series? NOT I!

Jarate

Banned
Ping-Pong? The coming of age drama that tells the tale of two best friends as they climb the ranks of the best ping pong players in their region? Who would ever recommend such a wonderful series? NOT I!

Qd62bL4.gif

Regiruler

meeeeehhhhhhhhh
ehhhhhhhhhhhhehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fucker's still a con artist and he was only able to do that because of plot BS, I didn't ask for a sermon

Jarate

Banned
And it bombed I really don't get why someone would seriously ever expect another sports show on Toonami

The difference in quality between a show like Prince of Tennis, and something like Ping Pong and Hajime no Ippo are tremendous.

Also, I'd argue that Zoids and G Gundam are arguably sports shows that were fairly successful. IGPX was able to air twice despite being horrible.

Prince of Tennis is just a very mediocre at its best show. It doesn't prove anything about sports anime or how they would be perceived by Toonamis audience.

I will say that the average shit american anime fan generally doesnt like sports anime though, because they think they are edgey for going "LOL SPORTS ARE DUM IM SUCH A NURD"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a chance that every new show for the next two years is a sequel.

One Punch Man.
FLCL 2
Samurai Jack
Sword Art Online III
Attack on Titan II
Jojo Part 2/3/4
Iron Blooded Orphans 2
Dragonball Z Kai
Dragonball Super

Also Zoids Zero is clearly a sports anime while G Gundam, despite being about the Giant Robot Olympic Death Match, isn't. Zoids Zero is literally IGPX except instead of races it is fighting.

Mizerman

To be fair, they only aired a few episodes and showed them out of order for some reason. And they were already available (in order) on Toonami Jetstream, their online service at the time.

I know. I don't know what they were thinking on showing episodes in the wrong order.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What other shows were exclusive to Jetstream aside from Eyeshield 21? I think some show called Kiba was. Maybe some other show called Storm Hawks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What other shows were exclusive to Jetstream aside from Eyeshield 21? I think some show called Kiba was. Maybe some other show called Storm Hawks.

Buu Saga debuted there. They also showed most of Star Blazers, Record of Lodoss War TV, and a bunch of other random crap.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What? I don't remember this at all!

Anyway, they also showed Hikaru no Go, I believe the entire series.

Technically that was TOONAMI Reactor.

On March 26, 2001, Cartoon Network launched Toonami Reactor, their first online streaming video service.[88] The three-month service featured streaming episodes from Dragon Ball Z and Star Blazers, the latter of which was an online-exclusive series. Editorial content was provided by the now-defunct Animerica Magazine, published by VIZ Media. After the three-month "trial run" was over, Cartoon Network took it offline and completely revamped it.

On November 14, 2001, Cartoon Network relaunched Toonami Reactor with all online-exclusive programs such as Star Blazers, Patlabor, The Harlock Saga, and Record of Lodoss War, as well as videos from Daft Punk and Toonami-themed games. In the summer of 2002, Toonami Reactor was revamped again under the Adult Swim aegis and, in a joint venture with VIZ's Weekly Shonen Jump, programmed it as "Adult Swim Pipeline." It featured episodes and/or manga chapters from One Piece, Naruto, Shaman King, YuYu Hakusho, and Sand Land.[89][90]

Jarate

Banned
You know, have you heard about these dragon balls? We're doing great stuff on Namek with fantastic people on Namek to make sure we get the dragon balls. absolutely great people

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last year he said that Namek only sends us its criminals and demons like Piccolo Senior. We need that intergalatic great wall and have them pay for it. I'm sure there are some good ones like the earth's guardian Kami.

Jarate

Banned
I have this wonderful friend, Zarbon, great guy, who is just an expert at dealing with these Namekians, real stand up guy this Zarbon

We're going to get the Dragon Balls, and have the Namekians wish for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom