• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save Tatsumi huh? Well Sentai I got news for you...

(spoilers duh)
HE DIES! AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah I read the Wikipedia summaries. Still living in the manga, but on a countdown.

Wait what? the show is going to kill off its main protagonist?! seriously?!?!

Seda

Save Tatsumi huh? Well Sentai I got news for you...

(spoilers duh)
HE DIES! AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah I read the Wikipedia summaries. Still living in the manga, but on a countdown.

where's that jojo's laughing .gif

Raxus

I am not spoiling any of the 'surprises' for AgK.

I will just say shit gets beyond off the rails in the end. Hell, last episode it already started to derail.

where's that jojo's laughing .gif

This one?

latest

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg.

I just thought of something.

What if Kurome uses her zombie powers to make it so Nightraid has to fight their fallen comrades like Bulat & Shelle?

Raxus

I am treating Champloo like a treat for many. Trying to drop as little hints as possible aside from my general feelings about particular episodes.

That said a chunk of the show is hazy for me so it is nice to get a rewatch.

Articalys

What's this? New thread time already?

Off-topic, but it seems like FMA and FMA:B might be the next shows that Funimation loses the licenses to.
https://twitter.com/WTK/status/693662725151404032
Yep. Well, the Brotherhood part so far, at least.
We’ve received an outpouring of fan feedback asking for Funimation to let you know when titles are expiring from our home video and streaming catalog, so we are announcing today that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa will be expiring soon. Funimation licenses these rights for a limited time, after which they revert to the original Japanese license holder. After these dates, these titles will be removed from our streaming service on Funimation.com, and we will not be reprinting any more home video products.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: expires March 31, 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa: expires March 31, 2016

Seda

I'm not especially in tune with the anime industry, but these Funimation expirations are so far all Aniplex produced shows in Japan, right? (Baccano, Darker than Black, FMA)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some paintings were really out there back then. Remember what Mugen said?
Funny thing is, the whole "doing it with a squid" comment is actually a reference to a real-life drawing from that era.

.....I mean, I obviously can't link or post it...

Edit: I'm fairly certain it's a reference to the picture called "Dream of a Fisherman's Wife" by Katsushika Hokusai. Though in that picture, it's an octopus.

bigkrev

Will Funi be loosing the original FMA?
I'm only asking because the price of the FMA blu-ray has gone up $5 since yesterday....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even funner fact: That artist Fuu met with/modeled for was an actual person.

& it sounded like it was just the Brotherhood series, not the original. Sacred Star of Milos doesn't seem to be expiring either.

GUYS I NEED TO WATCH LIKE 44 EPISODES OF FMA BROTHERHOOD BEFORE IT SELLS OUT ON AMAZON TO DETERMINE IF I SHOULD SPONTANEOUSLY BUY IT OR NOT

I FEEL LIKE IT STOPS BEING SPONTANEOUS AT THAT POINT BUT YOU GET THE IDEA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking about Netflix, they added the final filler season to OG Naruto. That and a lot of newer Pokémon.

Oh joy, I really want to watch Filler Hell Part 1: The hunt for Sauce again. no thanks, and pokemon doesn't interest me past johto anymore.

Isn't Brotherhood on Netflix though?

I don't really know how licensing works but isn't that once a license is expired it makes a complete pullout from any sort of legal viewing in its region? I would figure it will get pulled from Netflix soon too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Main Title, AKA "Rock the Dragon" has an interesting history. It was done by SABAN of power rangers theme, it was originally used for the OCEAN dub, and it was probably sung by the guy who did all the awesome Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers butt rock ballads.

Kinda want to buy FMA Brotherhood for posterity's sake and whatnot but sheesh 80+ bucks. Why couldnt Funi make one big box set that wasnt as expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom